270 replies to this topic

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

To me this passes the initial "good hire" binary test .  More inexperienced than i originally wanted but well regarded by other teams, tactical style that could work with us, doesn't try to park bus like an Armas and has experience coaching young players. 

Hopefully this ultimately gets done and within the next couple weeks.  Ideally you want your coach apart of the player overhaul process.   

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Great to see this level of rumor. Shows we are hopefully in a new era with Thelwell. 

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

To me this passes the initial "good hire" binary test .  More inexperienced than i originally wanted but well regarded by other teams, tactical style that could work with us, doesn't try to park bus like an Armas and has experience coaching young players. 

Hopefully this ultimately gets done and within the next couple weeks.  Ideally you want your coach apart of the player overhaul process.   

Could not agree more.

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Anyone else think we'll start calling this guy Hans Gruber?

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Had his normal pre match press conference for Barnsley today. Standard answer, aware of the interest in him...focused on the upcoming match...etc.,etc.

He has a release clause in his contract (£1 million?) so if RBNY were to activate it and there is mutual interest they are free to negotiate with him.

https://www.yorkshir...-future-2983705

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Things he didn't do:

- Deny the report

- Commit to staying

Doesn't mean he's guaranteed to come here or anything but it seems like, at minimum, the interest is legitimate and mutual.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Dane Murphy on Gerhard Struber links with NY Red Bulls: There have been a few clubs who have contacted the club about Gerhard, nothing is imminent as of yet. He is focused on this season with Barnsley FC. There have been approaches by clubs but nothing concrete."

Dane Murphy: "Gerhard is our manager and he led us to safety in the Championship last season. We want to take the next step with him.
I can confirm there is a release clause and, if a club wants to speak to him, they would have to meet that clause."

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

If it is Struber, hope he starts the introductory press conf with "Yippy Ki Yay, Motherfucker" a la Alan Rickman. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

If it is Struber, hope he starts the introductory press conf with "Yippy Ki Yay, Motherfucker" a la Alan Rickman. 

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=9PCC16fHMok

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Had his normal pre match press conference for Barnsley today. Standard answer, aware of the interest in him...focused on the upcoming match...etc.,etc.

He has a release clause in his contract (£1 million?) so if RBNY were to activate it and there is mutual interest they are free to negotiate with him.

https://www.yorkshir...-future-2983705

boy does that give him leverage when talking to Barnsley ownership about spending the $$$$ for a new striker.  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

Update:

https://twitter.com/...853509882347527

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Update:

https://twitter.com/...853509882347527

Gerhard #Struber has made a decision and is taking on the trainer job at @NewYorkRedBulls
. Three year contract. Red Bull is paying a fee of 2 million euros for the return campaign. A hefty sum for someone who was @FCLiefering not so long ago
-Coach has passed.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

YIPPY KI YAY, MOTHERFUCKERS. 

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Austria didn't trust Hamlett to spend $500K on a DP. Now Thelwell is swinging his dick around and spending multiple millions on a manager. Incredible.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Thelwell ... spending multiple millions on a manager.

Waiting for us to spend multi-millions on DPs.
Had we spent money on effective DPs,
Armas would still be here.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users