Giants3b

Giants3b

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:laying in the dirt
  • Supports:San Francisco Giants

I hope everyone packed enough sunscreen for the trip.

The last thing we need is Rafa to be out for a week due to sunburn.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
"You aren't tanning at my level"

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

The last thing we need is Rafa to be out for a week due to sunburn.

Don't give Nielsen any ideas, with his fair Nordic complexion I'm sure he's trolling for a new IR scam.

opivy1808

opivy1808

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Supports:rbny

All of this above. If it happens (and that's a big if) it will be only a matter of time before he doesn't report to training or a game. Maybe it'll be when sees first hand that MLS is nowhere near the BPL in terms of talent or maybe when he sees we don't even have a proper training facility. As Father Ted (great name btw!) said, he's immature and a big baby. I will also add in very posh. He completely fucked the Ireland squad a few years back, would you guys want someone on the team that has a history of that? Surely there's a Javier Morales type of player down in South America itching to get up here to play.

Posted Image

yes please

eightyhoursaway

eightyhoursaway

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Celtic

Posted Image

yes please

well he fucked ireland too haha
"What these players have to realize, is that when you put on the Celtic jersey you're not playing for a football team, you're playing for a community and a cause" - Tommy Burns

C.O.Jones

C.O.Jones

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Supports:CF Cadiz

Don't give Nielsen any ideas, with his fair Nordic complexion I'm sure he's trolling for a new IR scam.

Posted Image
SUNBLEACHED...the ultimate tan.....

Calcio20

Calcio20

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars FC Juve USMNT

the logjam/depth issue would be great for an actual Cup run. I look forward to it. Agudelo and Cooper up top against avg competition? should be fun to watch.

Can we play FCNY again? Doh.

I want Harrisburgh .

NewcastleEnergyDrink

NewcastleEnergyDrink

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Newcastle United, USA
Hearing rumors that he was subbed off at halftime today because of a bust up with Mcleish.

hmmmmm
Why Soccer is better than Baseball:

Soccer is a game about a group of people working together to protect and obtain a common goal.

Baseball is a game with a bunch of babies just trying to run "home" and be "safe"

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Hearing rumors that he was subbed off at halftime today because of a bust up with Mcleish.

hmmmmm

"Fuck you, buddy. I have a Swedish guy that's dying to have me."

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

"Fuck you, buddy. I have a Swedish guy that's dying to have me."

Careful what you wish for. I watched the first half of that game and while he was decent, but not a standout in the attack, he was lazy on the defense and let himself get stripped more than once. Keane showed more hustle and drive tnan Ireland. Just one half so I won't overstate things, but he was no "revelation".

matador

matador

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts
  • Supports:metro, USMNT

Careful what you wish for. I watched the first half of that game and while he was decent, but not a standout in the attack, he was lazy on the defense and let himself get stripped more than once. Keane showed more hustle and drive tnan Ireland. Just one half so I won't overstate things, but he was no "revelation".

If he was an amazing attacking dynamo with an incredible work rate on both ends of the pitch, while leading an exemplary and totally mentally stable life off the pitch he probably wouldnt be rumored to be headed to mls from the epl at the ripe old age of 25.

I dont actually see him coming here, because he is too young and good for this to make sense, but if a player is going to leave the epl (or any big league for that matter) to come here there must be a reason. Usually its age, but if Irelands going to come here it must be something else.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

If he was an amazing attacking dynamo with an incredible work rate on both ends of the pitch, while leading an exemplary and totally mentally stable life off the pitch he probably wouldnt be rumored to be headed to mls from the epl at the ripe old age of 25.

I dont actually see him coming here, because he is too young and good for this to make sense, but if a player is going to leave the epl (or any big league for that matter) to come here there must be a reason. Usually its age, but if Irelands going to come here it must be something else.

I don't think we are getting him either, never did, but we need a dynamo in the middle of the field and what I saw yesterday was no dynamo. These labels like "attacking" and "defending" can be misleading. You need midfielders who do both. If you are not good at one than you better be spectacular at the other. What I saw from Ireland was too much passivity off the ball and no real desire to pressure when the other team had the ball.

You are correct that we are not going to get the "perfect" player, but what we need in our CM is someone who you can play through because they seem to be always in or near the mix. What impressed me about Keane in comparison to Ireland was that despite his age he was constantly in the mix. That showed an active, hungry player not satisfied with a role, ie a positional label, but was focussed on winning the game and therefore always in motion.

LA could be scary in attack this year becasue now that Keane has had his MLS adjustment period, he could be set to have a better year than last.

That said, I think Tainio, Solli and Rodgers (god willing) will have better seasons with us now that they themselves have a year under their belts.

JerseyFan

JerseyFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USA
Told the manager to F off

AS LONG AS I'M BREATHING

DHatch

DHatch

Site Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts
  • Supports:Mighty Metros

Told the manager to F off

Good. Makes it easier for us to obtain his services!

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
If it was just Ireland having problems with the manager then I'd be more concerned, but it looks as though there are a few players on Villa who have issues.

And as mentioned, the Red Bulls are absolutely not going to be able to get any perfect player over here... If they are that flawless, then they wouldn't be looking at the possibility of coming over.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users