#1 Cristobal Guillermo

Cristobal Guillermo

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,817 posts
  • Supports:GaLAxy, USWNT, Reign, Tacoma Stars

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:41 PM

Some good news for the Gs: Sporking KC beats Fake Salt Lake at home, 2-0. KC's first goal was especially nifty, as Espinoza dribbled through a mess of people, including a couple of team-mates who otherwise could have been in an offside position, before taking his shot.

Philly and the Chicagoons tie 1-1.

Speaking of Philly, has anyone heard why Fish left?

Proud "been a fan since '96" douchenozzle

Cogito me cogitare, ergo cogito me esse. Et futuito istam pullam!

http://www.nybooks.c.../15/our-moloch/

#2 Cristobal Guillermo

Cristobal Guillermo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,817 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:49 PM

Brian Mullan just blasted a humongous golazo to give the Crapids the lead over the Crew (like, what, 58 minutes in? I need glasses).

Cummings makes it 2-0 off an assist from Nyassi in the 80th minute. And 2-0 is how it ends. Bleagh.

#3 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • Interests:The Beautiful Game & Ugly Tales
  • Supports:GALAXY!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:53 PM

Bleagh.

Bullethead goes down and Crapids go on a goal scoring, game winning roll.
"That's life." -Bruce Arena

"There's no easy games in The MLS." -Robbie Keane

See You Later, My Friend!

#4 samoabob

samoabob

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • Supports:LA GALAXY! Liverpool FC

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:33 AM

just watched the recap from Chicago and Columbus. The East is a mess this year. How is Cbus in 1st? They are terrible.

#5 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:40 AM

just watched the recap from Chicago and Columbus. The East is a mess this year. How is Cbus in 1st? They are terrible.

On the other hand, 1st in the East has an easier path to the final. On the other other hand, the 4th or 5th place team from the West (at this point most likely from Colorado, RSL or Seattle) could be the favorite to win the East, although they would have to do it on the road.

#6 Cristobal Guillermo

Cristobal Guillermo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,817 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:40 PM

So far today:

The Revs once again demonstrated their utter worthlessness by losing 3-2 to the goats at home.

Osama de Rosario scored a hat trick but DCU still had to settle for a 3-3 tie with Toronto. They ran a graphic that DC leads the league in penalty kick goals with 6, but failed to mention the correlation with DC's being a bunch of utterly shameless divers.

Good news: KC leads Seattle 1-0 at halftime. Less good news: Fake Salt Lake leads the Dead Bulls 1-0 after half an hour. Meh news: Philly leads Houston 1-0 after 72 minutes (But then Houston managed to tie things up just before the end).

Fuck KC with a rusty chainsaw: They give up a goal to Rosales in the 90th minute, then let him assist another goal in the 92nd. Seattle wins 2-1, because KC fucking sucks.

Salt Lake beats NY 3-0.

#7 Cristobal Guillermo

Cristobal Guillermo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,817 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:29 AM

I caught Portland at San Jose after the G game. Portland led most of the way off a Kenny Cooper goal and I was ready to comment that it looked like the Timbers really have found their stride again (which would make Wednesday's game a little less horrific). Then Alan Gordon came off the bench got a tying goal for the AfterSmurfs. A tie between two other teams is never bad, of course.

#8 BassplayersFC

BassplayersFC

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,514 posts
  • Supports:B&GFC

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:02 PM

Damn.

#9 Catamount

Catamount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:38 PM

Damn.

Not buying the red card for that. Two footed, yes! Studs up, no! Over the ball, no! Knees bent to cushion the blow. Another DP had worse tackles than that and received just a yellow.

#10 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:52 PM

Not buying the red card for that. Two footed, yes! Studs up, no! Over the ball, no! Knees bent to cushion the blow. Another DP had worse tackles than that and received just a yellow.

Doesn't make it right. That was pretty nasty. If Noonan's feet are planted, his shin is shattered. Any two footed tackle should equal an automatic red. I've never seen somebody go in two footed who wasn't looking to do some damage.

And Mr. Beckham should probably have two or three reds to his name this season for overly aggressive poorly timed tackles.

#11 Catamount

Catamount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:27 AM

Doesn't make it right. That was pretty nasty. If Noonan's feet are planted, his shin is shattered. Any two footed tackle should equal an automatic red. I've never seen somebody go in two footed who wasn't looking to do some damage.

And Mr. Beckham should probably have two or three reds to his name this season for overly aggressive poorly timed tackles.

If Mr. B gets the red card then I will agree that Bravo should as well. I'll give you that. Comparing the two, I thought Bravo's was less dangerous than several from the Galaxy DP. :cheers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users