iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Eric Alexander is on waivers. 

I liked the guy when he played for us, but at this stage in his career he's just a worse Sean Davis.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I liked the guy when he played for us, but at this stage in his career he's just a worse Sean Davis.

Worse, older, and I'm not going to check, but I assume more expensive Sean Davis.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
We dont need no stinking additions! Deepest Team Ever!!

Tymatt

Tymatt

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls/MetroStars
This one is going to sound a little odd but since mls clubs will still be able to sign free agents what about the American Danny Williams at cm/cdm? Has plenty of experience playing in the prem, championship and bundesliga. He’s 30 and that doesn’t mean he’s finished he’s still got legs left. I heard dc utd were interested but opted for Felipe instead. Idk just a thought.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

This one is going to sound a little odd but since mls clubs will still be able to sign free agents what about the American Danny Williams at cm/cdm? Has plenty of experience playing in the prem, championship and bundesliga. He’s 30 and that doesn’t mean he’s finished he’s still got legs left. I heard dc utd were interested but opted for Felipe instead. Idk just a thought.

I think WIlliams would be a solid MLS player, but I can't imagine he'd take less than a DP paycheck to come here. At 30 that's a risk for a guy that has never quite been a 'star', just a serviceable player at the high championship/low premiership level. He has the resume of like a Teemu Tainio, who we didn't go DP for. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,140 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

def DP $$ if it was him. prob why no one's offered him. if he took a 400k deal or less, maybe? he won't go for that, tho. he ain't 32 yet. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
We just spent the better part of a summer speculating about a signing and we wound up with a 22 year old fringe EPL player. It's been said time and time again that the new RBNY mantra for signings going forward will be youngish players that we can develop and sign on for a profit. Why are we still throwing around names like Danny Williams when he clearly doesn't fit the bill?

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Why are we still throwing around names like Danny Williams when he clearly doesn't fit the bill?

Sometimes the bill is wrong.

Tymatt

Tymatt

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls/MetroStars
While Williams is a little bit older, Red Bull has still supplied us with not all young players if you think about it rza isn’t that young compared to our other signings. Yes one signing but it still proves it’s possible. I only brought Williams up because he’s in a position of need and he’s German American which technically means he’s domestic. I could understand why he wouldn’t totally fit the bill though.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Rza came from the RB Global umbrella though.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Serhii Buletsa, Jordan Rezbala would be Almiron type of impact and styles..

Diego Chara brother Yimmi Chara is same build but amazing Winger that's a proven talent that's stood out at every league he's played in and now hitting his stride in Brazil...

Gustavo Cuellar would be a great like for like Tyler Adams maybe Tyler is faster but Cuellar is much better distributer of ball but can cover a lot of ground....

I hate that window isn't open till mid September
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2
Ribery is available, that would have been some splash...

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts

Ribery is available, that would have been some splash...

I would love this move...

In MLS 3.0 Pavón and Barco are the types of moves made and this is more like Becks era move... But this squad can use a older guy that's won everything that has the clout to say things and be a leader and also has the talent to make a late game clutch play to help finally get Metro over the hump

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts
I'd even take Fabián Castillo and Alexander Chumacero and Yimmi Chara lol

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,675 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Abate.

I believe hes unnattched.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users