• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Unless there are some real additions, you gotta think Struber is out, right? 

There will additions in the winter

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
They should sign gulbrandsen. Only 29 and familiar with pressing system.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,799 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

"additions"

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Casseres is def moving on. Would be weird for the team to get in the same situation like Long, and he walks away for nothing. A lot of moves need to happen in Jan, considering there'll be ~6 spots on the roster vacated by loanees who returned home. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Emphasis on the "real", I guess I mean. 

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Sure, Roald Mitchell and O'Vonte Mullings.

(joking?)

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

No additions this Winter. Following the closure of the winter window, Schneider will be saying he just here a few months back hence needs to evaluate more and nothing he can do now since the window is closed.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts

Casseres is def moving on. Would be weird for the team to get in the same situation like Long, and he walks away for nothing. A lot of moves need to happen in Jan, considering there'll be ~6 spots on the roster vacated by loanees who returned home. 

yeah, if a player does not want to stay, we should get something for them.

Losing davis and potential long on a free is poor asset management. We need allocation money to improve the squad.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

yeah, if a player does not want to stay, we should get something for them.

Losing davis and potential long on a free is poor asset management. We need allocation money to improve the squad.

and you need players to play as they are not just assets.  We need to spend actual money not just allocation money. 

Davis was integral to us making playoffs and his successor Amaya was not ready and other issues with injuries/form.  

Long intergral to us this year.  Reyes is his successor.  Who is Nealis successor /3rd CB is the question. 

who says CCJ doesn't want to stay.  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,799 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The fact that we are right where we need to be with the playoffs (where anything can happen!) proves all fretting and fussing over additions this season was unwarranted.    

Assuming Long, Tolkin, Barlow and CCJ leave, that just makes room for our great pipeline of talent to slide in and develop.   

Once Klimala gets his confidence he'll be banging them in on the reg.  Any game now!  He's due!

Nocita slots in for Long, Ngoma for Barlow, Sserwada for CCJ, and I'm sure we have plenty of options coming up at LB for Tolkin, in addition to re-positioned Pasher.  

Why would we mess with this great team chemistry bringing in some foreign prima donna(s)?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts

and you need players to play as they are not just assets.  We need to spend actual money not just allocation money. 
Davis was integral to us making playoffs and his successor Amaya was not ready and other issues with injuries/form.  
Long intergral to us this year.  Reyes is his successor.  Who is Nealis successor /3rd CB is the question. 
who says CCJ doesn't want to stay.  

I understand that we have to spend but klimala could be a non DP if we had allocation to buy down his contract.

If we managed our player contracts better we could be a juggernaut. However, letting guys go for free and not signing anyone from abroad to replace them raises questions on how this club is managed

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Once Klimala gets his confidence he'll be banging them in on the reg.  Any game now!  He's due!

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=PdbpmeUODME

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

The fact that we are right where we need to be...

See, didn't that feel so much better than "we suck and will always suck so why bother?"

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
I like CCJ a lot, but I don't feel like he's an irreplaceable player like Adams was.

I'd let him go for anything more than 5M.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Does anyone know the full terms of the contract CCJ signed going into 2020? Club said it was multi-year but didn't say how many and which were options.

Probably the more interesting question - does anyone think CCJ re-ups with us again? I'd probably say no, he's been getting consistent enough Euro interest I could see him going the Kyle Duncan route and walking if we aren't able to sell.

I think winter is the right time to sell, and wouldn't be too upset even if its in the $3M range. As long as we get those sweet, sweet GarberBucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users