94 replies to this topic

MetroTard

MetroTard

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts
  • Supports:Eric D

So let me summarize: Kandji is no Ronaldo?

Wheh, thank god we got that cleared up. I 've been losing sleep over that for weeks.

:lol: :pint:

Kawandinho never compared Kandji's skill to Ronaldo, just their situation, saying it was a friendly that got him noticed and signed. I'm saying Ronaldo's friendly was the cherry on top of a bigger process that started a lot earlier. Which is where the comparison to Kandji's situation is invalid. Before the friendlies, Kandji has done nothing impressive.

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,961 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund | Everton | Fulham | Barca
  • Supports:MetroStars

Fixed the fix:

The guy is rather talented, but in a way, I would say he can use this half season under Henry's wing to continue building confidence before he's ready for the next level.

Fixed the fixed fix!

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

Fixed the fixed fix!

We definitely need a Hans Backe grammar editor up in this website :lol:

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

ArsenalStation

ArsenalStation

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Supports:RBNY; Arsenal FC
I think that many of the criticisms of Kandji are valid. He has had work ethic issues and he does have a record of injuries. Don't get me wrong, I've thought he's had great potential since he came, but I see him failing if he leaves for England anytime soon. Okay, he got a few nice moves of in 1-on-1 situations in the friendly, but it was a friendly and I doubt Spurs or City were expecting that from him. Let him try that in England. He might get it off once or twice before he started getting kicked. And how would he deal with that? The stories about Backe in practice should be a red flag as well. Kandji's tendency to try to take defenders on like Ronaldo on crack despite better options being available would not be tolerated as well. Take those things away and what's left? He's never proven to be a great header of the ball on set pieces or the like despite his height, which would be required of him in the way English teams would deploy him as a center-forward.

I'm not hating, but the timing seems all wrong. I've no doubt there's tons of interest. English clubs, and European clubs in general, are desperate and suffering financially. Many would jump at the chance to sign a player with some potential for the little money that MLS would be able to get for him. After all, what has he done in MLS? I think Kandji is valuable to the club, but on a personal level for him I think he would be making a major mistake leaving before he has really developed his game to its fullest. Otherwise, like someone else said, he will likely end up like Jozy. I'm not hating, just being realistic. Besides for some flash every now and then and an occasional goal, what have we REALLY seen from Kandji? If he continued to play like he did over the weekend for the rest of the season, then it might be better advised, but, now? No way.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,489 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The real deal has scored a total of 6 goals in 37 MLS games...

He was the top scorer in USL before coming here to get fucked by JCO, like everyone else, and he's had injuries (broken bones have nothing to do with being 'soft'). But only time will tell, and I look forward to being right on this one.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users