240 replies to this topic

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,383 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I really do not buy the $20 million number. I think we will get him for $12-15 with a sell-on percentage.

i read somewhere on twitter that boca bet 19 mil, can't find it now

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

If RB are spending 20M on a player, it's far more likely he goes to Leipzig directly... If he comes good, the ROI there is significantly higher (CL money) than in the MLS.

Unless the theory is he's good enough to be worth 20M and more in the future but would fail in Leipzig unless he plays in the system here first. Which sounds like a bit of a stretch.

For financial fair play it may be better for him to come here first and then go there on a cheaper fee because his contract only had a year left or something dumb like that.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
I love that the title of this thread keeps changing.

Also I want to believe, but 20 mill is ridiculous.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

For financial fair play it may be better for him to come here first and then go there on a cheaper fee because his contract only had a year left or something dumb like that.

FFP are supposedly pretty stringent on this, at least in theory. Transactions between teams owned by the same entity are bound to be closely scrutinized and can be adjusted to reflect market realities.

4. Fair Value

UEFA are aware that owners of clubs could look to inflate a club’s profitability by injecting funds into clubs via artificially inflated commercial deals. Paris St-Germain recently announced a huge sponsorship deal via a body that is connected to the club owners. For this reason UEFA FFP rules require any transaction from a ‘related part’ (i.e. a company or body connected to the club owners) to be assessed to ensure it was a genuine transaction at a ‘fair value’. UEFA has the power to adjust any artificial ‘mates rates’ deals and apply a lower value to the Break Even calculation. This assessment will be carried out by the CFCB panel.

MichaelMejido

MichaelMejido

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

@baiMrtnz

Roberto Olabe, director deportivo de la Real Sociedad está contactando con jugadores para saber su situación y poder cerrar algún fichaje para la Real. Los jugadores, de momento, son: Ayoze Pérez, Mikel Merino, Maxi Meza y Ignacio Pussetto.

Roberto Olabe, sports director of the Real Sociedad is contacting players to know their situation and be able to close some signings for Real. The players, at the moment, are: Ayoze Pérez, Mikel Merino, Maxi Meza and Ignacio Pussetto.

La Real 'plagia' la lista de preferencias del Betis

http://www.estadiode...?utm_source=rss

In addition, he has also noticed a young footballer that Gastón Casas recommended to the heliopolitan club. This is the Argentine Ignacio Pussetto, young extreme of Hurricane and whom the 'Hero of Jaén' cited in Radio Sevilla as one of the pearls of his country and as a future signing more than interesting for the team heliopolitano.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
Reports from Argentina say that the Huracan president is traveling to meet with RBNY about Pussetto tomorrow.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB

flight tracker!

someone make it happen

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Make it happen!!!!

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,851 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Reports from Argentina say that the Huracan president is traveling to meet with RBNY about Pussetto tomorrow.

was that in a tweet?

this saga is excruciating. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

was that in a tweet?

Yeah, a tweet from someone who covers Huracan down in Argentina. I see its making the rounds on RBNY Twitter now too.

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,383 posts

was that in a tweet?

https://twitter.com/...784721457840128

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,851 posts

the way how it was translated to me is that Nadur, the Huracan Team Prez is flying in to give us a last shot at a bid. Then he's off to Portugal to hear Benfica's.

Highest bid wins Pussetto's contract, essentially. My prediction is that he's a Benfica player at the end of this transfer window. 

"Metro..."

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,383 posts

the way how it was translated to me is that Nadur, the Huracan Team Prez is flying in to give us a last shot at a bid. Then he's off to Portugal to hear Benfica's.

Highest bid wins Pussetto's contract, essentially. My prediction is that he's a Benfica player at the end of this transfer window. 

I hope that you're wrong, but yeah.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,851 posts

I hope that you're wrong, but yeah.

Supposedly, the player himself prefers Europe, RBNY won't pay above a certain $ amt. And Benfica seems to be one of the final candidates. I assume that Real Sociedad's interest/bid wasn't big enough. 

This feels like College Football Recruiting. Stressful for no reason. 

"Metro..."

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Supposedly, the player himself prefers Europe, RBNY won't pay above a certain $ amt. And Benfica seems to be one of the final candidates. I assume that Real Sociedad's interest/bid wasn't big enough. 

This feels like College Football Recruiting. Stressful for no reason. 

It's identical to CFB recruiting.  Bring in the bag men.

#RedBullOut

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users