189 replies to this topic

Sandman527

Sandman527

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Supports:Metro

If you want to stop getting midweek games, stop the amateur hour shit.

Yeah, that's why we play midweek games, because we don't sound good enough. Has nothing to do with the fact that every team plays midweek games, or that this was the first midweek regular season game since April.

Nice try asshat.

wabbit67

wabbit67

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I wondered how 2 dozen DC fans could be louder than a whole section. Now I know. It's too bad. Most new people I bring to games love the atmosphere the supporters provide. Too bad it's being compromised.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I complained about this last game as well. And it's not just GSU doing their own thing. The 2nd half has been horrendous the past few games with all 3 groups singing different songs at the same time. I've grown really sick of it. GSU has their own drum now so that's a big part of the reason it sounds even worse now too.

We could be one of the loudest supporters in the league but because of this nonsense we never willbe and it's a shame.

We all know its been a forever thing, but it has gotten to the point where even the casual fans are wondering WTF is going on.  I asked the other day whywe stopped doing Sedated... because you can't hear it.    Why the fuck can't we THAT one together???  Everyone knows when to do it!  The GSS drum is just an over-the-top obnoxious arms race.  I really don't understand the mentality at all.  Why bother sitting in a supporters section, putting in all that effort, just to ruin the atmosphere?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

We all know its been a forever thing, but it has gotten to the point where even the casual fans are wondering WTF is going on.  I asked the other day whywe stopped doing Sedated... because you can't hear it.    Why the fuck can't we THAT one together???  Everyone knows when to do it!  The GSS drum is just an over-the-top obnoxious arms race.  I really don't understand the mentality at all.  Why bother sitting in a supporters section, putting in all that effort, just to ruin the atmosphere?

The team needs to do 4 things to improve the atmosphere:

- Make the South Ward general admission.

- Move GSU to the other side of the stadium like the Galaxy does with their groups.

- Create a family section with 20 dollar tickets somewhere else so the South Ward isn't clogged with people looking for cheap tickets.

- Limit entrance to the South Ward to people who are paying SG members.

The first few games would be a learning experience, but any of these actions would yield great results in the long term.

Of course the team will never do this. It would be too easy and solve too many problems. I don't know if it has even been seriously considered by anyone in the Front Office or discussed by anyone on the Season Ticket Advisory Board.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I wondered how 2 dozen DC fans could be louder than a whole section. 

I was in the top row of 107, not once did I hear DC supporters.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

BillFromAstoria

BillFromAstoria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Liverpool, US, SUNY Purchase

We are an embarrassment, and we deserve to be mocked by the rest of the league.

Sometimes I hope NYCFC does destroy this team and cause it to fold. We don't deserve any better. 

METRO T-SHIRTS!

1996NY.com

Even the losers get lucky sometimes.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

- Move GSU to the other side of the stadium like the Galaxy does with their groups.

- Create a family section with 20 dollar tickets somewhere else so the South Ward isn't clogged with people looking for cheap tickets.

The first few games would be a learning experience, but any of these actions would yield great results in the long term.

Of course the team will never do this. It would be too easy and solve too many problems. I don't know if it has even been seriously considered by anyone in the Front Office or discussed by anyone on the Season Ticket Advisory Board.

Well propose that - send your ticket rep and Marc D (what every his last name is) an email. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

Well, from where I sit, this is what happens when ONE group tries to oppose their will on the other two. And please, spare me the excuse that it doesn't happen, or that I don't know what I'm talking about. ESC is the supposed band leader of the South Ward, everyone is supposed to take their cues from them. It was just a matter of time before the other groups got fed up said "fuck it" and started doing their own thing. 

GSS can learn a thing or two from ESC, ESC can learn a thing or two from GSS and both groups can learn a LOT from Viking Army. I have spoken with a lot of you guys (mainly after matches) in each group asking what was going on. Every one of you was pointing fingers at the other group as the culprit.

Stop it. Just stop the madness.

I can't hate on GSS and what they are doing because as obnoxious as it is (and they are), at least THEY are bringing the noise to some extent. Which is exactly why they are there in the first place. Not saying that the other two groups aren't, but maybe you capos should TRY incorporating some of their stuff in your chant and song list?

My point being is that maybe, just maybe things are getting a little stale and out of sync. Rather than butting heads (again) and banishing folks to other places in the arena to get your point across, why not try to get together and work this out like sensible adults...

Please.

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

banishing folks to other places in the arena to get your point across, 

GSU requested this and even attempted it for a few games, but were sent back to the South Ward by the team. Not banishment, just emulating what better clubs (the Galaxy) do.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Of course, the team will never do this. It would be too easy and solve too many problems. I don't know if it has even been seriously considered by anyone in the Front Office or discussed by anyone on the Season Ticket Advisory Board.

This is a very good and well thought out proposal, one that was offered to the FO before. I should know, I sent them a letter about it last season. But unless the groups get together and work things out between themselves, then it's useless on its face. Simple as that. The FO can do only so much, everyone in South Ward has to pitch in and get organized.

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

GSU requested this and even attempted it for a few games, but were sent back to the South Ward by the team. Not banishment, just emulating what better clubs (the Galaxy) do.

I know. Problem was the FO was getting complaints from the folks sitting in those sections that GSS was "too rowdy" around the kids (Don't ask, this is what I was told). Thus, they were sent back to the South Ward.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

As a consistent observer of the South Ward, I can say that last night was probably the worst I can remember.  Blatantly different chants going on.  I'm watching from 228 so I don't get to see all of the smaller details, but I definitely get an overall impression of what's going on.  Last night was noticeably bad.

chunas

chunas

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • Supports:RedBulls
Oh well !What that fuck are we gonna do !
ESC RULES .... Let's go fucking metro oh oh hey ! Let's go fuckin metro oh oh oh. Hey!!!!
what just happen!

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I can't hate on GSS and what they are doing because as obnoxious as it is (and they are), at least THEY are bringing the noise to some extent. Which is exactly why they are there in the first place. Not saying that the other two groups aren't, but maybe you capos should TRY incorporating some of their stuff in your chant and song list?

ESC has incorporated some of GSU songs, the main issue is the Spanish songs and that's something that's never going to be fixed because ESC isnt going to stop doing them and GSU isn't going to start.

I don't mind GSU but if they are going to bring their own drum and do their own thing they should be moved to the other side of the arena because the 40 to 50 people in that group are ruining it for the considerably larger VA and ESC sections.

Jeremy Thunder

Jeremy Thunder

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The South Ward is the worst I've ever seen it, and its everybody's fault. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it is really embarassing how much infighting goes on between grown-ass men about what dorky rhyming chants to perform for a soccer team that can hardly convince 15,000 people to give a fuck about them at the same time.

I really don't understand what there is to fight about. No other MLS team seems to be having these problems.

__    __   ______Spirit_of_96 __ __     _____    
 /_/\  /\_\ /\_____\/\_______)\/_/\__/\  ) ___ (   
 ) ) \/ ( (( (_____/\(___  __\/) ) ) ) )/ /\_/\ \  
/_/ \  / \_\\ \__\    / / /   /_/ /_/_// /_/ (_\ \ 
\ \ \\// / // /__/_  ( ( (    \ \ \ \ \\ \ )_/ / / 
 )_) )( (_(( (_____\  \ \ \    )_) ) \ \\ \/_\/ /  
 \_\/  \/_/ \/_____/  /_/_/    \_\/ \_\/ )_____(   
                   Red Bull Out                                 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users