302 replies to this topic

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I've defended him and am ready to cut bait but I feel terrible for him. What's the most consistent run of starts he's gotten? Seems like he's just broken, confidence-wise.

Not sure if the death of his father may have affected him as well. Especially since he lives so far away from his family and friends.

Some soccer pros just weren't mentally built to be so far from home. Some don't even know it themselves until they pack up all their stuff and get on a plane.

So if you relocate far from home and have trouble adjusting, and you have a huge contract relative to your teammates, AND you keep getting injured, AND your father dies...yeah I could see how that would spiral downward into a dark place you can't pull yourself out of.

Speculative of course. And I've no I'll will toward the guy. I want(ed) it to work out for him and hope nothing but the best for him moving forward. However, from a cold cut business standpoint it is zero hour.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,511 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

had no idea about his dad. i'm glad i'm not one of the ones who's constantly trashing him endlessly on one of those FB groups.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Supports:Metro

had no idea about his dad. i'm glad i'm not one of the ones who's constantly trashing him endlessly on one of those FB groups.

Happened last year just before the start of the season I believe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users