107 replies to this topic

pushthepace

pushthepace

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

There are no seats left, only wheelchair access. They're all up on secondary market for over $99. If anyone got two extras they are looking to sell please PM me. 

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

General public sale started at 10 AM this morning. Posted the Ticketmaster link below, but it appears to be sold out. 

https://www1.ticketm...000556B326A53FF

The club says they are sold out for the game and only put up 200-300 seats for sale this morning.

However if you go on the resell sites, there are very few tickets there. I'd say there are less than 300 seats on third party sites, all set at ridiculous prices.

So that leaves around 24,500 tickets unaccounted for.

If what the club is saying is true, then STH's who had early access bought every available seat in the stadium and are not listing their tickets since they all plan on going. Yet that seems unlikely since the Atlanta game is nowhere close to selling out and RBA never has sellouts, even in big rivalry games and playoff games on weekend nights.

My guess is more seats than usual went to MLS corporate partners (since we are in NYC area and the game is never hosted here), media outlets, and probably another thousand to road fans. Also a big chunk went to the STH's who were allowed to buy extras.

But I think the club is lying when they say every seat has been scooped up. I'm guessing they are sitting on thousands and thousands of unsold seats and will release them in increments over the next few weeks to help build hype and demand. Or for some other means. But no way should there only have been 200-300 on sale to the general public today. Absolute fails the BS test.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

Looks like the only seats that went on sale to public were the very last row of the upper deck corner. That's what it was showing the second it hit 10am this morning.

So MLS and the STH's have the other 25,000 tickets in their possession?

That would make sense. I think we have about 7 thousand season ticket holders. 99% probably claimed to buy MLS Cup Tickets. Most maybe 75% of those season ticket holders bought two additional tickets. So that's an additional 10,500 tickets ((2*7,000)*.75) sold as additional tickets to season ticket holders. That brings you to 17,500 tickets distributed. Then You have to account for another 1,500 allocated to away supporters. That brings you to 19,000. So if the capacity is 25,600 then you have 6,600 tickets remaining. Say MLS saves half of that allocation for their corporate sponsors and television partners. That brings you to about 3,300 seats for general sale. This is absolutely about the amount that went on sale this morning. 

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

That would make sense. I think we have about 7 thousand season ticket holders. 99% probably claimed to buy MLS Cup Tickets. Most maybe 75% of those season ticket holders bought two additional tickets. So that's an additional 10,500 tickets ((2*7,000)*.75) sold as additional tickets to season ticket holders. That brings you to 17,500 tickets distributed. Then You have to account for another 1,500 allocated to away supporters. That brings you to 19,000. So if the capacity is 25,600 then you have 6,600 tickets remaining. Say MLS saves half of that allocation for their corporate sponsors and television partners. That brings you to about 3,300 seats for general sale. This is absolutely about the amount that went on sale this morning. 

The last rows or two in the upper deck corners and behind the goals, which were the only tickets on sale this morning, do not account for 3,000 seats inside the stadium.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

If what the club is saying is true, then STH's who had early access bought every available seat in the stadium and are not listing their tickets since they all plan on going. Yet that seems unlikely since the Atlanta game is nowhere close to selling out and RBA never has sellouts, even in big rivalry games and playoff games on weekend nights..

None of the examples you gave are even close to the level of MLS Cup.  And, the ATL game is not MLS Cup and it's on a Thursday night.  

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
That presale code wasn't just for season ticket holders even though they said it was. It was posted in numerous different places and anyone could just enter it and use it so yeah I honestly do think most of the tickets are gone already.

Just hoping we won't need refunds.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

That presale code wasn't just for season ticket holders even though they said it was. It was posted in numerous different places and anyone could just enter it and use it so yeah I honestly do think most of the tickets are gone already.

Just hoping we won't need refunds.

I remember getting all psyched in 2015 after I bought tickets in the pre-sale. Not getting my hopes up in the slightest this time. Its called MDM, or Metro Defense Mechanism. I applied it last week when I was sure wed fail to get through. Rather be pleasantly surprised than crushed (though I always feel crushed to some extent, even when I expect us to lose).

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

The credit card charge for the extra tickets I bought showed up on my statement as "TM *METROSTARS." 

Right Back

Right Back

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Interests:RedBullOut
  • Supports:Metro, RedBullOut
Jesus I couldn't find anything on the website, damn

#RedBullOut

Rats get fat, good men die.

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

$55 is a steal. And I don't even have to fly anywhere to go.

Definitely not looking forward to the refund. 

Also, do I sit in the south ward?  :huh:

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

Also, do I sit in the south ward?  :huh:

Please don't, standing room only!

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

credit card charge ... as "TM *METROSTARS." 

👍🍻

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

You are probably correct with most of this. Also, keep in mind there are a lot of brokers who have season tickets. (Which is a big reason why announced attendance is always so much higher than actual attendance). The brokers probably bought as many extras as possible to try and flip them.

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Please don't, standing room only!

That post was made for Brent's eyes only. 

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

As ESC do we get a crack at MLSCup tix (STOP THINKING ABOUT IT) before or after Thursday?

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users