#1 imposs1ble

imposs1ble

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USMNT

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:03 PM

What's up, my name's Rob - I've been a long-time troller on this site and finally decided to sign up. I went to the US-Mexico gamewatch at Grunion's and met some of the LARS guys, who convinced me to get in on it.

I moved to LA after college a little over two years ago. I'm a huge sports fan but hate pretty much all LA teams, so I needed to find something else to follow while I was out here. I've played soccer my entire life and follow the National Team pretty closely, so some friends and I decided that picking up with the Galaxy was a natural fit. We started going to games last spring and had a blast, and I've been following the squad ever since.

I'm looking forward to getting to know more G's fans and maybe going on a road trip or two this summer.

And for the record, allegiances in other sports: Notre Dame, St. Louis Cardinals, San Antonio Spurs, St. Louis Blues.

#2 jamesey

jamesey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • Supports:LA/USA

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:34 PM

What's up, my name's Rob - I've been a long-time troller on this site and finally decided to sign up. I went to the US-Mexico gamewatch at Grunion's and met some of the LARS guys, who convinced me to get in on it.

I moved to LA after college a little over two years ago. I'm a huge sports fan but hate pretty much all LA teams, so I needed to find something else to follow while I was out here. I've played soccer my entire life and follow the National Team pretty closely, so some friends and I decided that picking up with the Galaxy was a natural fit. We started going to games last spring and had a blast, and I've been following the squad ever since.

I'm looking forward to getting to know more G's fans and maybe going on a road trip or two this summer.

And for the record, allegiances in other sports: Notre Dame, St. Louis Cardinals, San Antonio Spurs, St. Louis Blues.

welcome. You get your tattoo and microchip at the first home match. Please shave all body hair below the neck before that date.

...ooooh ooooooooh we are the riot squad...

#3 gala_usa

gala_usa

Noob fo' lyfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles, USA, Bud Light

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:46 PM

Welcome... and jamesy is kidding... just get Tommy a beer... and a baggie full of pubes...
Lakers (16x Champs) Dodgers (6x Champs) Galaxy (4x Champs) Broncos (2x Champs) LA Kings (2012 Stanley Cup Champs)
USMNT (One day, one day...)
Budlight (Weekend Champ)

It doesn't matter how simplistic you make your point, there will be someone who misunderstands you.

#4 imposs1ble

imposs1ble

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:11 PM

just get Tommy a beer... and a baggie full of pubes...

will he want them separately or together?

#5 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:32 PM

Welcome brotha! May I ask are you from St.Louis?
Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

#6 VALER1E137

VALER1E137

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Supports:LA GALAXY

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:54 PM

Welcome! It was nice meeting you yesterday

#7 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Tottenham hotspur

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:00 PM

St. Louis Blues.

ouch. damn you don koharski

#8 imposs1ble

imposs1ble

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:35 PM

May I ask are you from St.Louis?

I was born in St Louis and have a ton of family there still, but I moved around a lot as a kid, and spent more time in south Texas than anywhere else.

I'd love to see STL get in on the next round of MLS expansion - that place is ripe for it. And it'd be nice to be on opposing sides of a rivalry with the people i know there.

#9 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:56 PM

I was born in St Louis and have a ton of family there still, but I moved around a lot as a kid, and spent more time in south Texas than anywhere else.

I'd love to see STL get in on the next round of MLS expansion - that place is ripe for it. And it'd be nice to be on opposing sides of a rivalry with the people i know there.

Awesome, I too want to see St.Louis get a team, all my whitey side of the family is from STL and I still have a lot of people who live there.
Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

#10 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:18 PM

Hey Rob-newb,
Good to meet you and your buddy last night.
See you around.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#11 TommyMack

TommyMack

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:53 AM

Hey newb, first I will stuff you into the trunk of a 1983 Mercedes diesel. Then you'll be driven and dumped into a 5'x5' cement cell with no ventilation, blinding lights that never turn off, and only putrid milk for sustenance for three days straight. Then, you'll be strapped to a table as sewing needles are pushed into the flesh underneath your fingernails (which, due to infection will fall out in a week or two). For fun, your hands will not only be bound, but superglued behind your back, making it impossible for you to sit or attempt sleep comfortably. You will then be forced to "lick" a red-hot waffle iron scorching your tongue into charred bits, hence making eating and drinking in the future an agonizing experience... if possible at all. Your head will be strapped tight to a board and steel wool pads will be used to scrape the corneas of your eyes.

The kicker? While all this is going on, the music of CHER will be blasted through speakers in the cell.

I'm sorry, but this is standard.

But it can be avoided by buying me a beer. Leave the pubes though, that's some LARS member being a bit twisted.

Tommy Mack

#12 franknstein

franknstein

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:08 AM

Hey newb, first I will stuff you into the trunk of a 1983 Mercedes diesel. Then you'll be driven and dumped into a 5'x5' cement cell with no ventilation, blinding lights that never turn off, and only putrid milk for sustenance for three days straight. Then, you'll be strapped to a table as sewing needles are pushed into the flesh underneath your fingernails (which, due to infection will fall out in a week or two). For fun, your hands will not only be bound, but superglued behind your back, making it impossible for you to sit or attempt sleep comfortably. You will then be forced to "lick" a red-hot waffle iron scorching your tongue into charred bits, hence making eating and drinking in the future an agonizing experience... if possible at all. Your head will be strapped tight to a board and steel wool pads will be used to scrape the corneas of your eyes.

I'm a little worried now Tommy...
Cuz, man, have you seen the women in Liverpool? Sea scags, man.- Calexico

#13 BARON DE BELTER

BARON DE BELTER

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts
  • Supports:LFC, DFB, WINGS

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:01 AM

Yeah, only a serial killer or potential serial killer could think of things like that, just sayin.
HIKING METAL PUNX

#14 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:13 AM

I'm sorry, but this is standard.

Tommy Mack

You really have a way with the new guys.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#15 imposs1ble

imposs1ble

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:25 PM

as long as the Cher selections are pre-"Mask" I think I'll be cool.

...plus, I was going to spit in his beer anyway

:pint:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users