http://philadelphia....AghpJu0.twitter

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

NO!!!!!!!!  They should keep Nick Sack a little longer.  There are still a few Philly fans left to alienate.

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

you can only fake the funk for so long

5 year plan

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
U.S. Open Cup run couldn't save him..

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I know it's NMR, but :) :) :)

http://philadelphia....AghpJu0.twitter

How soon?  60 to 90 days?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Philly kicks Sak. Great headline for tomorrow. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Too bad that his plan to hire OZ as Sporting Director never came through...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Damn, can't NYCFC or DC or the Mexican national team hire this guy?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

mexico might hire JCO

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

I bought tickets through them for an away game once and they won't take me off their mailing list.... 

Dear JUBERISH, 

I want to share some news with you directly.  We are making a change in the front office and parting ways with Nick Sakiewicz.  In the interim, Dave Rowan, current Chief Revenue Officer, will oversee day to day business operations.  Nick was instrumental in helping bring a team to Philadelphia and building our organization from the ground up, and we thank him for the dedication and perseverance he showed in those efforts and his passion for the club. 

Now it’s time for a new era of progress to begin.

Last year it was apparent our organizational structure needed to change in order to provide a stronger and more focused sporting direction for the Union.  Our plan was to bring aboard a Sporting Director with significant experience to add to the MLS knowledge of Jim Curtin and Chris Albright and help us materially improve our player acquisition processes, player evaluation methods and player development capabilities.  In addition, we wanted clear lines of responsibility throughout the organization, with our Youth Academy, USL team, and First Team all reporting up to a strong Sporting Director with a clear plan and a defined competitive strategy to guide recruitment, training, and teaching at all levels.

Unfortunately, we have not been able to fill this role yet.  We are committed to finding the right person for the Sporting Director position, and we want this person in place as soon as possible, to impact the upcoming player decisions needed to strengthen our roster and to oversee increased integration of all soccer operations. We are working to have this role filled by the end of the year.

In the meantime we have continued to invest in the foundation of the Club.  Over the past two years, Ownership has committed over $15 million in capital to areas that we believe are critical to building long-term success.  The new training fields, new First Team Training Center, new USL team, and increased Academy commitments are all part of a plan to put in place the infrastructure necessary for success, and set the table for better performance on the field.  Now we need to attract a leader and an architect on the sporting side who can build on these investments and develop a strategy that will give us an edge in the league going forward.

One last, important, thing:  I and the other owners want to assure you that we are committed to winning.  We can also assure you that we will make mistakes - but we will acknowledge them, learn from them, and correct them until we succeed.  Your loyal support as we enter this new era is critical, and we remain deeply grateful for your continued commitment as we make the Philadelphia Union a team we are all proud of.

My sincere thanks,

Jay Sugarman
Chairman

ediddy

ediddy

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Remember when Sacko played goalie for Nantes?

I used to have a couple of funny things here but I can no longer find them.

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

I bought tickets through them for an away game once and they won't take me off their mailing list.... 

You too? I somehow received the same letter...

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

I only have one thing to say... Karma's a big, bad bitch ain't she, motherfucker? That's what you get for screwing with us for that US Open Cup match.

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

MichaelMejido

MichaelMejido

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

sakiewicz.jpg

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members