365 replies to this topic

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

In a vacuum, perhaps this was the right time to let Kemar go. But to enter 2020 with a draft pick at LB (that you gave up GAM to draft), and then giving the very very very below average Jason Pendant a 3-yaer deal really says all about Hamlett that needs to be said.

Correct

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

That one is quite up to interpretation. I think they handled that situation horribly. 

Have you read any of the reports about Taxis behavior at Anderlicht. Or maybe how Marsch covered up some of his absences? I love Taxi and he was great here. But he wanted to move and he pushed for it. Unless youre saying we should have sold him sooner.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

In a vacuum, perhaps this was the right time to let Kemar go. But to enter 2020 with a draft pick at LB (that you gave up GAM to draft), and then giving the very very very below average Jason Pendant a 3-yaer deal really says all about Hamlett that needs to be said.

That sums up Hmaletts issues perfectly. Moving on from Robles, BWP, & Taxi wasnt the issue. Replacing them with guys that arent MLS players was.

Right Back

Right Back

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Interests:RedBullOut
  • Supports:Metro, RedBullOut

Have you read any of the reports about Taxis behavior at Anderlicht. Or maybe how Marsch covered up some of his absences? I love Taxi and he was great here. But he wanted to move and he pushed for it. Unless youre saying we should have sold him sooner.

Basically yes, 2018 offseason would have made the most sense to move him. Held on a year too long and his stock dropped. Additionally, what I've read about Anderlecht mainly relates to missing time for family stuff and having to take care of his brother's healthcare. I'm hesitant to pass judgement on a guy who is carrying that sort of weight/responsibility. If there was something else that he got in trouble for there I haven't read about it.

Slight amendment: For some reason I had it in my head we sold for $750,000, not $1.5 million. I still think we botched it some, but that is a better return for sure. 

#RedBullOut

Rats get fat, good men die.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Basically yes, 2018 offseason would have made the most sense to move him. Held on a year too long and his stock dropped. Additionally, what I've read about Anderlecht mainly relates to missing time for family stuff and having to take care of his brother's healthcare. I'm hesitant to pass judgement on a guy who is carrying that sort of weight/responsibility. If there was something else that he got in trouble for there I haven't read about it. 

There were rumors of similar behavior when he played here. He'd reportedly just go completely AWOL over international breaks and return late to NY. I only recall one obvious instance where we played Philly after an international break, Blake was starting for Philly and Taxi was absent for us.

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Supports:Metro

There were rumors of similar behavior when he played here. He'd reportedly just go completely AWOL over international breaks and return late to NY. I only recall one obvious instance where we played Philly after an international break, Blake was starting for Philly and Taxi was absent for us.

Carnival!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users