17 replies to this topic

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

I understand people gave issues with the soda can company being the new owners and blah blah blah blah, but just thankful that it is not a tampon companys logo on our jerseys

Someone has high standards.  :)+

I don't think anyone here is asking for Metro quality of play. Its the whole idea of being named after a product and existing solely to be a marketing tool that rubs people the wrong way. It's not a difficult concept to figure out.

What if the beloved NY Giants got renamed New York Pepsi? Do you think fans would ask for a return to the days when their team wasn't a billboard? You could even still call them big blue! :P

John Flushing

John Flushing

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts
  • Interests:www.metrofanatic.com
  • Supports:My Own Self Interests.

What if the beloved NY Giants got renamed New York Pepsi? Do you think fans would ask for a return to the days when their team wasn't a billboard? You could even still call them big blue! :P

Yes. The fans of the New York Pepsi franchise would ask for a return of the days when Big Blue was not a billboard.

"What shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Someone has high standards.  :)+

I don't think anyone here is asking for Metro quality of play. Its the whole idea of being named after a product and existing solely to be a marketing tool that rubs people the wrong way. It's not a difficult concept to figure out.

pepsi sucks - giants suck - seems like perfect alignment.

(I say this as a Giants fan)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users