57 replies to this topic

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Fidel Escobar has been rumored to be coming here.

Found this:
https://www.mlssocce...s/fidel-escobar
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

Looks like he is indeed the guy.  Started 3 of their 4 Gold Cup matches and 4 of their 6 matches in the Hex.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Yep, looks like it's this Escobar kid.  Centerback from Panama.   Not the one we were guessing.  22 years old.  Maybe Panama is our new Cameroon.

https://www.tvn-2.co...4807019315.html

Initial fear is that he was listed at 5'11 and I'm a big believer you have to have decent size to succeed in this league at CB. There are always exceptions, but generally speaking I believe that to be the case.   That said, he looks pretty good on video. He looks bigger than the 5'11 he's listed at but the bigger thing is that he has a physical presence and he's aggressive.  Has the qualities you want.  I don't know that he's going to make a big impact right away though.  He's young, there's going to be a big learning curve ala Murillo to learn the language and get acclimated to the system, the team and everything.  

Either way, if we are going to go with this 3 man back line, he's going to have opportunities.  Hopefully he makes it work.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Yep, looks like it's this Escobar kid.  Centerback from Panama.   Not the one we were guessing.  22 years old.  Maybe Panama is our new Cameroon.

Initial fear is that he was listed at 5'11 and I'm a big believer you have to have decent size to succeed in this league at CB. There are always exceptions, but generally speaking I believe that to be the case.   That said, he looks pretty good on video. He looks bigger than the 5'11 he's listed at but the bigger thing is that he has a physical presence and he's aggressive.  Has the qualities you want.  I don't know that he's going to make a big impact right away though.  He's young, there's going to be a big learning curve ala Murillo to learn the language and get acclimated to the system, the team and everything.  

Either way, if we are going to go with this 3 man back line, he's going to have opportunities.  Hopefully he makes it work.

Even great players haven't always made an immediate impact. That said, he has been playing against good competition in these tourneys and he has a teammate in Murillo who can really help in his acclimation. His age also means we can get a return if he develops by having him hopefully around for awhile.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,584 posts

Conor Lade say height is no obstacle for CB play ;-)

Dude started 4 of last 6 in hex and 2/3 for Glod Cup.  Sounds legit. 

Very helpful to have a fellow countrymen and teammate who can help.  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT
Bio says his club team is Sporting Lisbon. Not sure if he sees the field for them, but it's still a quantum leap above the Panamanian league.

Metro Red

Metro Red

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Liverpool

Bio says his club team is Sporting Lisbon. Not sure if he sees the field for them, but it's still a quantum leap above the Panamanian league.

Looks like he was with Sporting B on loan, I saw that on his Transfermarkt page at least

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Wikipedia and Soccerway have him listed as 5'9".  Where is he listed as 5'11"?  I hope to god he is at least 5'11".

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Fabio Cannavaro looked like a typically short Italian dude who attended my HS. Height is relatively important. But I always remembered a guy like Holgersson or Taylor Graham who even though tall, played the position like they were shrimpy 5 foot nothings more often than not...

I'd like to see Escobar get a game or two with RB2, get him up to speed, just like how they did with Murillo. 

Would be so cool for the backline to look like this at full strengh:

--Taxi---------Long--------Collin-------Escobar--------Murillo

Maybe things ARE really looking up?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Fabio Cannavaro looked like a typically short Italian dude who attended my HS. Height is relatively important. But I always remembered a guy like Holgersson or Taylor Graham who even though tall, played the position like they were shrimpy 5 foot nothings more often than not...

Don't you badmouth vice captain S. Markus Holgersson!

He grew on me, that's all.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Felipe Escobar!

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro
😐

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Murillo doing our recruiting for us? 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Hope he can contribute right away, and if he can't, I bet he'd be a beast in the USL.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Hulk ended up being rock solid. In the sense he was immobile as hell, but he ended up being really good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users