128 replies to this topic

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts
  • Supports:Metro

This team is lacking a leader on the field.

Absolutely.

Not sure how to fix that in the here and now short of adding a guy like Dax or Felipe back. Maybe give the armband to Taxi?

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

You weren't alarmed by our prior match vs OC where the second half looked like a friendly between Barcelona and Hartford Athletic?

Theres a difference between an ugly win on the road and losing at home, where were typically dominant, to one of the worst road teams, and worst teams overall, in the entire league.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,825 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Lowlights: https://m.youtube.co...h?v=mPjmRh-mcC8

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,779 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Theres a difference between an ugly win on the road and losing at home, where were typically dominant, to one of the worst road teams, and worst teams overall, in the entire league.

Against a team that literally averaged less than a goal a game

Gave up 4 corner kicks in the first 10 minutes. Allowed 3 goals. Allowed at least 3-4 other clear cute opportunities. Columbus easily could have scored 5 or 6.

All 4 defenders in their prime back from last year.

Arms is a bad head coach unfortunately.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,983 posts

Against a team that literally averaged less than a goal a game

Gave up 4 corner kicks in the first 10 minutes. Allowed 3 goals. Allowed at least 3-4 other clear cute opportunities. Columbus easily could have scored 5 or 6.

All 4 defenders in their prime back from last year.

Arms is a bad head coach unfortunately.

lol - how about the back 4 is playing like they are auditioning for jobs in Cincinnati.

Although I have to say why the heck was a lot of our offense running through our replacement Left Back in Tarek? 

The guy was getting further forward then Royer.  And why the heck did they not adjust after the first brake away and/or goal when he was out of position?

Tarek should have been more stay at home.  Or maybe that is why he got pulled. 

Shep hit it right on the head - No one tracking the 2nd runner on all 3 goals!!!!@@!@!@

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

The curse of the year ending in 9 is really starting to show. The back of the pack is starting to make moves towards a playoff position. Teams like Toronto, Montreal, and New England could potentially knock us out of the playoffs for the first time since 2009.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,070 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

https://www.onceamet...-york-red-bulls

If Taxi was fully fit then yeah it is a puzzling move on his part, but I think this is harsh on Tarek who was imo the only one of the back six that wasn't a total disaster. He was great going forward, two of out seven completed crosses is damn good for a fullback, a few of the incomplete ones were still put in good spots, and one should have lead to a goal if not for White being half a second late to it. I think he's catching a lot of blame for what was really Aaron Long's worst game as a Red Bull by miles and a completely non existent central midfield on the defensive side of the ball.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,825 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
The back 4 need to play as a cohesive unit.
We did not see that on Sunday.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,983 posts

If Taxi was fully fit then yeah it is a puzzling move on his part, but I think this is harsh on Tarek who was imo the only one of the back six that wasn't a total disaster. He was great going forward, two of out seven completed crosses is damn good for a fullback, a few of the incomplete ones were still put in good spots, and one should have lead to a goal if not for White being half a second late to it. I think he's catching a lot of blame for what was really Aaron Long's worst game as a Red Bull by miles and a completely non existent central midfield on the defensive side of the ball.

Not Harsh as Left Back primary role is DEFENDER.  

Granted we don't know what the Game Plan and instructions from Armas.  

If Tarek was given the freedom to get forward he needed to make sure he was back which he didn't .  Tarek can cross a good ball. 

Why our play or game plan was centered around a replacement Left Back when he was facing off against Harrison Afful is hard to understand.  Maybe they wanted to try to pin Afful back but that guy is good and fast.  

Agree worst game by Long by a longshot.  Murrillo game was weak (2nd goal) and RZA not getting GOAL SIDE on the 3rd was poot.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users