#1 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Supports:USMNT

Posted 26 April 2008 - 01:10 PM

i know it way off from the start of the season, but i wanna know how the bruins have there two quarterbacks carted off the field on the same day?! one has a partially torn acl and the other a broken foot! WTF!! already giving me bad vibes for the upcoming season. <_<
Twitter

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, Galaxy, LA Kings, ASU, Notre Dame(football)

#2 FuzzBall

FuzzBall

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Interests:Football, Fútbol, Fußball, De voetbal, Futebol, フットボール
  • Supports:LA G's, Chelsea F.C.

Posted 26 April 2008 - 01:14 PM

both of the qb's are injury prone. i give ucla another year before they become the second best team in the pac-10.

#3 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy Arsenal

Posted 26 April 2008 - 02:06 PM

both of the qb's are injury prone. i give usc another year before they become the second best team in the pac-10.

#4 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Tottenham hotspur

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:14 PM

i know it way off from the start of the season, but i wanna know how the bruins have there two quarterbacks carted off the field on the same day?! one has a partially torn acl and the other a broken foot! WTF!! already giving me bad vibes for the upcoming season. <_<

and neither of them were due to contact, just freak injuries..

#5 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USMNT, Cruz Azul, USC

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:35 PM

sounds like big problems in westwood . . . is the third string guy even on scholarship?

fuck me, 4 guys in the first round for SC. personally i think there easily could have been 5. i will be shocked if fred davis makes it to the 40th pick. steal of the draft has to be the running back out of illinois. dude is a stud and the steelers as set for a while now.

#6 FuzzBall

FuzzBall

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:50 PM

those injuries happend on back to back plays. wow!

#7 FuzzBall

FuzzBall

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:04 PM

raiders are the worst team in the nfl. raider fan will tell you they are going to win the super bowl this season.

who wants to be a raider?

#8 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:10 PM

raiders are the worst team in the nfl. raider fan will tell you they are going to win the super bowl this season.

who wants to be a raider?

this is the college football forum, not nfl, by the way :)+
Twitter

#9 FuzzBall

FuzzBall

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:26 PM

this is the college football forum, not nfl, by the way :)+

i know. i wasn't sure which forum to put it. the story is about college players.

#10 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:04 PM

sounds like big problems in westwood . . . is the third string guy even on scholarship?

This could be a blessing in disguise. Near perfect timing for a clean break.

Olsen has never come close to delivering on the promise and Cowan's a guy with a huge heart but not enough talent to carry a team.

The #3 and 4 guy's are a redshirt freshman and JC transfer (sophomore) both with pretty good resumes. With a new coach, new coordinator and a slew of new starters, it's might be best to let one of these guys take over and learn the ropes under Chow rather than go one more year with the incumbents. 2008 was probably going to be a learning process anyway. I'm nor giving up on the season already but I won't be expecting much anyway. And if they can pull off a decent season I'll be pleasantly surprised. But I'm looking more towards 2009 and beyond.

#11 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:39 PM

Olsen has never come close to delivering on the promise and Cowan's a guy with a huge heart but not enough talent to carry a team.

The #3 and 4 guy's are a redshirt freshman and JC transfer (sophomore) both with pretty good resumes. With a new coach, new coordinator and a slew of new starters, it's might be best to let one of these guys take over and learn the ropes under Chow rather than go one more year with the incumbents. 2008 was probably going to be a learning process anyway. I'm nor giving up on the season already but I won't be expecting much anyway. And if they can pull off a decent season I'll be pleasantly surprised. But I'm looking more towards 2009 and beyond.

you make a good point. it was just frustrating to hear. but, i am expecting a solid season anything less would be a disappointment.
Twitter

#12 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Tottenham hotspur

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:38 PM

many reports say chow was disgusted at the play of both of them anyway. You could see Rashaan again and just go through a year of growing pains,

#13 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:05 PM

cowan had acl surgery and is out for the season.
Twitter

#14 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USMNT, Cruz Azul, USC

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:20 PM

clean break . . . lol . . . had to laugh a little at the pun in that. but i agree totally, rarely do you see a qb make a good transition between different offensive systems.

question . . .

what kind of offensive did dorrell run? honestly, the O was so bad i have a hard time remembering what type of O it was (aside from ineffective and boring). rick did keep the D coordinator correct? that guy is good, and as i recall he stayed at ucla. if that is true, i expect a .500 season next year. i mean hell, how much worse could the offense get than it was under dorrell?

seems like the ucla folks are really amped up about chow. personally, the most i remember of him was getting frustrated as hell at his predictable conservative play calling. i honestly think rick brought in chow to land big recriuts immediately, and in 2 or 3 seasons chow will be gone.

but that is my opinion, and i am not a chow believer. i felt all along the only thing chow did for PC was give him instant O recruitability . . . the same thing that he is giving to rick. once rick gets his system in place, the bitching and crying of chow will become a liability (then chow will take a 'promotion' to some other program).

#15 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:03 PM

Dorrell tried to install the West Coast O but it was apparently too tough for most guys to grasp, especially the QBs. Drew Olsen didn't really figure it out entirely til his senior and then he tore it up. I think they aberaged 40+ points/game and Olson had 30+ touchdowns and only 6 interceptions... 3 of which I believe came against SC in the shellacking in '05. So, one really good year in 5.... sayonara.

Yeah, the D-coord, Walker came back. Apparently, he was a big reason they held on to most of their recruits.

And I agree with you on the Chow comments.

UCLA. Where the motto is "Playing for 8-4 and a Sun Bowl since forever!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users