1079 replies to this topic

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Long is a stud, USL defender of the year, happy to pencil him in as a starter. I was always confident in the CBs we already had, but it's nice to see that Jesse plans on giving minutes to youth and using Perrinelle as a backup. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Is Baah healthy? Where is he on the depth chart? I thought he would have a good chance to start with Collin

Can't rely on a guy coming off a broken bone/long layoff. If he comes back and ends up making the decision tough, that's a great luxury to have.  Until then, erase him from the depth chart 

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,121 posts

Can't rely on a guy coming off a broken bone/long layoff. If he comes back and ends up making the decision tough, that's a great luxury to have.  Until then, erase him from the depth chart 

Exactly.  Would treat Baah as a hope for the best, but expert the worst type of scenario.  

If I recall correctly, he broke his non-weight bearing bone so he should be pretty well off.  Sometimes can have some nerve issues there, but usually it's all good.

As for Long's ceiling, I'd say he has the ability to be pretty good.  Good size, athleticism and speed are solid as well.  Nothing terribly elite so it will really come down to whether he gets the mental part down.  

Remember watching the USL team last year paying attention to Carroll early on but it was so clear that Long was better in every way.  Carroll had no speed while Long had that part.  Good in the air and willing to be physical.  I see his upside as a steady, solid MLS starter.  Not an easy thing to do, but just has to eliminate the errors.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Hopefully Long has a good season like Miazga did.

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,171 posts

Interesting on Long, but very worried about our depth at CB, but also fullback. I still think the team should spend big on a DP fullback to be able to give us width and track back effectively for emergency defending. 

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador

Interesting on Long, but very worried about our depth at CB, but also fullback. I still think the team should spend big on a DP fullback to be able to give us width and track back effectively for emergency defending. 

To be honest I'm not as worried at CB as i am RB. CB we have Collin who we can all agree was one of the if not the reason we turned our season around last season and Long the USL defender of the year starting for us. ( I know the game is different from USL to MLS but if Jesse has confidence in him, he's obviously showing something at practice and this pre season) . Back ups is DP55 and Baah which is not too bad and better then having Zubar. If we get the Panamanian RB, he would be the starter with Lade behind him followed by Zizzo and possibly Muyl if Jesse wants to experiment (and trust me with this man it's a big IF). LB we got taxi and Beyui ( butchered the name i know) and Lade can play there too. Not a roster to be overly confident about but it wouldn't be the end of the world. I'd be confident with those guys going into the season and if don't work out we got that money to spend in summer and find another Collin who can bail us out.

LONG LIVE METRO

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,047 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I predict 3:0 win: hat-trick by Veron  :)

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Veron - BWP
Sk16 ------- Royer
Felipe - Davis
Taxi - Collin - Long - Murillo
Robles

LONG LIVE METRO

Metro dummy

Metro dummy

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars and foot fetishes

The price of tickets for this game at StubHub is starting at $46.00 .  Question.  Is it more economical if I get them at the arena the night of the game?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Veron - BWP
Sk16 ------- Royer
Felipe - Davis
Taxi - Collin - Long - Murillo
Robles

Have to think it is Zizzo for this game at least.  Next week in Vancouver may be a different story with Murillo.

Temps look good for Wed.  Excited!

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Have to think it is Zizzo for this game at least.  Next week in Vancouver may be a different story with Murillo.
Temps look good for Wed.  Excited!

I would agree with Zizzo but if he's available I'm sure he will get some minutes. Just hope he fills in quickly so we won't have to worry about Zizzo anymore. I'm also excited. Finally some Metro football. It's been a long off season.

LONG LIVE METRO

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB

In the 9 available sections for tickets there ares till 847 tickets for sale, no numbers on supporters section.

I know the club doesn't have the ability but I wish they could make a 50% sale now, surely its more beneficial to the team to have a good crowd then what $10k from the ticket sales...

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

In the 9 available sections for tickets there ares till 847 tickets for sale, no numbers on supporters section.

I know the club doesn't have the ability but I wish they could make a 50% sale now, surely its more beneficial to the team to have a good crowd then what $10k from the ticket sales...

The low turnout also hurts the prestige of the tournament, if there is any to begin with really.

The fans there Wednesday will be loud and passionate. But if you are watching online it will be hard to care with so many empty seats. It looks bad too.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

The low turnout also hurts the prestige of the tournament, if there is any to begin with really.

The fans there Wednesday will be loud and passionate. But if you are watching online it will be hard to care with so many empty seats. It looks bad too.

I hear ya. But the truth hurts. No one in town caress about Vacouver. People don't know what the CCL is as very little marketing is done for this team besides some Red Bull truck driving up into a liquor store or 7-eleven.

RandomHero

RandomHero

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Jesse told the media he doesn't think the team is ready Wednesday but i really think that just him lighting a fire under the team.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users