19 replies to this topic

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I understand it was just one game, but given the performance from Ndam I think it's time he gets an opportunity in league play. I'd like to see what he can offer there which would make AC expendable. 

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Collin is such a wildcard these days, even by his standards, that I can't see anyone having a problem with Ndam battling Escobar for 3rd string minutes for the rest of the year.

Trying to decide who had the more impressive debut this year - Duncan or Ndam. I'm leaning Ndam.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I think Ndam can be a solid #3/#4 for us. That said, there's probably no need for or a huge instant benefit from letting Collin go before the end of the year when I believe his contract expires anyway.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Duncan def impressed more, but that's only because he had an amazing debut. Ndam was shaky at times but the good more than outweighed the bad.  i think if he continues playing well, we definitely make a more permanent return to the 3-3-3-1 sooner rather than later. 

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

He's good but like any young player he is error prone.

Ive watched all RB2 this year and he has the physical and even mental tools he is still really raw. Ease him into it, probs start against Philly, but Parker - Long is so damn solid I cant see him breaking that up.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Ive watched all RB2 this year and he has the physical and even mental tools he is still really raw. Ease him into it, probs start against Philly, but Parker - Long is so damn solid I cant see him breaking that up.

This.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
Unless Ndam has improved leaps and bounds since the start of this season, playing Redding over him in that game at Orlando looks like an even bigger error in judgement.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Better yet, give him another start against Seattle on Wednesday, for multiple reasons. Seattle has been by far the most toothless attack in the league this year and I believe all of us place more value on the Philly game. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts

Unless Ndam has improved leaps and bounds since the start of this season, playing Redding over him in that game at Orlando looks like an even bigger error in judgement.

Based on Reddings MLS experience last year, this was a smart choice. He has just been awful this year but it was really early then.
Plus our INTL spots at the time made this nearly impossible.

@CurseofCaricola

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Also, having Ndam play with the first team in MLS means thst another international would have to be loaned to II. I'm not sure who that would be at this point.

Collin, who now has a green card, is valuable as a 3rd or 4th CB.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts

Also, having Ndam play with the first team in MLS means thst another international would have to be loaned to II. I'm not sure who that would be at this point.

Collin, who now has a green card, is valuable as a 3rd or 4th CB.

Just Casseres now. With Collin and Taxi getting green cards we are good.

@CurseofCaricola

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Just Casseres now. With Collin and Taxi getting green cards we are good.

They only have 8 intl slots this year, due to the Felipe trade.

Kaku, Murillo, Escobar, Royer, Rzat, Valot, Bezecourt, and Rivas take them up at the moment. Or do any of those guys hVe green cards? Rivas is the only possiblity, I think.

Edit: Never mind. Looks like Rivas does have one. Didn't realize that.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Rivas got his when he was with ORL, it's prob what made his acquisition "worthy". 

Ndam is raw, looks like he's putting it together, but not totally ready, imo. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
He can still develop but first start helps shut out David Villa, didnt look overwhelmed and had goal line clearance. Give him the next couple games then back to NYRB2 for more development. Keep Collin till end of year because he can put in a good shift and its. It really hurting anything.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
He needs to work on his passing. I felt like he took too many risk and if those passes were intercepted it would of been a 1 on 1 with gk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users