FuzzBall

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Interests:Football, Fútbol, Fußball, De voetbal, Futebol, フットボール
  • Supports:LA G's, Chelsea F.C.

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:19 PM

Click where it says SUCKER PUNCH in his link to see the footage.

it's not up anymore. espn made youtube take it down.

blount just got caught up in the heat of the moment. you can see on the video that the head coach from boise st pulled the boise st player after he touches blount and that is where he gets punched.

#62 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USMNT, Cruz Azul, USC

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:27 PM

blount just got caught up in the heat of the moment. you can see on the video that the head coach from boise st pulled the boise st player after he touches blount and that is where he gets punched.

no excuses, it is a bitch move to ever hit anyone that is being held or moved my anyone else. if his teammates have any self respect they will call him out on this.

furthermore, i consider it an equally big bitch move to punch a guy not wearing a helmet while yours is on. i am not a saint, but if a guy had his helmet off and wanted to scrap, i would take mine off or i would walk away. to fight i guy (without a helmet) while yours is on, well that is like a man challenging a boy to fight . . . it just isn't right.

#63 FuzzBall

FuzzBall

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:47 PM

no excuses, it is a bitch move to ever hit anyone that is being held or moved my anyone else. if his teammates have any self respect they will call him out on this.

furthermore, i consider it an equally big bitch move to punch a guy not wearing a helmet while yours is on. i am not a saint, but if a guy had his helmet off and wanted to scrap, i would take mine off or i would walk away. to fight i guy (without a helmet) while yours is on, well that is like a man challenging a boy to fight . . . it just isn't right.

i agree with you. i guess that handshake at the beginning of the game when out the window. i would kick blount off the team for this.

i still think carmelo anthony's sucker punch was more of a bitch move than this one.

#64 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy Arsenal

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:20 PM

Who was that U$C player in a Ducks uniform trying to pull his best Muhammad Ali?

#65 flava

flava

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:09 PM

Really wish we could embed videos...

Blount joshing around

watch it while its hot!!!!

#66 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:47 PM

Who was that U$C player in a Ducks uniform trying to pull his best Muhammad Ali?

we have too much class for that . . . considering what a sleeze back coach rick is, seems like it would have been more likely a UCLA players

#67 FuzzBall

FuzzBall

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:13 PM

Oregon RB Blount suspended for the year.

sound s right. too bad it's his senior year.

#68 impatient_ingrate

impatient_ingrate

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, U.S.A.

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:42 PM

Posted Image

Hout should be suspended at least a game for instigating the situation. But no way are Boise State or the WAC going to do anything to remotely endanger their chance at a BCS bid.

#69 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Supports:USMNT

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:16 PM

he deserved the punishment. on top of the punch, he's been in trouble before, so the suspension is justified.

can't wait for the UCLA home opener tomorrow. talks all week whether they would move the game because of the fires, but it looks like they will keep it as scheduled. should be lots of fun tailgating.
Twitter

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, Galaxy, LA Kings, ASU, Notre Dame(football)

#70 LostmyVoicein137

LostmyVoicein137

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, UCLA Bruins

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:20 AM

can't wait for the UCLA home opener tomorrow. talks all week whether they would move the game because of the fires, but it looks like they will keep it as scheduled. should be lots of fun tailgating.

+1

I think it will be "closer then the experts think". Looks like we have the same style team as the last few years, strong on the D side and need to figure it out on the O side. The home schedule is favorable playing Cal and Oregon at home.

Speaking of Oregon, we have a new hire the was a lineman a few years ago. Might be a long one for him. :cheers:

#71 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • Interests:The Beautiful Game & Ugly Tales
  • Supports:GALAXY!

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:13 AM

+1

Looks like we have the same style team as the last few years, strong on the D side and need to figure it out on the O side. :cheers:

I'm worried about our D without without Coach Walker. But, personnel-wise our strength is still on defense. Coach Chow says Prince "has it, but it's gonna take time." Which means "not this year.". I still think we qualify for a bowl game after BEATING 'SC. The home opener should be Rad. Next to the Riot Squad, there's nothing like being amongst 50,000 Bruin fans.
"That's life." -Bruce Arena

"There's no easy games in The MLS." -Robbie Keane

See You Later, My Friend!

#72 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:12 AM

I'm worried about our D without without Coach Walker. But, personnel-wise our strength is still on defense. Coach Chow says Prince "has it, but it's gonna take time." Which means "not this year.". I still think we qualify for a bowl game after BEATING 'SC. The home opener should be Rad. Next to the Riot Squad, there's nothing like being amongst 50,000 Bruin fans.

JAJAJAJAJAJAJA

1) beating SC? yeah right . . . short of injuries that cost USC their entire first team offense and defense, ain't no way this is happening
2) bowl game qualification? meh. you will be lucky to be bowl eligible, and considering how shitty your school travels . . . don't look for bowls trying to book your school
3) are there even 50k UCLA football fans in LA?

with walker no longer on the coaching staff, the only good thing UCLA had is now gone. i openly admit that i am not a big follower of UCLA football, but i didn't realize he departed until reading this post. i am a little surprised this didn't make a bigger splash in the papers.

bruin fans you better enjoy your 'gimmie' games, as this is going to be a long season. AGAIN

btw, the only way UCLA might get 50k people at its opener is due to the fact that san diego state doesn't travel well. everyone knows that UCLA fans will sell their tickets if the opportunity presents itself. but, i still don't see it happening because SDSU's team isn't that hot this year.

I think it will be "closer then the experts think". Looks like we have the same style team as the last few years, strong on the D side and need to figure it out on the O side.

closer than the experts think? dude you realize you are opening up against a shitty san diego state team, right?

man it will be nice when the bruin fans quit posting in this forum . . . you guys need to stick to basketball. (most) bruin fans talking football is like me talking college basketball. i don't doubt your love for the school, but please do the community a favor and do your homework first.

;)

#73 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:31 AM

my guess is . . . had he not gone after the fans, he wouldn't have gotten this type of punishment. IMO if he has the ability to red shirt this year, he should transfer to a DIAA (or whatever they call it now) school.

oregon --

this is what happens when you recruit scum. oregon has (for years) recruited the athletes that USC turn down (due to non athletic reasons). meaning, oregon has many talented players . . . but they also recruit many head cases. I am pretty sure this player was a bellotti recruit, and i am 100% sure had bellotti still been the coach we wouldn't have seen a one year suspension.

#74 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • Interests:The Beautiful Game & Ugly Tales
  • Supports:GALAXY!

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:55 PM

man it will be nice when the bruin fans quit posting in this forum . . . you guys need to stick to basketball. (most) bruin fans talking football is like me talking college basketball. i don't doubt your love for the school, but please do the community a favor and do your homework first.

;)

Tell Shareece Wright to do his homework.

Go Bruins!
Bruins Beat #1 Maryland last night!!

P.S. UCLA averages 72,000 home attendance.

U! C! L! A! It's a Great Day to be a Bruin.
"That's life." -Bruce Arena

"There's no easy games in The MLS." -Robbie Keane

See You Later, My Friend!

#75 FuzzBall

FuzzBall

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:18 PM