57 replies to this topic

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Nick Rimando being in the team is worth noting. 

puhe

puhe

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Supports:metro

honestly, can't fault the decision not to call sacha up

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

My guess is that Arena goes with a 4-4-2, with Wood and Altidore up top.    Pulisic will start at CAM, with Dempsey backing him up.  If Arena planned on playing Pulisic out wide, than Sacha or Benny would be on this team.  We'll see how Bradley does as the lone defensive midfielder.

At fullback, Yedlin and Lichaj are hurt and Chandler is out for the Honduras game, so Arena didn't call him in just for one game.  Cameron might start at RB.  At LB, maybe Villafana.  Ream can play there as well.  Fabian Johnson can play there, although Arena has apparently said he wants to use him in the midfield.  Not sure that we even need Beasley on this roster, though.

Wood            Altidore

Pulisic

Johnson                                   Bedoya

Bradley

Villafana/Ream   Gonzalez   Brooks   Cameron

Howard

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Sacha is in bad form. Would have liked to see a CAM on the roster though.

This. Blame it on the formation or whatever but Sasha isn't having much of an impact for us thus far. For everyone riding Davis' jock maybe we should start looking to our captain who, by his own high standards, has come out of the gates flat.

The USMNT needs to win games now and they need wins badly. Arena can't take a chance and just assume it's a formation change that's affecting Kljestan. He has to go with the guys he's convinced will get him a win right now today.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

Unnoticed but Tim Ream is back. Might even start at left back over Beasley and Villafana.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

it's pitiful how bad the USMNT situation is at outside back.

Yeah, I'm confused. I thought Garza looked good in his two games for Atlanta and you can't really make the argument that Arena was going with Euro based players over MLS players with this squad.... 

So many geezers still on this roster. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Sacha is in bad form. Would have liked to see a CAM on the roster though.

agree.  Arena must really think Sacha is not in good form as he has been a long term fan of Sacha.  Sacha although not the most mobile is also someone who seems to play better with higher level players around him.  (yes I know not lately and not in the playoffs)

Dempsey's return sealed the deal as Duece has been such a long term nat player, team leader and baller.

Reading that CM will be Leget, Pulisic Nagbe or even Acosta.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Unnoticed but Tim Ream is back. Might even start at left back over Beasley and Villafana.

Ream's been playing CB for Fulham all season. 

Will be interesting to see who gets the start at left back; the geezer, the guy who can't get a start at Santos, or the centerback....  

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Seems like he is going to play a stay at home LB

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Ream's been playing CB for Fulham all season. 

Will be interesting to see who gets the start at left back; the geezer, the guy who can't get a start at Santos, or the centerback....  

lol - I guess the winger (Fabian Johnson) is no longer in question as Bruce thinks he should be played in his best postion. Go figure.  

I think Beasley gets the call.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

My guess is that Arena goes with a 4-4-2, with Wood and Altidore up top.    Pulisic will start at CAM, with Dempsey backing him up.  If Arena planned on playing Pulisic out wide, than Sacha or Benny would be on this team.  We'll see how Bradley does as the lone defensive midfielder.

At fullback, Yedlin and Lichaj are hurt and Chandler is out for the Honduras game, so Arena didn't call him in just for one game.  Cameron might start at RB.  At LB, maybe Villafana.  Ream can play there as well.  Fabian Johnson can play there, although Arena has apparently said he wants to use him in the midfield.  Not sure that we even need Beasley on this roster, though.

Wood            Altidore
                                 Pulisic
        Johnson                                   Bedoya
                                Bradley
Villafana/Ream   Gonzalez   Brooks   Cameron

Howard

Pulisic hasn't played CAM for his club and did not look good when Jurgen played him there.

CP looked his best when he played with Sacha.

So much for Arena wanting better passers in CM.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Nick Rimando being in the team is worth noting. 

True. We have a game vs RSL on the 25th. Scaha will be playing and Rimando won't.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

True. We have a game vs RSL on the 25th. Scaha will be playing and Rimando won't.

Great news.  Such a fan of Rimando.

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Sacha of last summer is not the Sacha since the fall. His form dropped off precipitously.  Either way I am a bit shocked that both Feilheiber and Kleijstan were omitted. 

I really think we may see a M.Bradley/Acosta central midfield with Pulisic and Johnson on the wings. Lets see. 

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

Fabian Johnson pulled his hamstring today. May be out for USA v Honduras.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users