#1 JbzTV

JbzTV

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, LFC

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:01 AM

It occurred to me that maybe stealing chants/cheers/ect from other sports would be a decent way to get more of the stadium involved and be different than other SG's. If you did a UCLA type 8-clap, would more people know it/join in than "we love ya?" Not saying it would, honestly asking. From what I see around me in 102, people will join in easy stuff that's fun to do (on a fun night...when it's dead, nobody's doing anything.) Stuff like the cross stadium chant, LA Galaxy clap clap, clap clap clap clap, etc. I think trying to find stuff people inherently know might be good, and it'd also be a way to do different stuff than every other SG.

Anyways, here's my idea. Probably can't get it fully on it's legs for Sunday, but maybe something for next year...

:13 or so seconds in. Replace the kickoff with a G's free kick, or corner, or both. Replace the pom-poms with scarves. On the kick of the ball, replace the "Tide roll" with something else. Maybe even just the "OOHHH" grunt a South American crowd makes on a long shot that just misses or something like that. Get ACB to do it also, and you'd have some real noise and people joining in.

Could be cool, and something people would probably join in on once you got it on it's feet. Line up the corner....Hoooooooooo...scarves spinning .....HOOOHHH....ball hits net, pandemonium. Anyways, just an idea...i've been drinking.

#2 Chalky

Chalky

Dir. of Football Operations

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:28 PM

from Hockey

Fuck 'em up
Fuck 'em up
Houston sucks