77 replies to this topic

The Metrologist

The Metrologist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Fuckhead Lalas played a role in making sure we stayed at the bottom.

I hold Lalas and Jaime Dog Moreno responsible for the failure of the Bradley-era Metro, which led in a straight line to RB sweeping up what was a severely distressed property.

May those two spoon in hell.
No one makes TV commercials to get people to look at their billboards.

Binks

Binks

Posting From Behind Enemy Lines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,749 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, RFC
Wow. That's really going to bring some interest to the game.

Not since MetroPlayoffFever has there been something this brilliant.

Pregame pints 15. Ticket to the game 60. Carlsburg, Meatpie and Crisps 16. Seeing an American score on another American at a Premier League match in England; Priceless.
"i just like to be careful right b4 i go on a first date with a chick. too much weird comments on facebook and im dead from the start" - JayDelight

"There's nothing good about my team, my team is shit!" (Harraby Lad to Alexi Lalas about Carlisle United)

And then, just like that, his halitosis and jersey were gone. -Bobby Boswell on Bobbygate

CyprarianMalakasFC

CyprarianMalakasFC

New Signing

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US Nats
the newest video on rbr is much better then the first two. in all fairness, im sure they prob did similar things each time they went out but this video was put together much better. better cam work, transitions, music etc. the others seemed to just be thrown together quickly so there was something to post but it was nice to see that the team was giving out handouts and explaining who they were and what they were doing. it def got people to stop on the street and turn their head which isnt always the easiest thing to do in nyc. this was a lot better then just having ppl walk around in normal clothes and try and talk about a team most people dont know. think about it, if u see people handing out flyers wearing jeans and a sweatshirt are u gonna stop? no. if you see crazy people running wit soccer balls wit painted faces and horns all wearing the same thing might u pause/stop/wonder what ur seeing? yes, bc it isnt something u see everyday and it sticks out. i think this actually is an effective marketing strategy even if there are other ways they could have done it. yes, it would be cool to have a group of 100 people or more run through in a huge heard but logistically how easy is that to execute? it might have also been cool to have esc/gss etc follow the heard singing and chanting but then inevitably you will have ppl show up wearing metrostars gear and chanting metro which would go against marketing rbny as the local team bc this would def confuse people who dont know better and im sure the f.o. wouldnt wanna promote metro for obvious reasons, esp bc METRO NO LONGER EXISTS AND IS NEVER COMING BACK. what other ideas are there to effectively promote rbny as the local soccer team without mentioning metro and trying to differntiate from the drink? thats the tough position the rb fo is in and has to deal with. love it or hate it, red bull is here to stay. on the field, the team has gone farther in three years then metro ever did and thats a fact. off the field they are also commited as they have made huge investments in the stadium, expanding our academy which is free to our youth players, expanding the grassroots marketing promotions, and will be constructing the training facility once the stadium is done and the legal/environmental issues can be ironed out in hanover (they are already paying a lease). people may not like what they did by sending bulls around in the city but as the videos show, ppl stopped in the street prob wondering what they just saw and then got handed flyers explaining who rbny was and promoting the home opener. hopefully we see a boost in attendance this year and another run to the cup. go red bulls

Binks

Binks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,749 posts

the newest video on rbr is much better then the first two. in all fairness, im sure they prob did similar things each time they went out but this video was put together much better. better cam work, transitions, music etc. the others seemed to just be thrown together quickly so there was something to post but it was nice to see that the team was giving out handouts and explaining who they were and what they were doing. it def got people to stop on the street and turn their head which isnt always the easiest thing to do in nyc. this was a lot better then just having ppl walk around in normal clothes and try and talk about a team most people dont know. think about it, if u see people handing out flyers wearing jeans and a sweatshirt are u gonna stop? no. if you see crazy people running wit soccer balls wit painted faces and horns all wearing the same thing might u pause/stop/wonder what ur seeing? yes, bc it isnt something u see everyday and it sticks out. i think this actually is an effective marketing strategy even if there are other ways they could have done it. yes, it would be cool to have a group of 100 people or more run through in a huge heard but logistically how easy is that to execute? it might have also been cool to have esc/gss etc follow the heard singing and chanting but then inevitably you will have ppl show up wearing metrostars gear and chanting metro which would go against marketing rbny as the local team bc this would def confuse people who dont know better and im sure the f.o. wouldnt wanna promote metro for obvious reasons, esp bc METRO NO LONGER EXISTS AND IS NEVER COMING BACK. what other ideas are there to effectively promote rbny as the local soccer team without mentioning metro and trying to differntiate from the drink? thats the tough position the rb fo is in and has to deal with. love it or hate it, red bull is here to stay. on the field, the team has gone farther in three years then metro ever did and thats a fact. off the field they are also commited as they have made huge investments in the stadium, expanding our academy which is free to our youth players, expanding the grassroots marketing promotions, and will be constructing the training facility once the stadium is done and the legal/environmental issues can be ironed out in hanover (they are already paying a lease). people may not like what they did by sending bulls around in the city but as the videos show, ppl stopped in the street prob wondering what they just saw and then got handed flyers explaining who rbny was and promoting the home opener. hopefully we see a boost in attendance this year and another run to the cup. go red bulls

fjdka;fdjaksl;dhgjkaytuoan;fkautioerahjklfa;hdayioerhjkl;fadjailpsd;fudiodj;fakl
;dgahiogthaiofnrioerphyi aoioaghaiotiajfjiaslfduaiopjeioaghioahdkl;fjaiotuiaol;kdhfjdk ajfdakl;sfjdklas;fjsdkla;dfioahgaiorghioarhfkalfj;kasdjfiopiaoghuioayhguioyriaej
rfautopjgkaruiujifjaiorue

Yeah. What he said.

Pregame pints 15. Ticket to the game 60. Carlsburg, Meatpie and Crisps 16. Seeing an American score on another American at a Premier League match in England; Priceless.
"i just like to be careful right b4 i go on a first date with a chick. too much weird comments on facebook and im dead from the start" - JayDelight

"There's nothing good about my team, my team is shit!" (Harraby Lad to Alexi Lalas about Carlisle United)

And then, just like that, his halitosis and jersey were gone. -Bobby Boswell on Bobbygate

wgoood2

wgoood2

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Supports:METROSTARS!!

This guy definitly works for the team. :lol:

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

the newest video on rbr is much better then the first two. in all fairness, im sure they prob did similar things each time they went out but this video was put together much better. better cam work, transitions, music etc. the others seemed to just be thrown together quickly so there was something to post but it was nice to see that the team was giving out handouts and explaining who they were and what they were doing. it def got people to stop on the street and turn their head which isnt always the easiest thing to do in nyc. this was a lot better then just having ppl walk around in normal clothes and try and talk about a team most people dont know. think about it, if u see people handing out flyers wearing jeans and a sweatshirt are u gonna stop?

no. if you see crazy people running wit soccer balls wit painted faces and horns all wearing the same thing might u pause/stop/wonder what ur seeing? yes, bc it isnt something u see everyday and it sticks out. i think this actually is an effective marketing strategy even if there are other ways they could have done it. yes, it would be cool to have a group of 100 people or more run through in a huge heard but logistically how easy is that to execute? it might have also been cool to have esc/gss etc follow the heard singing and chanting but then inevitably you will have ppl show up wearing metrostars gear and chanting metro which would go against marketing rbny as the local team bc this would def confuse people who dont know better and im sure the f.o. wouldnt wanna promote metro for obvious reasons, esp bc METRO NO LONGER EXISTS AND IS NEVER COMING BACK.

what other ideas are there to effectively promote rbny as the local soccer team without mentioning metro and trying to differntiate from the drink?

thats the tough position the rb fo is in and has to deal with. love it or hate it, red bull is here to stay. on the field, the team has gone farther in three years then metro ever did and thats a fact. off the field they are also commited as they have made huge investments in the stadium, expanding our academy which is free to our youth players, expanding the grassroots marketing promotions, and will be constructing the training facility once the stadium is done and the legal/environmental issues can be ironed out in hanover (they are already paying a lease).

people may not like what they did by sending bulls around in the city but as the videos show, ppl stopped in the street prob wondering what they just saw and then got handed flyers explaining who rbny was and promoting the home opener. hopefully we see a boost in attendance this year and another run to the cup. go red bulls

Sorry but i had to include something called a paragraph in there because it was bothering me.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

The Metrologist

The Metrologist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

So the RBNY summer interns start work the second week of June every year?

N8ballz

N8ballz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • Supports:metro
Holy fucking wall of text man, my eyes. I wouldn't even think to read that.

And Olsen didn't turn DC into a bunch of whining, diving.. oh, nevermind

-MetroSquard

Binks

Binks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,749 posts

Holy fucking wall of text man, my eyes. I wouldn't even think to read that.

Yeah. I'd like to, but I just can't do it.

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
well it's 4:15 in the am...so i may regret this...but....that "promo" is exactly what is wrong with this whole organization. Are you fucking serious? Its like the marketing team are a bunch of marketing 101 inters that have no sense.

This is a fucking football team, not some pet project. You exist in a city that is stacked like logs with football fans yet cant connect to any of them. The only market youve halway managed to hit is the youth soccer crowd and some random adult player leagues.

But the holy grail of NYC has eluded you.

Sp your fucking answer is THIS!!!

If i didnt know who you where i would think you were a bunch of fucking retards running aorunf NY and pay you no more mind that a crazy drunk on the 4 train.

GET OVER YOUR FUCKING SELVES RED BULL. No one cares about your product, its an after thought, its something we mix with alcohol from time to time.

Treat this team like a football club, take it seriously and look to what Toronto and Seattle did..yes i know its harder here, much harder...but pushing a failed strategy is not the answer. For the love of god almighty!!!!!

SmittyNNJ

SmittyNNJ

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Celtic
agree with what's already been said..I hope it works, but I can't see someone on the street in Manhattan who sees a bunch of people with bull horns on, coming to a match. To be honest, it kind of seems like a minor league stunt or something that a college group would do. Further, if you do this once, what kind of lasting impact does that have? This was Toronto's TV Commericial from '07. I've also heard radio spots for the Mets and Yankees for season tickets...no Redbulls

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts

To be honest, it kind of seems like a minor league stunt or something that a college group would do.

Makes you wonder if someone found a hidden copy of Washo's book in the team headquarters behind a desk.

(i think it was Washo that had the minor league bball experiance and book)

The Metrologist

The Metrologist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Makes you wonder if someone found a hidden copy of Washo's book in the team headquarters behind a desk.

(i think it was Washo that had the minor league bball experiance and book)

And this. Read the whole press release in the latest news section. No, really, read it.

GET OVER YOUR FUCKING SELVES RED BULL. No one cares about your product, its an after thought, its something we mix with alcohol from time to time.

Treat this team like a football club, take it seriously and look to what Toronto and Seattle did

I know you and others want so much more than this - and you deserve so much better too. But isn't this like begging a pig to sprout wings?

Haig

Haig

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:Bora Bora Metro

I know you and others want so much more than this - and you deserve so much better too. But isn't this like begging a pig to sprout wings?

The soccer team can't possibly be working as a marketing initiative. Now maybe RB doesn't think about things like return on investment, but it's not sustainable over the long term to pay for a team whose financial returns suck so badly. It's going to have to work as a soccer team, or be sold. For it to work as a soccer team, these horseshit "guerilla" initiatives that conflict with the goal of promoting the team as a serious soccer club have to disappear.

Now on the other hand, we have the guy who wrote the almost unreadable pro-RB thing upthread. I read it prior to paragraph breaks and thought nearly every sentence was crap, but particularly the "RB is here to stay." No, it's not. When the team is worth more in cash than it is as whatever RB regards it as currently, it'll be sold, and if the ESC can stay true to its concept of the team over whatever some asshole owner thinks, then RB doesn't matter.
╔╦╗┌─┐┌┬┐┬─┐┌─┐  ╔═╗┌─┐┬─┐┌─┐┬  ┬┌─┐┬─┐
║║║├┤  │ ├┬┘│ │  ╠╣ │ │├┬┘├┤ └┐┌┘├┤ ├┬┘
╩ ╩└─┘ ┴ ┴└─└─┘  ╚  └─┘┴└─└─┘ └┘ └─┘┴└─

The Metrologist

The Metrologist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

And this. Read the whole press release in the latest news section. No, really, read it.

"Asked about the new choice of representation, Metal Mike replied, "I have
always been impressed with Mark's ability to find answers and new ways to create opportunities. At this time in my life and career, I'm only interested in working with motivated, honest and outside the box thinking people. With several soon to be disclosed endeavors on the horizon for me, I am excited to welcome Mark and MMW as a part of my team. To the future!""

Please, everyone, read that paragraph in your best Nathan Explosion voice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users