242 replies to this topic

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Big rumors swirling of an Isles sale being announced this week.  If true, I'd be ecstatic.

#RedBullOut

bukie2k

bukie2k

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Supports:ManU, Cosmos, Metros

No offense Nittany, I said the same thing with Spano and again with Wang and regretted it both times.

Third time has gotta be the charm, right???

Come to think of it, the experience of being an Islander fan and enduring the last 15 years or so is probably why I can tolerate the flaming shit show that is Metro. One just follows the other year in and year out.

When you are born, you get a ticket to the freak show. If you are born in the United States, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
Anyone want to get a pool going on how long it will be until the Rangers buyout Richards?

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Anyone want to get a pool going on how long it will be until the Rangers buyout Richards?

Are you thinking the 9-year, $60 million contract that would take him to age 40 wasn't a good deal?  LOL

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Gotta think Richards will be bought out, as brassard, zuccarello and kreider are the RFAs that need to be resigned.  Hagelin will need to be resigned next year.  UFAs include Boyle, Pouliot, Moore and Stralman.  At the moment we have 54 million allocated to 13 players for next year (thats including Richards at the moment), leaving us with around 17 million in cap space according to capgeek.com.  The Isles have 43.3 million allocated to 18 players and the devls have 57 million allocated to 17 players for 2014-15.  

Thank god we have Mcdonagh signed for the next 5 years at 4.7 million a year.  

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Scott Hartnell traded for R.J. Umberger.  I think I will refer to this as the "Hamberger" trade.

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

Scott Hartnell traded for R.J. Umberger.  I think I will refer to this as the "Hamberger" trade.

Such a dumb trade from the Flyers perspective. I understand that Umberger has less years on his contract than Hartnell but Hartnell is such a better player than Umberger. It's not like they're saving cap space, either. The difference in AAV is $175,000.

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Dan boyle and Glass sign for the Rangers.  Not bad by the devils to get Cammalieri and Havlat. 

Why the hell didn't the isles make any splash at all?  Im not saying that they should have gone crazy and signed as many players as the Panthers but they pretty much did nothing.  

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Claude Giroux likes big butts and he cannot lie (alledgedly). He should claim he was just practicing for a position with the American TSA. 

Let's Go Buffalo!!!

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Claude Giroux likes big butts and he cannot lie (alledgedly). He should claim he was just practicing for a position with the American TSA. 

I think he's missing hartnell already haha

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts

NHL fucked everyone over by lowering cap by less than 1 million.   :)+

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Wang got cold feet?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=459215

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Will have tickets for some Devils and Isles games at face value for sale. Just have to go over the schedules to see which games I have to sell.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

BREAKING: Wang Sold!!!!

Isles sold to former Co-owner of the caps and investor Scott Malkin.  :cheers: Wang will have majority ownership of the isles for the next two years and  Ledckey/Malkin will transition to majority owners over that time period. 

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts

Scott Gomez

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users