9 replies to this topic

MANIMAL

MANIMAL

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Supports:Sig Block FC for the win!
Monchi, the Mens Warehouse of Euro talent gurus, formerly of Sevilla, now, Jim Pallota's Roma, is sniffing around north jersey.
http://www.calciomer...-de-rossi-87553

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

B team then loaned out to another club? Like Miazga.  Rather keep him here for another year or so.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

They played Bradley on the A team, and Adams is better

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos

They played Bradley on the A team, and Adams is better

And DeRossi will retire sooner than later

betoAYAK

betoAYAK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,385 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Colombia & Millonarios

Nice knowing Adams  :(

(NittanyMetros @ Mar 17 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems Philly fans have signed up on metrofanatic to vote for themselves (in 'What team do you hate more?') . No real fan of this team would vote anything other than DC.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

I can deal with losing him as long as he plays. I dont want him sitting on a bench for a great club but losing two years on the pitch. Michael Bradleys career in Europe started a lot better than it ended, but I liked that he played a lot at smaller clubs, rather than sitting at a large one (before Roma). If Tyler goes, I think itll be to a larger club, like Miazga, because a medium size club cant risk the $7-10M itll take to sign him on a prospect that might not work out.

Hopefully he can find a balance at a mid-sized club w ambition thatll give him a legit shot at a starting job, or at least loan him to a place where he can play regularly & develop.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
IMO Miazga was worth the $5 mil price tag. I think Adams has even more upside. Curious what people value him at.

Altidore got $10 mil right? IMO Adams will be better than him too.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

IMO Miazga was worth the $5 mil price tag. I think Adams has even more upside. Curious what people value him at.

Altidore got $10 mil right? IMO Adams will be better than him too.

If Jonathan Gonzalez moves before Adams (likely, I think), that's a good point of comparison.  Gonzalez has a prominent role on a better team in a better league, so take his sale price and cut it by about 25%, and I think you get Adams's sale price.  Gonzalez will go for something between $12-15 million, so Adams should be somewhere between $9-11 million.

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

If Jonathan Gonzalez moves before Adams (likely, I think), that's a good point of comparison.  Gonzalez has a prominent role on a better team in a better league, so take his sale price and cut it by about 25%, and I think you get Adams's sale price.  Gonzalez will go for something between $12-15 million, so Adams should be somewhere between $9-11 million.

I think this is the right way to look at it, but who knows how these Euro teams value players (there is a bit of racism as well). What I will say is that Adams in his last game of the season absolutely marked the shit out of MB90. MB90 was arguably the best 6 in the league, and despite his lackluster USMNT performance, was definitely a top 11 player. We saw that in the MLS Cup final where Bradley demolished Seattle. 

I got in a twitter battle the other day over Adams, with somebody calling him a modern version of Jermaine Jones. I think that is bullshit. There are superficial similarities here in that Adams is very athletic. What sets Adams apart (also in comparison to MB90's rookie Metro season where I watched almost every game), is that Adams is not only supremely athletic, but he actually has great skill (some of his passes this season were awesome) as well as a very refined understanding of the game. He is incredibly tactically disciplined and plays to his defined role. The dude is beyond intelligent on the field. Look at how he stepped into the wing role and adjusted and would cover and come back. It's fucking crazy how smart he is on the field.

PLUS, he's fearless. He is a gamer. There is no off-mode. He takes shit from no one. The dude is a monster, and I am curious to see how he ends up compared to Gonzalez and Mckennie. 

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Nothing wrong with a modern version of JJ. He was the best CM in the Bundesliga for one season at least.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users