• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.

Yeah, but just like Arsenal14 said above about Martial vs Giovinco, Insigne is playing regularly for Napoli. Transfermarkt currently values him at 60 million. He's just as far fetched as Martial. Both of those guys highest valuation occurred in this past winter transfer window. Transfermarkt values Martial at 65 million. Giovinco, on the other hand was valued at 8 million just before signing with Toronto. His peak value was two years earlier at 21 million, just after he signed for Juve. Transfermarkt isn't the be all and end all, but there is an enormous difference between those situations.

The "next Giovinco" will be someone from a top tier club who has been frozen out at both the club and international level. I'm not sure who a good candidate is right now, but it's certainly not Martial or Insigne.

agreed its gotta be someone frozen out of the club and maybe a fringe international player.

Or I'd prefer if they go get a successful u-20 player that isn't on everyone's radar.. For example there are great players in South America and Europe that are underrated but since they aren't English or German or French or Spanish or Brazilian or Argentine they don't get the same buyout clauses or recognition

For example imo

Silva from Lanús or Orlando Berrío or Marlos Moreno just as good or better than Martial... Those guys were huge for their teams winning or going deep into international tournaments.. What has Martial done at Man U yet people who say it would be easier to get Marlos Moreno than Anthony Martial... And that's what Metro should do get the Marlos Moreno players that score 8 goals in copa Libretadores instead of the Anthony Martial's that don't produce as much
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,790 posts
  • Supports:Metro

If you want a guy who can ball, is popular among his peeps and pedigree is solid...Christian Cueva of Sao Paolo FC. Ex-Alianza Lima. I remember when Alianza played in the area about a dozen yrs ago...THEY BROUGHT IT with the aguante.

Cueva's short, so what. So's Rza, and we all seem to really like what he brings. And it seems Cueva can do those things, or be on the wing or in the center. He's 26. I'd imagine he wouldn't be "cheap", no way he's more expensive than what we allegedly bid for Pussetto. Valued the same as Pussetto, less than Kaku. Toluca sold him to SPFC for less than $3m. Could be TAM rather than DP. 

He's the goddamned 10/CAM for Sao Paolo. IIRC, Socrates, Rai and Kaka were as well. Big shoes. 

https://www.transfer...l/spieler/95280

https://www.youtube....h?v=Hlzq4t6UnsE

https://en.wikipedia...Christian_Cueva

This is probably the best idea in the thread... and realistic.

"If they asked me to go back to the academy and coach the U-14s (I would have). I care about this club. It was never false, it always rings true.’" - Red Bull New York Head Coach Michael Petke

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Agreed Cuevas could be a good one, and might even create some buzz around the Peruchos nearby. The wildcard would be how he does in the WC. A strong performance would likely drive him out of our price range. A soft or indifferent performance would keep him as a viable option

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Feeling like throwing out a name today.. Everyone start up their flamethrowers..

I feel like the following person doesn't get enough playing time, yea their older but Metro are lacking the final pass...

Juan Mata..

Mata's only 29 and his contract is up at the end of next season. He would be a fantastic signing.

odsum25

odsum25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Mata's only 29 and his contract is up at the end of next season. He would be a fantastic signing.

And he seems to be a great guy in the locker room.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

He absolutely would be, but he'll have plenty of suitors in Spain and England.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.
Kaku's goal yesterday, Darwin Quintero goal yesterday and Andrés Ibargüen golazo spinning Bradley around and dribbling through 3 guys is why I post in this thread and suggest the guys that I do...

People always say oh no that's not possible it's a pipe dream yet Kaku and Darwin Quintero is proof.. Especially Quintero.. He easily had many suitors back in South America especially Colombia...

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts

And he seems to be a great guy in the locker room.

rumor is he is..

He stays later and helps the equipment personnel bring in the equipment after practice...

I think he's feasible. He'd of course have to be a huge DP contract.

I definitely also like a guy like Yimmi Chara and Silva from Lanus for the June window

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,743 posts
What about Nani? Hes everything we wanted Veron to be. Still only 31. Maybe worth a Ibra type of TAM contract this summer if hes available

5 year plan

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts
I would love if they got Cuevas and Yimmi Chara... I adding them and putting them on the wings with their speed and creativity and have Royer or Kaku as the CAM whoever is playing better... NY will win the Double

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa
Haven't seen Nani play in a while, is he still good? Pedro would make sense too.

guanaco20

guanaco20

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

So it looks like Bobby Wood might not be coming to MLS this summer even though Hamburg will be relegated. Seems that he has a 3 Year contract with Hamburg that will require a significant transfer fee to acquire him. But interestingly, Wood does not have to go thru the Mickey Mouse League player allocation order to come to MLS. Apparently Wood would come in via the Discovery Process and there is a team that owns his "Discovery Rights". Is that RedBull???

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,531 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I only saw him recently in that US game. Didn't look that great, imo. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users