826 replies to this topic

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,658 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Actually the worst thing for us would be for him to start grabbing more than just Adams from us if he went to Europe.

Outside of Tyler, the only person on our roster who could immediately play in Europe is Kemar. Maybe Kaku in a few years. 

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,439 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia
It would be hilarious if Vieira and Marsch peace out to Europe in the same month. Maybe they can take the same flight.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

It would be hilarious if Vieira and Marsch peace out to Europe in the same month. Maybe they can take the same flight.

Quite like Vieira in charge of NYC actually. Think he's quite limited even at the MLS level and surely not ready to go to Europe. (Admittedly, some may say the same about Jesse due to certain tendencies.)

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYJ

Outside of Tyler, the only person on our roster who could immediately play in Europe is Kemar. Maybe Kaku in a few years. 

If Tyler is ready for Europe, could you make the argument that Kaku is as well?

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,439 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia

Quite like Vieira in charge of NYC actually. Think he's quite limited even at the MLS level and surely not ready to go to Europe. (Admittedly, some may say the same about Jesse due to certain tendencies.)

Yeah but the rumors of Vieira to Nice are pretty strong.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

Marsch vs Vieira was always a good matchup for us so it sucks that it's over.  Hopefully Armas can keep the same things going vs whoever they go with.  

Vieira is 100% gone based on the reports and his comments at practice today.  Marsch is a little harder to read into, and the reports haven't been as clear, but still think he's gone as well.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Oh yeah, not doubting that. Doubting that he'll do well if he does go.

Whoever's spending the money at Nice clearly has a preference (and deep pockets) for big names. They signed Wesley Sneijder this past season and it did not go well. Balotelli has been a little more successful.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Actually the worst thing for us would be for him to start grabbing more than just Adams from us if he went to Europe.

MLS wants to dick around with Parkera contract, I bet Parker could walk straight onto the bench of an average Bundisliga side.
Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts
  • Supports:METRO

MLS wants to dick around with Parkera contract, I bet Parker could walk straight onto the bench of an average Bundisliga side.

Are they dicking around with Parker or us? I bet la and cascadia teams would have no problem using tam on anyone they point to.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,063 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I bet la and cascadia teams would have no problem

Are you suggesting that there is favoritism in MLS?
That are unpossible!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYJ

Vieira took most of his staff with him to Nice.  I wonder if Marsch will do the same if/when he goes to RBL. Hadn't really considered that possibility, but that would suck.  At least we'd still have Woly...

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Vieira took most of his staff with him to Nice.  I wonder if Marsch will do the same if/when he goes to RBL. Hadn't really considered that possibility, but that would suck.  At least we'd still have Woly...

There is next to no chance of that happening. Don't think Chris Armas is fluent in German. 

odsum25

odsum25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Maybe the Smurfs can hire Jason Kreis? Oh wait...

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB
The RB organization offered me a head coaching job at #NYRB"-says Zsolt Löw, the assistant coach of Leipzig.But the Hungarian coach says he declined,he goes to PSG instead,where he will be assistant of Tuchel (source:Digi Sport Hungary).Is #JesseMarschtoRBLeipzig just confirmed

From Hungarian American mls blogger

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

The RB organization offered me a head coaching job at #NYRB"-says Zsolt Löw, the assistant coach of Leipzig.But the Hungarian coach says he declined,he goes to PSG instead,where he will be assistant of Tuchel (source:Digi Sport Hungary).Is #JesseMarschtoRBLeipzig just confirmed

From Hungarian American mls blogger

Said it before and think Marsch effectively confirmed it by saying "no comment" to the question.  Not usually his way of going about things.  The quote above is more evidence considering that guy has no reason to lie.  

Still think I'd rather Armas take over.  Was the plan last time around and makes sense this time around.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users