• Please log in to reply
375 replies to this topic

Rob Money

Rob Money

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

The only great memories I have of last season are from our games with Dallas. Henry's game-tying golazo at RBA, the team's late-season victory at PHP that initiated a good stretch of form, and of course, Ballouchy messing with everyone's minds in the playoffs... Wish we could play them every week.

Ballouchy messing with everyone's minds is that he is a good player but only in practice. there's a reason why on FIFA he's great.

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars
http://espn.go.com/b...5050-for-sunday

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts
backe just said, if Meara were to play, he'll be with a mask. and then goes on to say Meara will more than likely start

sooo......

---------------Cooper--------------

Lindpere------Henry-----Richards

----------Tainio---McCarty--------

Miller---Keel---Holgersson---Solli

----------------Meara---------------

I'd like to see McCarty playing in front of Teemu, but I know that's not going to happen, bc Backe is going to make Henry be the play-maker in the middle until we get a CAM. therefore McCarty is going to suck and we're all going to hate him until we trade him in the summer to make room for said CAM, and then he will go on and win 87 trophies with whoever we trade him too. then that means cooper is going to be isolated, where there's a proven track record that when The Cooper is isolated, The Cooper sucks.

sooo...... i hoping for a draw and of course a win. whichever draw, win or loss, its going to be U-G-L-Y.

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
well it looks as if David Ferreira might not play on Sunday....that should be good news for the Red Bulls

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

backe just said, if Meara were to play, he'll be with a mask. and then goes on to say Meara will more than likely start

sooo......

---------------Cooper--------------

Lindpere------Henry-----Richards

----------Tainio---McCarty--------

Miller---Keel---Holgersson---Solli

----------------Meara---------------

I'd like to see McCarty playing in front of Teemu, but I know that's not going to happen, bc Backe is going to make Henry be the play-maker in the middle until we get a CAM. therefore McCarty is going to suck and we're all going to hate him until we trade him in the summer to make room for said CAM, and then he will go on and win 87 trophies with whoever we trade him too. then that means cooper is going to be isolated, where there's a proven track record that when The Cooper is isolated, The Cooper sucks.

sooo...... i hoping for a draw and of course a win. whichever draw, win or loss, its going to be U-G-L-Y.

:lol: This post is just so metro.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

We rolled out that midfield a bunch of times last season and Dax did end up pushing further forward than Tainio and looked pretty decent, especially in the 5-0 stomping of Toronto. The only time Dax looked absolutely awful last season was when we expected him to play Tainio's role with Ballouchy (possibly the worst tackler I've ever seen in professional soccer) in front of him.

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

We rolled out that midfield a bunch of times last season and Dax did end up pushing further forward than Tainio and looked pretty decent, especially in the 5-0 stomping of Toronto. The only time Dax looked absolutely awful last season was when we expected him to play Tainio's role with Ballouchy (possibly the worst tackler I've ever seen in professional soccer) in front of him.

true but if i cut myself now, it won't hurt as much later :( <_<

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro
Get Pumped :cheers:

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Glad were going to Dallas early, playing in Texas in June/July/Aug would be really draining.

Quema

Quema

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ

Glad were going to Dallas early, playing in Texas in June/July/Aug would be really draining.

We will be playing in Texas in August (vs Houston). We play them back to back in August, although only once is away.

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts
Dallas' beat reporters tweeting that David Ferreira is currently listed as OUT in today's injury report for Sunday. however, this is not the official one, so nothing is set in stone yet. new injury report comes out tomorrow

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos
I think people assuming this will be a victory are underestimating FC Dallas. this is a team we beat twice last year in Frisco, but a team that pretty much outplayed us in both those games. I think the posts and crossbars are still recovering from the abuse Dallas attackers put on them.

I haven't seen much of FC Dallas in preseason but I know they were a very strong side in 2011 than sort of broke down at the end of the year with fatigue. This was without Ferriera as well. They are a team that attacks with pace and transitions well. They are generally very solid at keeper with Hartman and athletic in defense.

I think like last year Metro will have to play the counterttack and over the top ball style offense. Look for Richards to have a lot of opportunities to make a play and former FC Dallas players Cooper and McCarty to play with a little something extra.

Think Dallas will put a lot of pressure on Keel and the Swede and test their ability to cover against their pace.

Intersted to see how Backe will come out. Will he, like last year, try and force players into the wrong positions or tactics? Will he surprise us with a more adventurous formation? (prob not on the road in game 1). I suspect we will see a 4-4-2 with Cooperplaying mostly as a target forward, Henry roaming with Tainio playing as holding mid. Lindpere and Dax playign a bit more centrally trying to possess and support the atttack...Richards will be let loose on a lot of deep runs down the flanks.

I see this ended up as a draw. Not sure if it will be 0-0 or 3-3
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

tk421

tk421

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Saw an ad for the "first kick party at Legends" on Gothamist today.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
FCD did lose to the US U23s in preseason.

shrugs.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Dallas squad isn't as good as the one from last season. Thinner at midfield and lost Chavez to San Jose. But the biggest loss was Jackson who's loan ended and he's now back in Brazil. He was a real gamer for them.

Certainly not an easy match, but we seem to play well against them.

RBNY also have a good record in season openers... lot of trends to the positive here.

Draw is the most likely result in my eyes... but I think we have a better shot at a win than Dallas does.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users