221 replies to this topic

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

they have a full roster brazil is type of country with to many good players thats why deals can be found in lower leagues

Well at first I was gonna say he probably didnt go to the obvious choice of Red Bull Brazil cause they said fuck no this guy sucks.

But then I read he wants to live in the USA...so this move makes a ton of sense and will definitely make us better...

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos
from the clips he looks composed, balanced, and technically way beyond Barlow. Looking forward to seeing him play here.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

In a vacuum, this is fine. You take a four-month loan to figure out if this guy is MLS material. If so, great. If not, he goes away, and not much lost... except you're now stuck with Barlow the rest of the way.

I remember back in 2004 Bradley signed Galvan Rey (which would be a DP-level deal now) AND Taylor AND Glen, because he needed a backup plan. As it turns out, none of them were special, but at least the latter two banged some important goals.

There has to be a backup plan, right?

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,477 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

In a vacuum, this is fine. You take a four-month loan to figure out if this guy is MLS material. If so, great. If not, he goes away, and not much lost... except you're now stuck with Barlow the rest of the way.

I remember back in 2004 Bradley signed Galvan Rey (which would be a DP-level deal now) AND Taylor AND Glen, because he needed a backup plan. As it turns out, none of them were special, but at least the latter two banged some important goals.

Archimede? Harper? White? Barlow? Sowe?
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Bklynfootballer

Bklynfootballer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA

Galvan Rey (which would be a DP-level deal now) AND Taylor AND Glen

King of (not so many) Goals!!!

Oh man that Taylor and Glen striker duo is one of my all time favs...but that's mostly cause my parents are from Trinidad and I grew up in East Flatbush.

BLewis1968

BLewis1968

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

King of (not so many) Goals!!!

Oh man that Taylor and Glen striker duo is one of my all time favs...but that's mostly cause my parents are from Trinidad and I grew up in East Flatbush.

Fabian Taylor. That's where the bucks is! 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Not buying him as the second coming of BWP..... They should have gotten Mandzukic
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Prove me wrong please
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Another non big time signing , keeping our salaries low.

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Glen was great. I always enjoyed seeing him play.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

I think its a high upside pickup. Seems like a better fit in playing style than some other acquisitions from SA in prior years.  I am excited to see how all of these pieces fit together - we could have a turnover of 60-75% of the starters on the roster for 2021 and a full preseason to develop chemistry. If nothing else, it will be interesting. 

Cart before horse, but if Fabio makes his place here, I hope RB marketing sets up some meet and greet events in the Ironbound. 

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Cart before horse, but if Fabio makes his place here, I hope RB marketing sets up some meet and greet events in the Ironbound. 

If the Ironbound were not coming in to watch Juninho Pernambucano, who actually played for the Brasil National Team, they are not coming in for Fabio!!

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

If the Ironbound were not coming in to watch Juninho Pernambucano, who actually played for the Brasil National Team, they are not coming in for Fabio!!

I'm not saying "come see the former star that is millionaire Juninho" will work, I'm saying "oh, there's a guy at the bar I go to who plays for the soccer team that plays across the river, speaks the same language as me, and is also trying to provide for his family - maybe I'll check out a game to see him play"

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

I'm not saying "come see the former star that is millionaire Juninho" will work, I'm saying "oh, there's a guy at the bar I go to who plays for the soccer team that plays across the river, speaks the same language as me, and is also trying to provide for his family - maybe I'll check out a game to see him play"

..and just thinking out loud, really. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

..and just thinking out loud, really. 

I knew where you were coming from. S'all good. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users