39 replies to this topic

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Toronto didnt have much possession the 2nd half.....which is why he didnt look at bad.

Didnt show anything going forward.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Got torched repeatedly in 1v1s in the first half.

Yeah the whole team sucked till Casseres came on but still...you cant lose those battles.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

He'll be fine if he plays like he did in the second half.  If it's more like the first half, he's gone in December.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
Yep, clearly not as talented as Murillo but he tries and he's better positionally

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Yep, clearly not as talented as Murillo but he tries and he's better positionally

Does better positionally just mean he literally never leaves his defensive position to get forward?

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
Bucky played poor to bad on every level last night. He literally brought nothing to the table. He was pinched in so tight, they kept making easy wide passes to the winger, who beat him repeatedly.

The 3nd half we had the ball ans Toronto offered no threat. He never got forward and contributed nothing offensively.

If we had lost the game, the kid would have been slaughtered in this thread.

Its only 1 game and I hope he matures and continues to get better.

The real question for me, is when Murillo didnt play.......is he being sold?

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

If we had lost the game, the kid would have been slaughtered in this thread.

Its only 1 game and I hope he matures and continues to get better.

The real question for me, is when Murillo didnt play.......is he being sold?

Its amazing how results can cloud the mind.

Not sure about Murillo being sold, but hes been trash all season and overall hes just a lazy defender who checks out far too often. IMO it was just a message being sent. He was poor last week in particular.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

Its amazing how results can cloud the mind.

Not sure about Murillo being sold, but hes been trash all season and overall hes just a lazy defender who checks out far too often. IMO it was just a message being sent. He was poor last week in particular.

I agree with your analysis very much.

I personally, look at the situation a bit different than most. I think Armas is a bad head coach. When any team in any sport, goes from having a good head coach to a bad head coach.....the players look worse because of poor coaching.

This team is filed with players in their prime. I ask myself, Who looks better this season compared t last season? Almost every player on be team is playing worse than last year? Didnt they all decide to suck at the same time? No, theyre just being coached poorly.

Thats just my personal opinion.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

I agree with your analysis very much.

I personally, look at the situation a bit different than most. I think Armas is a bad head coach. When any team in any sport, goes from having a good head coach to a bad head coach.....the players look worse because of poor coaching.

This team is filed with players in their prime. I ask myself, Who looks better this season compared t last season? Almost every player on be team is playing worse than last year? Didnt they all decide to suck at the same time? No, theyre just being coached poorly.

Thats just my personal opinion.

New coach new style
Slow starts which is on the coach dont help.
Murillo was always this way just more so now
Marsch is more Angry and more experienced
Also no Adams makes everyone a bit worse

Hope Murillo takes this clear messsage along with what Robles and Kemar said to heart and refocuses. Read their comments clearly calling him out (along with others)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Murillo has been poor since the world cup.

That world cup performance broke him mentally. That was his shot to go to a top league in Europe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users