#1 josh24601

josh24601

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:51 PM

We have a lot of angst lately. Let's channel it appropriately.

Tracer will buy a beer for the person who writes the best post explaining why they hate Chivas USA.

Make it personal, angry, funny, nonsensical, articulate, whatever. You chant that you hate them, let's have it.

#2 Cristobal Guillermo

Cristobal Guillermo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,817 posts
  • Supports:GaLAxy, USWNT, Reign, Tacoma Stars

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:02 PM

Tracer will buy a beer for the person who writes the best post explaining why they hate Chivas USA.

Does Tracer know this yet?:P

Anyway, [inner 11-year old]I hate the goats because they think they're cool, and they're so totally not.[/inner 11-year old]

More substantially, their existence is in effect telling all the Eurosnobs and Latinoamericasnobs who think MLS and specifically the Galaxy aren't real soccer that MLS agrees with them, that there needs to be a team just for those people in LA who look down on the Galaxy. Plus, their fans are illiterate, goat-fucking thugs.

Proud "been a fan since '96" douchenozzle

Cogito me cogitare, ergo cogito me esse. Et futuito istam pullam!

http://www.nybooks.c.../15/our-moloch/

#3 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:03 PM

You start.

PS: TOSSER!
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#4 projectx

projectx

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:09 PM

I hate Chivas because they exist.

#5 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US, Newcastle, England

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:15 PM

To begin with - Chivas de Guadalajara associates themselves with the Mexican National team. Any USMNT fan should hate anything remotely associated with Chivas.

Before I ever saw them play a game, I thought the entire idea of a brand extension was pretty stupid, and made MLS look like an inferior junior league to FMF. Having a local rival to hate should be fun, but this team was still born when it came into the league and needs to be euthanized.

Then they came out with the "Adios Soccer. Futbol este aqui!" slogan. That was a mother fucking slap in the face to all American soccer fans.

Finally, I got to meet their fans. As usual, I was open minded towards other cultures, etc. but these are the absolute lowest life forms to ever crawl out of a Mexican sewer. I swear I feel like I'm at a "Cell Block C" reunion whenever I'm around them.

#6 Foose

Foose

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:16 PM

I hate Chivas because while in Middle School/High School I got shit from every 'futbol' fan at my school for supporting the Galaxy and not the real Chivas.

#7 USfootballFAN

USfootballFAN

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Rangers, Arsenal

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:22 PM

I hate them because they're even more of a shameless marketing tool than any other MLS team. Plus they're racist.

#8 bon8017

bon8017

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Just got into soccer a year ago. I play pick up games weekly at work and with meetups. I also like beer and boobs.
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:26 PM

I hate Chivas because they are not an LA team. They are a Mexican Team in LA. I think it's fine if Chivas Mexico wants a team in the MLS but Toronto plays from Canada, why can't Chivas play from Mexico. Fuckin, Chivas Tiajunana!

I hate that they market to Latinos like they didn't have a team to cheer for in the MLS or that they were being ignored. That's crap! Every country plays this sport, not just Mexico! Chivas in Mexico doesn't allow non-mexican born players to play! How would it look if the MLS did that? Well, it would look almost like New England but that's not the point!

anyway, I'm not really in LARS so the 'free beer' doesn't apply. I just wanted a chance to vent, ignor at your leisure.

#9 mumblerlbc

mumblerlbc

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:45 PM

i hate chivas because there fans threw beer at me and force me to beat the shit out of a 35 year old chivas fan who looked 50 because he had been an alcoholic
for the last 15 years , now 16 ... i hope the franchise dies and when i saw i hope there fans die i mean, i hope these bastards die soon ... no long term cancer ,
just a quick blow to the head....

i better win a free beer

#10 9ronaldo9

9ronaldo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts
  • Supports:Garaxy

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:47 PM

I hate them because they bring in more minorities.
I wish my grass was emo...then it would cut itself.

#11 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:48 PM

You start.

PS: TOSSER!

Hah, fair enough.

With some rivalries, I can kind of picture being on the other side. My first big rivalry experience was as a child, growing up a Cal fan, hating Stanford. When I was a little kid, I was convinced they were seriously like, bad people, criminals. But when you get older, you get perspective. I know people who've gone there since, and as I've grown up, while the Big Game will ALWAYS mean a lot, I don't really hate Stanford. I hate USC much more than Stanford.... I grew up hating the Dodgers, and while I can still remember what it felt like to hate Orel Hershiser, Kirk Gibson, Mike Soccia, and all those pricks, I can (sorta) put myself in the shoes of a kid who grew up loving them, and hated Will Clark, etc.

In other words, I am usually able to see through the "hatred" of a rivalry to see the real humanity in the other side. I've even met a FEW okay USC fans (I can still only count them on one hand though).

Not so with Chivas USA. Anybody who is proud to be on that team is somebody that I just can't relate to, the only way that it could be true for a person to be proud to wear that uniform would be if they are a damaged, bent, "bad" person. The fans? Are they all evil? Maybe not, there MUST be some "good folks" in that crowd.... But I doubt it. I can imagine a kid growing up to be a Dodger fan if I grew up in LA, or a Stanford fan if my parents went there, and see how it could have happened to me. I can still hate them and be into the rivalry, but I can recognize that there is a "mirror" me on the other side, and he's probably cool too.

I can't picture anybody I'd feel like knowing or caring about being proud to wear their uniform or back that club. They may be out there, but it's hard to imagine.

The only other team that comes close to this is USC. But this even tops USC, and that says a lot.

#12 LuvKeane

LuvKeane

Player/Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,303 posts
  • Interests:ROY KEANE AND FOOTBALL!!! Musical theatre (Non-Sondheim!)
  • Supports:Broadway & Prawn Sandwich Brigade

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:55 PM

Am I allowed to write a 15-minute musical in 72 hours explaining my reason? Oh wait, I can't go anyways!
WEST END = PRE-BROADWAY TRY-OUTS

#13 mumblerlbc

mumblerlbc

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:58 PM

I hate them because they bring in more minorities.

beaners gonna kick you in the face

#14 Dude Love

Dude Love

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:02 PM

"Stu Gotz" - former bitter Galaxy employee who only shows up to Chivas USA games because he's paid to. The quintessential Chivas USA fan.

Want it both ways - claim to be a multicultural team, but when they get criticized, invariably cry racism.

Shills in the press actually wonder why no one wants to read about them.

Marsch and Kljestan cheap-shot throughout the season, get outfought and outmuscled by fucking Kansas City in the playoffs and blame the refs. In Preki, they have a coach that perfectly represents the organizations total devotion to whining and self-pity.

Leeched their name, their "traditions," their stadium and their very existence from better teams and better fans. There is no one connected to that organization at any level who isn't a complete parasite.

95% of the "crowd" can't name three of their players. The smartest, best-informed Chivas USA fan in the country can only name six.

Shawn Hunter designed the Phoenix Coyotes logo, still claims to know about marketing. Also the brain behind the Vancouver Grizzlies marketing, drove them clean out of the country. Antonio Cue's resume basically consists of washing Doug Hamilton's car.

Union Ultras basically a stream of bloody pus with forty legs and a banner bigger than their section. Almost guaranteed to slink into the ACB or the Galaxians once Chivas USA implodes. Walking, talking arguments for Smallpox Blanket Giveaway Night. Still better than Legion 1908 KKKalifas.

#15 Riggs.

Riggs.

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, your mother

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:33 PM

Chivas USA marketing tactics are damn divisive. They basically came in and shamelessy tried to win over fans by saying that they were the "Mexican" team and likening the Galaxy to the "gringos." For that they can kiss my ass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users