How Many Red Bulls Make the All Star Roster?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,608 posts
  • Supports:Metro

You're still missing the part where a decent chunk of the general fan base actually has fun watching the game itself too

Thats the disconnect. I just dont understand that.

1TeamInNY

1TeamInNY

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, USWNT

Chose not to watch this year. Any reasons to have watched?  I read there were live interviews. The ones on the mls site were ok.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

Chose not to watch this year. Any reasons to have watched?  I read there were live interviews. The ones on the mls site were ok.

watched 10 min - not that interesting

SKILLS Challenge on Tuesday was very fun and Nani won it on a buzzer beater.

Homegrown game - Omir scored.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

i watched like 30 mins.  pretty boring friendly.  i think MLS had 1 shot the entire time i watched. 

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

You didn't miss much if you didn't watch. Atletico Madrid is really not the best team to play in a friendly like this. They are a defensive team that is hard to score against.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
I really hope they move back to East v West.
The international teams really don't draw like they had in the past (see recent ICC attendance) and it's such a bad look year after year that our entire league's best players who are in form (albeit haven't played much together) struggle against a single team that's in preseason.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,107 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I'd like to see penalty shootouts replaced with the skills competition.

Also, sometime in the second half there should be multi-ball.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

I really hope they move back to East v West.
The international teams really don't draw like they had in the past (see recent ICC attendance) and it's such a bad look year after year that our entire league's best players who are in form (albeit haven't played much together) struggle against a single team that's in preseason.

How in form the players are means nothing when they are assembled in a pickup squad.

It's not like Vela was being coached by his manager and playing with all his other LAFC teammates last night.

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,779 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I was looking forward to it and watched the entire game. It was one of the worst all star games Ive ever seen. Really boring.

Huge disappointment.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users