TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
If they play a 4 man back line

Coronel; Edwards, Reyes, Nealis, Gutman; Davis, Tolkin, CCJ, Clark; Fabio, Klimala (maybe Royer instead)

3-5-2

Coronel; Reyes, Nealis, Tarek; Edwards, Tolkin, Davis, Clark, Gutman; Fabio, Klimala (or Royer)

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

If they play a 4 man back line

Coronel; Edwards, Reyes, Nealis, Gutman; Davis, Tolkin, CCJ, Clark; Fabio, Klimala (maybe Royer instead)

3-5-2

Coronel; Reyes, Nealis, Tarek; Edwards, Tolkin, Davis, Clark, Gutman; Fabio, Klimala (or Royer)

skinny diamond should be dead for now as long as CBs are fit.  The attack looks less like a cage match with the width fullbacks provide and spreading out the midfield in 3-5-2.  Pretty sure Clark comes in for Wiki like you have it but question is if Edwards plays CB or RB.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

skinny diamond should be dead for now as long as CBs are fit.  The attack looks less like a cage match with the width fullbacks provide and spreading out the midfield in 3-5-2.  Pretty sure Clark comes in for Wiki like you have it but question is if Edwards plays CB or RB.

If we want to use our fullbacks for width then it should be Edwards not Duncan. I know Duncan provides the requisite defense, when he is switched on, but I have to imagine Edwards provides much more of a threat going forward.

Other issue is if Tarek is unavailable they might be forced to play Edwards at CB.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I smell...

The lowest attended regular season game between these two.

I'm actually probably going to this one, would be my first game since March 2020.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

we win this we won't finished worse the 1999 season ppg-wise :)

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
I'll be out of town so will miss it, but hopefully we show a little bite and surprise them to salvage our season a bit.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

I smell ... confusion by Boy City fans as to whether this week's game in Harrison is considered home or away.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

If we want to use our fullbacks for width then it should be Edwards not Duncan. I know Duncan provides the requisite defense, when he is switched on, but I have to imagine Edwards provides much more of a threat going forward.

Other issue is if Tarek is unavailable they might be forced to play Edwards at CB.

I know that it's not happening, but how about Monzon, the Uruguayan U20 player?  He's got to be better than playing Edwards at CB (and he's hopefully better than Nealis and Tarek anyway).  I know, he's getting his visa, or acclimating, or quarantining, or whatever, and we won't see him until 2022.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
FYI this game is on FS1

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I know that it's not happening, but how about Monzon, the Uruguayan U20 player?  He's got to be better than playing Edwards at CB (and he's hopefully better than Nealis and Tarek anyway).  I know, he's getting his visa, or acclimating, or quarantining, or whatever, and we won't see him until 2022.

He'll finally make the roster for the November Nashville game, then blow out an ACL in warm ups.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Fear of a reverse red wedding.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

I have, in the parlance of Gerhard Struber, a "big fear for my chest." NYCFC has had a couple shaky games recently though and we always seem to get up for it at home so who knows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users