Has there ever been a Red Bulls team less exciting to watch?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Even the NY Post has figured out our issues, why can't RB? https://nypost.com/2...-past-coaching/

I think our new man in charge is aware. How much is RedBull going to allow him to do about it?

Think people are lying to themselves that Armas would have been significantly more successful with a better squad. Despite all the years with the club, he clearly never bought in to the style of play that is expected

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I think our new man in charge is aware. How much is RedBull going to allow him to do about it?

Think people are lying to themselves that Armas would have been significantly more successful with a better squad. Despite all the years with the club, he clearly never bought in to the style of play that is expected

Completely agree that Armas was a contributing factor, but a couple of more million in annual spending could have put us over the top under Marsch and certainly wouldn't hurt under whoever our next coach is.

We're not asking them to spend like ATL or LAFC or Inter Miami, but being at least midtier in spending would be a significant improvement.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Completely agree that Armas was a contributing factor, but a couple of more million in annual spending could have put us over the top under Marsch and certainly wouldn't hurt under whoever our next coach is.

We're not asking them to spend like ATL or LAFC or Inter Miami, but being at least midtier in spending would be a significant improvement.

Yea, we were probably a winger or two away from winning in the Marsch years. Most of his teams were really balanced, we just needed a little more in the attack.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

not asking them to spend like ATL or LAFC or Inter Miami.

Why not? If RB do not want to spend,
then sell to someone who does!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

N8ballz

N8ballz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • Supports:metro

Are people actually watching this year?

And Olsen didn't turn DC into a bunch of whining, diving.. oh, nevermind

-MetroSquard

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Yea, we were probably a winger or two away from winning in the Marsch years. Most of his teams were really balanced, we just needed a little more in the attack.

Even just have a good backup RB/LB like Egbo in 2018, instead of having to rely on Lade would have made a big difference.

2015 team was the only team we had that i think had a championship level attack under Marsch  

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
Lets see tonight
0 SOG or Unleash the Tetteh
t minus 7 hrs to.......

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Well, we avoid the worst 10-game scoring stretch.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Slow 1st half, but it got better as the 2nd half progressed. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

it got better as the 2nd half progressed. 

More DC getting worse as the game went on,
than us playing better.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
Tonight was the first time in a long, long time we got to play against a team who was chasing pretty recklessly at the end of the match.

Not sure I'd read anything into the tons of chances in the last 15 minutes or so.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Tonight was the first time in a long, long time we got to play against a team who was chasing pretty recklessly at the end of the match.

Not sure I'd read anything into the tons of chances in the last 15 minutes or so.

The only thing you can read into it is that despite all these chances we still managed not to score more. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Slow 1st half, but it got better as the 2nd half progressed. 

what I can read into that is PRESS MORE!  

or even lay back invite teams forward and selectively PRESS MORE. 

I can also read into that we have probably a USL Champsion ship winning team here since that was about DC's level yesterday.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users