173 replies to this topic

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Where?  I paid the usual $15 in Lot C.   Life Hack; if you use the LAZ parking app  they don't always know its a game day and only charge $9

Until Saturday, it had been $10 at the parking deck by the path station since RBA opened. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,897 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Until Saturday, it had been $10 at the parking deck by the path station since RBA opened. 

Nah- that changed to 15 mid way last year... at least, at all the lots.  I avoid the deck.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,120 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Further life hack: if you're willing and able, you can park essentially for free at Iberia parking lot. It's $10, and they (used to?) give you a $10 credit to use at their bar.  It's a bit of a hike to walk from there. You can also probably mix and match - i.e. drive and park at Iberia, then walk a block to the Newark PATH, and then take the yellow school bus to the stadium.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,159 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

LAZ parking app ... only charge $9

Nice!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts

Further life hack: if you're willing and able, you can park essentially for free at Iberia parking lot. It's $10, and they (used to?) give you a $10 credit to use at their bar.  It's a bit of a hike to walk from there. You can also probably mix and match - i.e. drive and park at Iberia, then walk a block to the Newark PATH, and then take the yellow school bus to the stadium.

this

such a better experience to park and walk ~ 20 min.  Get a nice walk in and by the time you get to your car you can leave without any traffic.  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,897 posts

this

such a better experience to park and walk ~ 20 min.  Get a nice walk in and by the time you get to your car you can leave without any traffic.  

MY personal choice when I have time for an Iberia meal and sangria, and the weather cooperates.   Unfortunately, that's maybe 3 times a season.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

Some very vague teasing at stadium changes in this article:  https://sbisoccer.co...endance-numbers

Now as we refresh … we have to rethink the environment. Fans’ demands have evolved. We have to look at more open space concept areas where we can create communal areas where fans can congregate and watch the game together, which we don’t have many of in the building right now.

“We’re going to work with a design firm to look at those areas and also work with our fans and get feedback from our fans throughout the season as to what they want to see in the building, what they would want to see changed, and then we’ll refresh the building.”

The plan de Grandpre has laid out and that the club is working on is going to take “multiple years”. The Red Bulls could have opted to make the changes during a shorter window, but chose not to because they did not want to start a season by being on the road for 3-6 months.

“We’re going to do it in chunks over a period of time, just to provide a better experience for our fans,” said de Grandpre. “Ultimately, this is to provide a better experience for our fans.”

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,159 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

vague teasing at stadium changes in this article 

Tear down the upper deck?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

If you look over the last four years, weve averaged 20,000 and weve been building our base attendance and our season-ticket base every year, de Grandpre added"

No way in hell is that true

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,120 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

i can actually buy that STH has been increasing over the years, but don't think that has translated over to the casual fans as well

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

i can actually buy that STH has been increasing over the years, but don't think that has translated over to the casual fans as well

Yeah I can maybe buy that but I should have been more clear and said that there is no way in hell that we average 20k a game. If we actually averaged that many people there would be no reason to close so many sections this year and do whatever these "upgrades" are.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

No way in hell is that true

The balls on that guy, to just brazenly lie like that. Impressive.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,897 posts

Tear down the upper deck?

- Make the southward one level, all the way up, Kop style

- Make the upper level west corners open bar / sports book / hospitality areas

- Add cupholders to all east side lower bowl seats

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,842 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

remove the seats from 133/101/102.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Largest Outdoor Bar in North America 2.0

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users