62 replies to this topic

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I dont think clark will see the midfield if yearwood, davis, casseres, amaya and diarra are healthy and fit. They are all much better at the press, passing and defense

Casseres should be dropped he is lazy when tracking back and is sloppy in his actions even if they come off. The midfield will see a lot of rotation and Diarra is on going have his load managed

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Casseres should be dropped he is lazy when tracking back and is sloppy in his actions even if they come off. The midfield will see a lot of rotation and Diarra is on going have his load managed

on TV it seemed like casseres was breaking up plays and hustling. his weakness is his passing but its not terrible.  his role is to disrupt and give the ball to one of the other midfielders. 

We need Yearwood to be 100%. his physical skill sets are great. reminds me of Adams.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Casseres is limited technically, I dont think he always processes the game quick enough, and he is not an explosive athlete. 

That said I think calling him lazy is a stretch and almost uncalled for.  Maybe I am missing something but this guy doesn't stroll around like hes Rafa Marquez.  Everyone likes to call players lazy or say they don't care when 90% of the time what you meant to say is they are not good enough.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Not that I want him to play scared, but CCJ is missing that little voice in his head that occasionally asks "what's the worse that could happen?" He does things like go full speed into a challenge facing our own goal, sending the other team on a breakaway.

Just needs to be a little sharper knowing when its OK to "turn off" for a second and when its OK to go in guns blazing. Like you said he can be lazy tracking back, but he also fouls way too much on the press.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

I think this is a make-or-break year for Cassares. A pretty valid defense of him is that he hasn't really had great coaching in MLS. I think he Marsch left soon after he was realistically in the first team picture. If he still hasn't put the pieces together by July then I can't see him getting much playing time going forward. There are too many midfielders in the organization. 

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Casseres is limited technically, I dont think he always processes the game quick enough, and he is not an explosive athlete. 

That said I think calling him lazy is a stretch and almost uncalled for.  Maybe I am missing something but this guy doesn't stroll around like hes Rafa Marquez.  Everyone likes to call players lazy or say they don't care when 90% of the time what you meant to say is they are not good enough.

hes not Rafa lazy but watch the 3rd goal from the wide angle he didnt even try to get close to Vazquez thats been happening since he was in usl

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

on TV it seemed like casseres was breaking up plays and hustling. his weakness is his passing but its not terrible.  his role is to disrupt and give the ball to one of the other midfielders. 

We need Yearwood to be 100%. his physical skill sets are great. reminds me of Adams.

I am bullish on Yearwood and thought the game changed when he was brought in. Having said that, I thought his passing was subpar. Probably just shaking off some rust (I hope).

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Hard to judge CCJ. He looked promising in the very very beginning but under Armas just not up to snuff. That being said we saw performances dip across the board under Armas so...

Id give him a medium sized leash right now. Hes gotta start putting together better performances under this new coach or he could be riding the pine or worse come summer...which I would not disagree with.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

I am bullish on Yearwood and thought the game changed when he was brought in. Having said that, I thought his passing was subpar. Probably just shaking off some rust (I hope).

his diagonal balls were really good nailed Duncan a few time on those long switches

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

his diagonal balls were really good nailed Duncan a few time on those long switches

Yearwood is the best deep passer of the ball we've had since Dax and its not even close.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I thought Casseres played well yesterday.  He seldom gave the ball away, which is his main problem.  Obviously he is not Tyler Adams but Casseres can certainly still be a very good MLS midfielder.  

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Thought this play by CCJ was about as good as it gets.  Soft touch over the defender and then a perfectly placed and weighted ball to set up Fabio.

From about 2:05-2:30.

https://www.youtube....h?v=OlE9gll1Zns

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Yeah that was a good read, Gutman pressed and forced that sideways pass. Good step and quick transition, need more of that from everyone

I think CCJ is perfectly fine as a #8, just need to see more consistency to his game. Playing him as the 10 vs. KC did him no favors

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Ccj is fine. I expect him to become an enforcer. Kovalenko type of player. Nothing fancy but has the ability to knock you on your butt.

His weakness is that he sometimes overthink his passes. He should either boot it up the field and have Fabio fight it out or he should give the ball to long or davis. Those are our two best passers.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I think comparing Casseres to Kovalenko really underrates Casseres ability with the ball at his feet.  He often makes bad decisions but his control and ability when dribbling under pressure is often impressive.  As long as he can stamp out the bad decisions, he will be good.  And he also does have some Kovalenko like bite to him.  

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users