207 replies to this topic

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
1st start for Nashville, has a goal disallowed for the slightest of pushes on a jumpball.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

1st start for Nashville, has a goal disallowed for the slightest of pushes on a jumpball.

Just saw the highlights from that game and that was a rough call, didn't look like there was much in that "push" at all.  The only thing I can think of is he had his arms extended.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

130 Myul with a behind the back pass into the 18 to spring Muktar who fires a shot that is saved by Robles

what a pass

https://matchcenter....ls/video/236930

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Oh, the days of a Muyl when we would actually score more than a goal a game. Compared to what we have now, Muyl looks like Tab Ramos...l

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

gets to play with Dax!

https://www.mlssocce...res-more-soccer

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
First assist, and a pretty good one. https://www.mlssocce...d=5530036774001

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

First assist, and a pretty good one. https://www.mlssocce...d=5530036774001

They've been doing really well since he became a starter, and will jump us in the standings with a win tonight.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

They've been doing really well since he became a starter, and will jump us in the standings with a win tonight.

Correlation doesn't equal causation necessarily, but he's been starting and they've been doing quite well, so good for Alex. Played at RBA tonight, maybe that helped him finally get on the stat sheet. :)

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Muyl was great for Nashville tonight in their win over Montreal.  Glad we traded him for basically nothing, except some international spots that seemed to turn in Tetteh and nothing else.  Muyl is better than Tetteh.  Looks like another case of giving away a useful player without bringing in anyone better.  

He joins Etienne and BWP as players who the team let go for basically nothing that are now contributors to teams ahead of Metro in the standings.  This team would be better if all three of them were still around but still some fans clamor for getting rid of players for the sake of getting rid of them. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Muyl was garbage as a soccer player. No touch, no soccer iq. We already have a version of him on our squad in Stroud. I guess they wanted to see if Stroud would develop into something that more closely resembles a soccer player. The jury is still out on that.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Muyl was great for Nashville tonight in their win over Montreal.  Glad we traded him for basically nothing, except some international spots that seemed to turn in Tetteh and nothing else.  Muyl is better than Tetteh.  Looks like another case of giving away a useful player without bringing in anyone better.  

He joins Etienne and BWP as players who the team let go for basically nothing that are now contributors to teams ahead of Metro in the standings.  This team would be better if all three of them were still around but still some fans clamor for getting rid of players for the sake of getting rid of them. 

The team would be better if BWP was still here.  But if Etienne or Muyl were still here, the team would be no better.  They're no better than Stroud, Clark and Valot.  We can argue about whether the team could have gotten more for them (was Etienne traded, or waived?), but their replacements have been as good or better.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

The team would be better if BWP was still here.  But if Etienne or Muyl were still here, the team would be no better.  They're no better than Stroud, Clark and Valot.  We can argue about whether the team could have gotten more for them (was Etienne traded, or waived?), but their replacements have been as good or better.

Don't totally disagree, but Valot has had real injury issues and Clark just popped up. I think Muyl is a good bench MLS player who really works. Not sure I understand the logic of shipping him off.  

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Muyl was garbage as a soccer player. No touch, no soccer iq. We already have a version of him on our squad in Stroud. I guess they wanted to see if Stroud would develop into something that more closely resembles a soccer player. The jury is still out on that.

"Soccer IQ" is one of those vaguely defined things, but I'd say that his assist last night showed high soccer iq.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

You must shit all over half the players in MLS.   He had no composure in front of goal, but other than that, he's solid pretty much across the board, by MLS standards.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

The only one whose soccer IQ I'd question is Hamlett's...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users