145 replies to this topic

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Parker got called up to the national team.  He will not be available.  Adams did too.  This is a very bad week for both of them to be called up.

https://www.washingt...m=.2742d0697f72

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Parker got called up to the national team.  He will not be available.  Adams did too.  This is a very bad week for both of them to be called up.

https://www.washingt...m=.2742d0697f72

This means they will both miss this Saturday's game vs the Revs and June 9th against Columbus. Why did US Soccer schedule two games over a 7-day span? Right now, it is open season for National Team friendlies (due to World Cup preparation). US Soccer could have easily scheduled the Ireland game for Saturday and France on Tuesday!!

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB
Depth going to be tested.

Very early guess

BWP
Royer Kaku De7
Davis Flo
Taxi Long Collin Lade
Mera

Louro Kutler Ndam Rzat Muyl Rivas Beze

Maybe Rzat right into the XI if he can. Then DE7 to the bench.

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Newcastle, Palermo

This means they will both miss this Saturday's game vs the Revs and June 9th against Columbus. Why did US Soccer schedule two games over a 7-day span? Right now, it is open season for National Team friendlies (due to World Cup preparation). US Soccer could have easily scheduled the Ireland game for Saturday and France on Tuesday!!

Not to mention the Open Cup sandwiches in between. This fucking blows.

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Everton

Yeah, this is pretty lame.  They couldn't do the domestic league a favor and call players whose European seasons are over?  

Edit:  it looks like our players and 2 from Columbus are the only domestic players selected.  Great.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

Bleh... That sucks.

Extremely thin at CB now.  Can't even go with the 3-3-3-1.

---------BWP------

Royer Kaku Valot

----Davis--Rza

Taxi Long Collin Lade

odsum25

odsum25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
I mean, Parker deserves a call up at this point, but the timing is definitely bad.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

Im guessing the other feds chose the dates. Remember, this year we are the warm up team.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,658 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

maybe we'll get a look at Casseres in the US Open Cup game.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

Looking at it more, I wonder what we're going to do for these games.  With Escobar and Parker gone, we only have 2 CB's worth trusting at all on the field.  

Ndam is on loan. Same with Politz.  I don't even think Redding is a real option because he hasn't been playing with the 2's and he's not playing with us.  Plus he just sucks.  Maybe move Taxi over to CB because I'd rather have him there instead of Redding.  Then Lade and Kutler play.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,658 posts

can't we recall Ndam for the next few weeks? i remember he was in the gameday 18 for the 1st team a few weeks ago so he can't be that far down the pecking order. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

can't we recall Ndam for the next few weeks? i remember he was in the gameday 18 for the 1st team a few weeks ago so he can't be that far down the pecking order. 

Ahh, true.  Was thinking for some reason it was tougher to recall but you're right.  Ndam very likely going to get minutes here.  Would much rather him than Redding.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,658 posts

also not sure what Collin's injury situation is, but with older legs + history of injuries, i wouldn't be surprised if we see Ndam and Long @ Foxboro, and then Collin/Long at home vs Blue team.  Maybe even leave BWP on the bench @ Foxboro (with DE7 or Rivas as the lone forward).

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

Good bonus for us is that New England plays Wednesday.  Against Atlanta no less.  Between their last Saturday game, the Weds game, and then against us on Saturday, hopefully they'll be a little tired.

SoapyDish

SoapyDish

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal

I know its not ideal at all, but hasn't Lade played CB before? Plus he was one in College iirc. They could throw Muyl at RB in that case, but damn is that is such a trade off from Murillo - Parker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users