Zero Cool

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:01 PM

We must've pulled him back and worked something out.
Teams had until Friday to finalize the list.
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#47 Rick Two

Rick Two

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA, UCSB

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:24 AM

Pete's on it though. How many clubs will that have been for him in like two years?

#48 Ben7

Ben7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, MLS & USMNT

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:47 AM

Finally able to make updates. Had a busy few days at work.

2011 MLS Re Entry Draft
Rules/Timeline
Available players (updated 2 Dec)
Selection order (G's at 18th, only ahead of Montreal)

Source

Cristman, 26, whose option was declined, withdrew from the process and could be negotiating a new deal with the Galaxy, although it's unlikely he would accept much less than the $42,000 he made this season.

Kirovski, 35, whose option also was declined, pulled out of the process before the re-entry list was released Wednesday. The Escondido product, who made $84,000 in 2011, is expected to re-sign with the Galaxy or retire.

That leaves Hejduk and Robinson in the Re-Entry Draft.

G's related transfer rumors 1 and 2

Brazilian midfielder Marcelo Sarvas, who impressed against the Galaxy for Costa Rican champion Alajuelense in CONCACAF Champions League action, says he's been offered a two-year deal by L.A. He's also considering a three-year contract from Alajuela. “I'm postponing [a decision] as long as possible because the truth is that I don't know what decision to make,” he told Costa Rican daily La Nacion. “The economics [of the Galaxy offer] is very good.” ... The Alessandro Del Piero rumors have been rekindled. Montreal sporting director Nick De Santis told Le Journal de Montreal that the Impact have been in touch with the Italian star but that his focus “is turned toward New York or Los Angeles.”

Del Piero is one of my all time fave players, that be awesome if it happens on a short(er) term deal. He's very old for soccer terms and I don't really know if he's still able to play a full game though. I'll always remember him as a lethal creative fella who is going for the top corner, chip and artistic beauty most of the times.

Sarvas could be Beckham or Juninho's replacement I guess.
Don't remember his name, but that might be due the lack of audio (stupid CCL play by play guy).
Generally it's a positive step if the G's also look out for players in both Americas.

Arena praised Indonesian midfielder Andik Vermansyah and forward Greg Nwokolo following the Galaxy's win in Jakarta and said that “maybe they could be considered to follow a trial” with the Galaxy.

Another name linked to the Galaxy, via Spanish press: Kepa Blanco, 27, known merely as Kepa, who plays for Spanish second-division side Recreativo Huelva. The Spanish forward previously played for Sevilla and Getafe and briefly on loan at West Ham United.

Just PR pleasing or talent scouting for the 2 Indonesian players?

With Keane and Donovan (maybe as midfielder) on longer contracts, could they be looking at a Barrett's/Christman upgrade?

#49 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:50 PM

Perk has a higher guaranteed salary (106) than Saunders (67)?

That ain't right.

#50 haggis

haggis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Cheebs, Kebabs, Curry Sauce, all things Axl Huckleberry and my anxiety-ridden beagle, and my wife who is my life (not necessarily in that order)<br /><br />But, he's a good beagle!
  • Supports:Galaxy, Rangers, and Good Beer!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:33 PM

Finally able to make updates. Had a busy few days at work.

I thought you were still seeing the world........with a stop at the International Space Station?

Where are you working now?
Judas: "We welcomed you with open arms, but will be seeing you off with the 2 finger salute!"

BMAB: Drunkenese for By Me Another Beer!
"For fear that one drink will be lonesome, take another to keep it company, and another to keep the peace between them." -Anonymous

Hey, Kool Aid!

For the love of beer, it was a pretzel!

#51 Eric B

Eric B

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:16 PM

That ain't right.

That's because he's GA and I guess he will be for another year.

#52 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

Brian Perk is not a Generation Adidas player
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#53 Catamount

Catamount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:50 PM

Brian Perk is not a Generation Adidas player

This is true. So does this mean that Private Perk outranks Colonel Saunders? I'm confused! :huh:

#54 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Supports:Creepers In Cardigans Soccer Club

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

That ain't right.

This was before Saunders' rise as a bona fide #1. I'm sure he'll get a proper raise...

Perk is probably signed to one of those prospect type deals that MLS likes to hand out to players they feel will test the Euro waters straight out of college.

If you're not creepin', you're not trying...

#55 Eric B

Eric B

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:45 PM

Perk is probably signed to one of those prospect type deals that MLS likes to hand out to players they feel will test the Euro waters straight out of college.

Which I thought usually were only for GA players, but got one as 4th Rd pick! I guess his status as U20 starter gave him negotiating leverage...

#56 Ben7

Ben7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, MLS & USMNT

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

I thought you were still seeing the world........with a stop at the International Space Station?

Where are you working now?

Unfortunatley not, I wish I could travel all year/life long here and above ;)
I work at the Bern(e) Airport (more of an an Airfield actually) since a feew weeks at the office/info center.

This was before Saunders' rise as a bona fide #1. I'm sure he'll get a proper raise...

Yeap, that's likely the case on both accounts.

in other news
Keane doesn't want to go on loan this offseason

G's supposedly signed Marcelo Sarvas, a 30 year old brazilian midfielder from Alajuelense on a two-year contract with two club option years.

According to Nick Green

the Galaxy also are expected not to re-sign striker Adam Cristman and former U.S. international Jovan Kirovski, who likely will retire. Option years were declined for veteran defenders Frankie Hejduk and Dasan Robinson, too.

#57 haggis

haggis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Cheebs, Kebabs, Curry Sauce, all things Axl Huckleberry and my anxiety-ridden beagle, and my wife who is my life (not necessarily in that order)<br /><br />But, he's a good beagle!
  • Supports:Galaxy, Rangers, and Good Beer!

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:07 PM

in other news
Keane doesn't want to go on loan this offseason

[b]

that's good. He will miss a month with EURO 2012.
Judas: "We welcomed you with open arms, but will be seeing you off with the 2 finger salute!"

BMAB: Drunkenese for By Me Another Beer!
"For fear that one drink will be lonesome, take another to keep it company, and another to keep the peace between them." -Anonymous

Hey, Kool Aid!

For the love of beer, it was a pretzel!

#58 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:28 AM

Which I thought usually were only for GA players, but got one as 4th Rd pick! I guess his status as U20 starter gave him negotiating leverage...

There are other players with those kind of deals, but I'm too lazy to do the research. So yeah, he's not official GA status but very similiar in that respect...

More importantly, I'm just bummed that The Jovan is retiring...

#59 Catamount

Catamount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:32 AM

There are other players with those kind of deals, but I'm too lazy to do the research. So yeah, he's not official GA status but very similiar in that respect...

More importantly, I'm just bummed that The Jovan is retiring...

Why? He can start a business or get into coaching. His mind is probably more useful at the professional level than his skills at this point. :cheers:

#60 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:31 PM

Why? He can start a business or get into coaching. His mind is probably more useful at the professional level than his skills at this point. :cheers:

Yeah, it's a joke my friend...

At games I purposely cheer when he gets subbed in... kind of like RTB's faux love of Pete a couple years ago...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users