107 replies to this topic

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Letting the STH's buy more than their own seat is a big mistake.

Greedy STH's now marking up tickets to insane prices on StubHub and other sites, ensuring there will be plenty of empty seats if the game does happen. Entire rows going for hundreds of dollars per seat. Those won't get sold.

STH's should only be allowed to buy their own seat and even then all tickets should be non-transferable to prevent scalping and shitty behavior by our so-called "hardcore fans".

The alternative being allowing even more unsold seats to hit the general public sale, meaning brokers can scoop up more tickets?

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Letting the STH's buy more than their own seat is a big mistake.

Greedy STH's now marking up tickets to insane prices on StubHub and other sites, ensuring there will be plenty of empty seats if the game does happen. Entire rows going for hundreds of dollars per seat. Those won't get sold.

STH's should only be allowed to buy their own seat and even then all tickets should be non-transferable to prevent scalping and shitty behavior by our so-called "hardcore fans".

ha ha. Being a STH is a horrible financial decision. The only benefit they get is first dibs on tix to events like MLS Cup.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

The alternative being allowing even more unsold seats to hit the general public sale, meaning brokers can scoop up more tickets?

No.

If the tickets are non-transferable then they cant be resold by anyone.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

No.

I'm pretty sure that's not allowed in NJ. The tickets have to be transferable at some point.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

The free market will determine the price of the tickets. They may be hundreds of dollars now. But they can go down in cost if nobody is buying them on the secondary market. However if demand is great the prices will remain high or go higher. 25,600 tixx will be completely distributed for MLS Cup and somehow and someway 25,000 will be in actual attendance.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

No.

The Yankees dont (and cant) even do that with World Series tickets. But yea, I'm sure that'll fly here.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
I bought one in 131 for just under $100 with taxes/fees.

Was under the impression it was open to the public, else I would have grabbed a few more for those on here looking.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Looks like the only seats that went on sale to public were the very last row of the upper deck corner. That's what it was showing the second it hit 10am this morning.

So MLS and the STH's have the other 25,000 tickets in their possession?

Father Ted

Father Ted

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Got my two tickets in the 10am General Sale.  Only a handful of tickets were available.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

ha ha. Being a STH is a horrible financial decision. The only benefit they get is first dibs on tix to events like MLS Cup.

There have been plenty of games over the years (Arsenal, being the best example) where my ST's early access yielded a very nice profit.    

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

There have been plenty of games over the years (Arsenal, being the best example) where my ST's early access yielded a very nice profit.    

Absolutely. Game by game, a season ticket doesnt make sense, as there are almost always cheaper seats on StubHub than what I pay per ticket as a STH. Getting early access to tickets for games like the Arsenal match and MLS Cup, mitigates a lot of that difference, for sure.

Space Ghost

Space Ghost

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, RU

I got 2 at 10:00, sec 203 row 18 for $55 each plus fees.  I did't look around too much, but there seemed to be plenty, although most were mid upper level.  I wonder how many they reserve for away teams, sponsors and other muckety mucks

For a season as bad as DCU has had, the USOC title is whipped cream on shit ~~ VOR II

Right Back

Right Back

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Interests:RedBullOut
  • Supports:Metro, RedBullOut

Wait I'm confused are these on sale to the general public now? How do I get access to the sale? Just call a rep? Sorry for being so out of the loop/ if this is just open to STHs still.

#RedBullOut

Rats get fat, good men die.

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Wait I'm confused are these on sale to the general public now? How do I get access to the sale? Just call a rep?

Read on reddit that they got sold out in less than 1 hour..

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

Wait I'm confused are these on sale to the general public now? How do I get access to the sale? Just call a rep? Sorry for being so out of the loop/ if this is just open to STHs still.

General public sale started at 10 AM this morning. Posted the Ticketmaster link below, but it appears to be sold out. 

https://www1.ticketm...000556B326A53FF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users