66 replies to this topic

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro
He's has a big drop in form past few weeks. Not sure why, but def been noticeable.

#RedBullOut

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Pretty much the whole team was garbage. Lets wait till next week to see how they respond.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

This thread has the pessimistic, sarcastic bitching that I've been missing on MF!  :D

That being said, Parker is one of the most important players on the team and has been awesome most of the season.

And what is all this about? I must have missed an epic meltdown.

He posted this in the DC game thread...

"Parker has been a lazy player all season long. He doesnt care nor tries to care about the team history as well when talking to him during season ticket holder events. This is a key sign the player is there for a paycheck. He will kill our chances to win the shield and the MLS Cup and will give zero fucks about it."

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

He's has a big drop in form past few weeks. Not sure why, but def been noticeable.

hmmmm... what changed here a few weeks ago?   What could it be?   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Tim "Abomination" Parker vs. Yeti "Abominable Snowman" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeti

an ape-like entity? he certainly is as strong as an ape. CHECK,

taller than an average human? dude is huge. CHECK

that is said to inhabit the Himalayan region of Nepal, Bhutan, and Tibet.  Fake news. Tim is a local guy.

Tim Parker confirmed NOT to be the Abomination Snowman.

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Tim "Abomination" Parker vs. Yeti "Abominable Snowman" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeti

an ape-like entity? he certainly is as strong as an ape. CHECK,

taller than an average human? dude is huge. CHECK

that is said to inhabit the Himalayan region of Nepal, Bhutan, and Tibet.  Fake news. Tim is a local guy.

Tim Parker confirmed NOT to be the Abomination Snowman.

Do we actually know where Tim Parker lives in the offseason? This is still an open case.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

those massive dorms at SJU. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

His problem is probably due to all the disruption and construction on the LIRR from Hicksville.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

PTSD from all the LI Jr Soccer League matches from back in the day. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

God damn did Parker cut you off in traffic or something? 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

The Parker acquisition is the reason we have one of the top defenses in MLS. Considering the system we run, I think that's even more impressive. 

He's more than earned a clunker here and there.  All comes down to when it really matters in the playoffs as well.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

I just see things differently I guess. Maybe I am wrong. But he just gives me that feeling that he really doesnt care. I wish Parker the best. I root for him everyday. Also for the guy who called me out for calling out Curtis in front of his kid. Yes, I publicly apologized for that comment at a town hall event while looking into Curtis' eyes. It was wrong of me to do that in front of his kids. I am not perfect. But I can tell you this. I am loyal. I have been on this site since 2010. I have been attending matches since the Caricola game in 1996. I will have cynical eyes on this team until we reach the promise land and win the MLS cup, or I may die bitter that it didn't happen in my lifetime.  Maybe I am a little over the top in my comments but I wish all 11 on the field the best when they are on the field and I hope Parker and all members of Metro have an allstar performance when on the pitch. 

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Parker is a very good player.

Im not sure there are 5 CB i would rather have from mls.

Does he make mistakes, yes. Does he always do the right thing, no.

But unless were signing Godin or Ramos, who guess what get beat / do stupid shit too this is our guy and our season will probably come down to him shutting down villa or Martinez so I suggest you Root for THE BEST TEAM TTHIS CLUB HAS EVER HAD.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

to be honest, i think armas should run a back up squad in the next game. the team looks very tired or beat up in the last two games. i think fatigue is starting to kick there butt. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

This thread has the pessimistic, sarcastic bitching that I've been missing on MF!  :D

This is even better, used to be you needed to lose a semi-important game to get a thread like this. This is coming after a tie away from home against a red hot team where the player in question was only reasonably at fault for one goal.

I'd ask what Tim Parker did to this guy but at this point I'm more worried about what this guy might do to Tim Parker...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users