JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,488 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Lets hope he doesnt ask for 99.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Aside from the few comments I saw Armas make about Abang, has anyone heard a peep about his return (e.g., how he looks, whether he will strictly be a RBII guy, will he get first team minutes, etc.)?  I think this kid has the tools to succeed, but probably not the temperament.  Hope I am wrong though.  Would love to hear that he came back in with a great attitude, is working hard, not acting like a sociopath, etc.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Aside from the few comments I saw Armas make about Abang, has anyone heard a peep about his return (e.g., how he looks, whether he will strictly be a RBII guy, will he get first team minutes, etc.)?  I think this kid has the tools to succeed, but probably not the temperament.  Hope I am wrong though.  Would love to hear that he came back in with a great attitude, is working hard, not acting like a sociopath, etc.

Armas' interview indicated they were thinking the first team.  Forget which day,but he talked about it after one of the practices.  Armas basically said that Abang came back with a better mentality but it was based off of one meeting at the time.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,488 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Armas basically said that Abang came back with a better mentality but it was based off of one meeting at the time.

First impressions ...

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,307 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I'm convinced that we only have him back because we couldn't find anywhere to put him and didn't want to give him away for nothing.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,489 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

I'm convinced that we only have him back because we couldn't anywhere to put him and didn't want to give him away for nothing.

Agreed.
2013 & 2015 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Armas' interview indicated they were thinking the first team.  Forget which day,but he talked about it after one of the practices.  Armas basically said that Abang came back with a better mentality but it was based off of one meeting at the time.

We've talked about coachspeak before. :) Hoping against hope this is not just that.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Huracan more and more

I'm convinced that we only have him back because we couldn't find anywhere to put him and didn't want to give him away for nothing.

I would be shocked if this isn't the case.  They probably couldn't get a loan fee anywhere, and decided we might as well let him train with the first team rather than continuing to pay him to sit at home.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa
The move for the Nigerian (?) player not working out might've also prompted it.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,104 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Suleiman Abdullahi's team would've wanted a transfer fee, but in the end, the Nigerian guy didn't accept the offer. But it seemed that he was interested enough. Would've been an interesting acquisition, cuz the guy plays up top and sometimes on the wing. 2 birds and all that. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users