Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,848 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Mines wasn't at the game today cuz he made the subs bench in Columbus. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,347 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

saw that RB2 is playing at Montclair again. How is attendance there vs at RBA?

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,390 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

saw that RB2 is playing at Montclair again. How is attendance there vs at RBA?

RBA Average: 702
This past weekend at MSU: 1,150

Both dead last in the USL but up over 20% from last year.
2013 & 2015 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB

Just finished watching the Charlotte match;

Was impressed with Politz, CCJ, Moreno and White.

Still think Tinari is the best player and we still look a notch up overtime he's on the pitch.

We moved up to 5th in the east but only three points off 2nd. Three matches in a week coming up vs. Pittsburg (3), Bethlehem(8), and Ottawa(11).

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,390 posts
June 24th was just announced for a double header with our U23s playing a friendly against the New York Dutch Lions.

The New York Dutch Lions are essentially a retired Dutch all-star team. Their goalkeeper? Former Red Bull GK, Ronald Waterreus. Bryan Roy is also on the team.

Waterreus came out earlier in the year saying he faked an injury at Rangers to see if the fans would boo him when he came off the field. Could explain his exit with hypothermia...

@CurseofCaricola

robs0650

robs0650

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

Just finished watching the Charlotte match;

Was impressed with Politz, CCJ, Moreno and White.

Still think Tinari is the best player and we still look a notch up overtime he's on the pitch.

We moved up to 5th in the east but only three points off 2nd. Three matches in a week coming up vs. Pittsburg (3), Bethlehem(8), and Ottawa(11).

Looking at  current RB2 roster , I wonder how many will be moved to  main club next  year  I believe following have a lot of potential.

F-  White     M-  Mines, Stroud, Tinari, Casseres, Moreno    Def- Politz , Scarlett    G-     Louro

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,848 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Mines Casseres Politz and Louro are already 1st team contracted players.

I think White Moreno and Tinari got a legit shot. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,390 posts

Looking at  current RB2 roster , I wonder how many will be moved to  main club next  year  I believe following have a lot of potential.

F-  White     M-  Mines, Stroud, Tinari, Casseres, Moreno    Def- Politz , Scarlett    G-     Louro

HGPs for next year on the USL team: Murphy and Bailon. I'd expect Kyle Zajec on HGP from coming year's graduating class.

Ranking the professionals:
Excluding first team guys for now (Louro, Mines, Casseres, Bonomo, Ndam, Kutler, Redding, Politz, Etc...)
1: Andrew Tinari
2: Brian White
3: Jordan Scarlett
4: Amando Moreno
5: Jared Stroud
6: Lucas Stauffer or Niko de Vera
7: Chris Lema, Jose Aguinaga or Steven Echevarria.
8: Wahab Ackwei
9: Andrew Lombard
10: Tom Barlow
11: Scott Levene

Tinari would be with the first team if Bezecourt, Valot, Davis, Adams and Rza weren't able to do so well at defensive mid.

White should probably be a first team guy over Bonomo. Same could be said for Moreno. Keep in mind they called on White over Moreno as a bench option for USOC vs. NYCFC when Bonomo was recovering from the concussion.

Scarlett has been asked to be more vocal and has stepped up to the plate. Ndam has played well so Scarlett stays down for now but could easily call on him.

Jared Stroud is an assist machine. Not the best technical player but smart player who can feed the ball well.

Stauffer or de Vera fit the Lade profile and could end up with the first team if Lade ever leaves.

Lema has seemed to lock down the CM spot once Echevarria went down. So similar to Dan Metzger. High ceiling and reads the game well. Just been quiet. Aguinaga is more of the offensive threat in that spot. Echeverria was playing well in that spot before the injury. Disrupted and distributed well. Surprised Lema has kept the role.

Wahab Ackwei barely cracked the 18, but now that he has been given a shot, has a lot of Ndam qualities. Still think he is a couple years away from any MLS minutes.

Lombard would be one or two on this list, if not already in MLS over Kutler (or even Duncan) if he could just stay healthy. A sneeze sets this guy back months. Former USYNT member. If he can stay healthy and develop he can play in MLS (Andrew Farrell type player). I just don't know how much his body can take with injuries.

Tom Barlow doesn't look overly special and behind a bunch of guys up front.

Levene didnt look great in his preseason with the club but I liked him in his line game with the USL team so far. Furthest down with others in front of him and Matthew Frank eventually taking the USL backup spot.

@CurseofCaricola

robs0650

robs0650

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

HGPs for next year on the USL team: Murphy and Bailon. I'd expect Kyle Zajec on HGP from coming year's graduating class.

Ranking the professionals:
Excluding first team guys for now (Louro, Mines, Casseres, Bonomo, Ndam, Kutler, Redding, Politz, Etc...)
1: Andrew Tinari
2: Brian White
3: Jordan Scarlett
4: Amando Moreno
5: Jared Stroud
6: Lucas Stauffer or Niko de Vera
7: Chris Lema, Jose Aguinaga or Steven Echevarria.
8: Wahab Ackwei
9: Andrew Lombard
10: Tom Barlow
11: Scott Levene

Tinari would be with the first team if Bezecourt, Valot, Davis, Adams and Rza weren't able to do so well at defensive mid.

White should probably be a first team guy over Bonomo. Same could be said for Moreno. Keep in mind they called on White over Moreno as a bench option for USOC vs. NYCFC when Bonomo was recovering from the concussion.

Scarlett has been asked to be more vocal and has stepped up to the plate. Ndam has played well so Scarlett stays down for now but could easily call on him.

Jared Stroud is an assist machine. Not the best technical player but smart player who can feed the ball well.

Stauffer or de Vera fit the Lade profile and could end up with the first team if Lade ever leaves.

Lema has seemed to lock down the CM spot once Echevarria went down. So similar to Dan Metzger. High ceiling and reads the game well. Just been quiet. Aguinaga is more of the offensive threat in that spot. Echeverria was playing well in that spot before the injury. Disrupted and distributed well. Surprised Lema has kept the role.

Wahab Ackwei barely cracked the 18, but now that he has been given a shot, has a lot of Ndam qualities. Still think he is a couple years away from any MLS minutes.

Lombard would be one or two on this list, if not already in MLS over Kutler (or even Duncan) if he could just stay healthy. A sneeze sets this guy back months. Former USYNT member. If he can stay healthy and develop he can play in MLS (Andrew Farrell type player). I just don't know how much his body can take with injuries.

Tom Barlow doesn't look overly special and behind a bunch of guys up front.

Levene didnt look great in his preseason with the club but I liked him in his line game with the USL team so far. Furthest down with others in front of him and Matthew Frank eventually taking the USL backup spot.

I pretty much agree with your ranking  , haven;t seen enough of Stauffer to comment , i think Barlow may be a surprise but again he has not got a lot of minutes with white & Bonomo ahead of him . I really like Tinari as the best of the group.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,390 posts
3-0 loss in Pittsburgh. Levene started in goal with Sam Ilin as the backup keeper. Haven't watched yet, but a friend that is a Pittsburgh fan posted on Facebook it was a complete domination.

@CurseofCaricola

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

So did that dude Parkes ever really get punished for kicking Ouimette? Looks like he played professionally the next month and obviously started last night.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts
  • Supports:Metro

So did that dude Parkes ever really get punished for kicking Ouimette? Looks like he played professionally the next month and obviously started last night.

He was banned from USL for a year and also got a worldwide FIFA ban for like 5 months.  He went back to his former club in El Salvador and didn't play until his worldwide ban expired. Was there for a year, and then came back to Pittsburgh.

So pretty much no.  He spent 5 months training in El Salvador, played a season down there, and then came back.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

robs0650

robs0650

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Went to game today -Final 2-2 . RB2 looked good -up 2-0 with 3 minutes in reg  Gave up a goal at 88 min , , 3 minutes extra time added , it seemed the Ref did not want the game to end  ,Beth-Steel then scored again at 94 min . This was one of the worst officiated games i have seen. 

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts
  • Supports:Metro

A vintage RB 2016 performance. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users