109 replies to this topic

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Etienne was also on the field during the team's best moment of the year in Cincinnati, and he was involved. Something about him just seems like a winner. Also, look at the two assists he had in july. They showed vision, speed of play, and ability to play a final ball. 

Wouldn't be great for academy recruiting to see players buried and not invested in after being given a half-chance. 

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
I think Etienne will be a better player this year.

Even with the stacked midfield, I think he breaks the 18 regularly.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

good thing for him is that Jesse has proven with Veron that he will bench a guy regardless of his paycheck if someone else does what he wants better.  He just needs to do what Jesse wants

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Etienne was also on the field during the team's best moment of the year in Cincinnati, and he was involved. Something about him just seems like a winner. Also, look at the two assists he had in july. They showed vision, speed of play, and ability to play a final ball. 

Wouldn't be great for academy recruiting to see players buried and not invested in after being given a half-chance. 

He's got that x-factor in attack that's really tough to teach, just needs to look less like a headless chicken on defense and I'm sure he'll start earning more minutes.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I just hope that some of the times he does make the 18, he gets a chance to do more than just jog around by the South Ward.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

4-2-2-2

Kaku BWP

Rza Royer

Felipe Adams

Taxi Long Collin Murillo

Robles

4-3-3

BWP

Kaku Rza Royer

Felipe Adams

Taxi Long Collin Murillo

Robles

Meara Redding Lade Davis Etienne Muyl Rivas

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Deepest team ever?

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Deepest team ever?

Rzat could be another Keita, I still think Davis has the nod to be a starter, and he is not a good starter. So far we replaced Sacha with Kaku, Gonzalo with Rivas, and Perinelle with Redding. All other additions are young prospects. If Rzat is better than Davis, and Collin stays healthy, we are deeper than last year. If Rzat is another Keita, then we are pretty similar to last year as far as depth. And by the way, I know we all like to shit on Zizzo, but we did lose him, and did we get another guy who is better than him that can sub for Murillo/Taxi? Until we see how youngsters pan out, it does not look like this team is very deep.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts

Rzat could be another Keita, I still think Davis has the nod to be a starter, and he is not a good starter. So far we replaced Sacha with Kaku, Gonzalo with Rivas, and Perinelle with Redding. All other additions are young prospects. If Rzat is better than Davis, and Collin stays healthy, we are deeper than last year. If Rzat is another Keita, then we are pretty similar to last year as far as depth. And by the way, I know we all like to shit on Zizzo, but we did lose him, and did we get another guy who is better than him that can sub for Murillo/Taxi? Until we see how youngsters pan out, it does not look like this team is very deep.

Davis may not be an All-Star, but he is a solid MLS player. You talk about Zizzo getting shit on, after you dismiss Davis' value in our attack last season. Maybe he didnt have the numbers, but he was essential in transitioning into our attack. And, Lade is the fullback backup.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Sean Davis is the New Jersey Sergio Roberto. Stand by him!

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I kind of figured Muyl and Lade were the backups at the outside back position. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts

I kind of figured Muyl and Lade were the backups at the outside back position. 

So far this preseason Muyl has only played in advanced roles. Has two goals, so hes doing well.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Davis may not be an All-Star, but he is a solid MLS player. You talk about Zizzo getting shit on, after you dismiss Davis' value in our attack last season. Maybe he didnt have the numbers, but he was essential in transitioning into our attack. And, Lade is the fullback backup.

Just to be clear, when I talk about shitting all over Zizzo, I do not imply he does not deserve it, just that we didn't get anyone to replace him that is better. Lade was there last year and we still needed Zizzo. I am hoping our wing backs stay healthy and Taxi does not leave, but from the depth perspective, it's a bit shallow. Maybe some of the youngsters will step up too, let's hope. As far as Davis, he is solid I agree, but not sure about him being a good MLS starter. I saw quite a big drop off compared to what we had at the position before. I think he is a great option off the bench, and now with him likely starting it feels we are a bit shallow there as well as wing backs. I am hoping Rzat will prove to be the difference, or one of the young guys steps up, like Adams last year.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

3-4-3/5-4-1

--------------------------------BWP-------------------------------

-------------Kaku-------------Rza------------Royer------------

-------------------------------Felipe-------------------------------

-----Taxi--------Long-------Collin----Murillo----Adams----- 

-------------------------------Robles------------------------------

Meara Redding Lade Davis Etienne Muyl Rivas

IMO, waiving Keita made our bench less potent. I'm still confused by that one. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts

Just to be clear, when I talk about shitting all over Zizzo, I do not imply he does not deserve it, just that we didn't get anyone to replace him that is better. Lade was there last year and we still needed Zizzo. I am hoping our wing backs stay healthy and Taxi does not leave, but from the depth perspective, it's a bit shallow. Maybe some of the youngsters will step up too, let's hope. As far as Davis, he is solid I agree, but not sure about him being a good MLS starter. I saw quite a big drop off compared to what we had at the position before. I think he is a great option off the bench, and now with him likely starting it feels we are a bit shallow there as well as wing backs. I am hoping Rzat will prove to be the difference, or one of the young guys steps up, like Adams last year.

Jome and a few others are vying for a backup fullback position.  How much worse can any of them be than Sal?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users