• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Supports:Creepers In Cardigans Soccer Club

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:05 PM

Gold Cup Roster:

GOALKEEPERS-Tim Howard, Nick Rimando, Marcus Hahnemann

DEFENDERS- Jonathan Spector, Carlos Bocanegra, Steve Cherundolo, Oguchi Onyewu, Eric Lichaj, Tim Ream, Jonathan Bornstein, Clarence Goodson,

MIDFIELDERS- Michael Bradley, Maurice Edu, Clint Dempsey, Landon Donovan, Sacha Kljestan, Robbie Rogers, Freddy Adu, Benny Feilhaber, Jermaine Jones

FORWARDS- Juan Agudelo, Chris Wondolowski, Jozy Altidore

Freddy fucking Adu? Really?

No Chandler?

Good ol' Bob strikes again...

If you're not creepin', you're not trying...

#2 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:18 PM

Good ol' Bob strikes again...

Posted Image
That San Jose away day isn't looking so bad all of a sudden
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#3 Lsanchez06

Lsanchez06

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, LA Galaxy, and Chelsea FC

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:21 PM

Freddy "computer superstar" Adu and Robbie Rogers? really!?!?!

No Edson Buddle, no Herc, no Chandler!?!?!?

also, as much as i love Bocanegra do we really need him as captain anymore? We all know who deserves it.

Fuck Bob Bradley

#4 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:23 PM

Just noticed that Bedoya was omitted as well...

He's having a way better season than both Robbie "looney" Rogers and Sacha...

It's assasination time...

#5 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • Interests:The Beautiful Game & Ugly Tales
  • Supports:GALAXY!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:43 PM

I'm surprised that BB is giving Wondo a 2nd chance. I'm not surprised he's giving Jozy a 13th chance.

How much playing time did Jr. get at Villa?

Adu???????

LD has to play forward. But, then who starts on the wing besides Clint? Robbie?

My mind is having trouble processing it at the moment.
"That's life." -Bruce Arena

"There's no easy games in The MLS." -Robbie Keane

See You Later, My Friend!

#6 Moemar

Moemar

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:47 PM

Word is that Chandler needed rest after the season.

I'm not too concerned about Klejstan/Rogers/Adu, because they shouldn't (in theory) get much playing time with the other midfielders we have on the roster. Unfortunately, it seems quite possible that Bornstein will get playing time but to be honest, we don't have too many other options at that position. Not too happy about Wondo either, but I think Bob's more likely to use his super-secret tactic of pushing Dempsey up top when he needs a forward.

#7 Foose

Foose

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:51 PM

Just noticed that Bedoya was omitted as well...

He's having a way better season than both Robbie "looney" Rogers and Sacha...

It's assasination time...

Regarding Bedoya, you have to think that it's the middle of the Swedish season and he is playing really well at the moment. Perhaps, he's banking on a move to the mainland this summer and would rather ride out his wave of good form instead of potentially sitting on the bench during the Gold Cup.

Adu, I'm ok with. I like the kid and think he could still become a full player, though Rizespor got beat pretty bad in their promotion playoff today.

But Rogers, really?

#8 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:51 PM

Word is that Chandler needed rest after the season.

I'm not too concerned about Klejstan/Rogers/Adu, because they shouldn't (in theory) get much playing time with the other midfielders we have on the roster. Unfortunately, it seems quite possible that Bornstein will get playing time but to be honest, we don't have too many other options at that position. Not too happy about Wondo either, but I think Bob's more likely to use his super-secret tactic of pushing Dempsey up top when he needs a forward.

Adu has had a good season with the Turkish side as well. He's a late game sub that provides a huge amount of potential creativity and unpredictability. He makes total sense as an inclusion for this reason alone.

Klejstan as well has been playing well for Anderlecht who was in Champions League. Might be one last chance for him.

I'm more worried about the back line because Gooch and Bocanegra do not belong here.

#9 Mr Chewbacca

Mr Chewbacca

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:10 PM

Full list here: http://www.ussoccer....3-Gold-Cup.aspx

I'll miss Landon on the callup but that is no surprise. Nick Rimando being gone from RSL certainly helps us. Some of the picks though are crazy. At this point I can only assume that Freddy Adu has incriminating photos of Bob Bradley to make this roster.

#10 ESCO

ESCO

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts
  • Supports:LAG | LFC

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:15 PM

What happened to Herculez Gomez and Francisco Torres?

Sucks about Stuart Holden, we really could've used him.

#11 FACER33

FACER33

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Supports:Carousing, gaLAxy,LA SELECTA,USA

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:20 PM

ream over omar? At least we will have him in the line up still.
The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence

#12 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:28 PM

I can kinda understand leaving Edson and Herc off, as much as that bums me out that they aren't there. They'll be 33 and 32 at the World Cup, respectively. If you are going to bring 3 true forwards (with Clint and Landon capable of playing there as well), who are your three with this in mind?

The Jozy thing is what it is, I don't like that he's still Bob's guy but he's young and conceivably still a part of the long term plan. Agudelo of course belongs there. Then it's Wondo or maybe Bunbury? Kinda surprised Bunbury was left off.

Rogers makes no sense at all, but if Holden was healthy he'd have that spot anyways, you have to think. By all accounts Sacha has been playing well in Belgium, and I don't mind Freddy being back, though I think Bedoya deserves a spot.

No Chandler or Omar really concerns me. It's debatable if Gooch, Boca, et al are better prepared to hold that line down *right now* much less the obvious "no" in 2014. You might say "Well Bradley is going with experience because he wants to win this tournament and worry about shaping the 2014 team afterwards" but then you'd have to explain leaving Edson and Herc off for Wando, as well as Ream getting the call.

I'm not surprised Torres isn't on the roster, but it's another thing to be upset about.

As is with all things Bradley, it makes no damn sense at all and is MAYBE good enough to win, provided they all play above his idiocy.

I am very afraid that I am going to witness a loss to Mexico in the Rose Bowl.

#13 GUNSLINGER

GUNSLINGER

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy. Club America. Inter

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:35 PM

no omar, AJ or franklin? how do you seriously skip out on the kids that make up the best back line in the MLS??? :blink:

no matter how much lando, agudelo or howard do to keep us in it, all it takes is the eventual implosion of bornstein and/or Klejstan to ruin it all.

no buddle? agudelo up top by himself? because you already know jozy is going to be slouching.

GUNSLINGER FOR USMNT coach 2012!!!

#14 galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, NCAA football (GO, BLUE), Asian Culture. Korean dramas, movies, music, politics.
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USA, Colombia

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:48 PM

Interesting roster :o

More stunned by Bornstein & Kljestan...but Adu is an interesting choice :ph34r:

L.A. Galaxy - 4-Time & Back-to-Back MLS Cup Champions!!

Brady Hoke - returning U-M to glory...Go, Blue!

USA Soccer - Don't Tread On Us!

Colombia - returning to the World Cup after 16-year hiatus!

#15 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:57 PM

I totally overlooked that Wondo was on the roster.... has Bob watched much of the MLS this season?

These so called resurgence of Freddy Adu in the Turkish 2nd division is laughable... I'm not buying into it. If I'm proven wrong... well then so be it...

Same thing with Sacha... Bob doesn't play him where he plays for his club team and he has stunk it up everytime he has faced decent competition at the national level... also, 2 goals and 2 assists in 25 appearances isn't exactly "tearing" it up...

Robbie Rogers inclusion is just straight out baffling. Especially when he called in only three forwards. Bunbury, Buddle, or even Herc would have been a better choice...

I maintain that Bob has lost it....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users