43 replies to this topic

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO
I find myself rooting against them because fuck red bull whatever place and country they're in. They're germany's most hated sports team for a reason and winning the league won't change that anytime soon. I only wish they could not be called red bull in the US as well.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

I find myself rooting against them because fuck red bull whatever place and country they're in. They're germany's most hated sports team for a reason and winning the league won't change that anytime soon. I only wish they could not be called red bull in the US as well.

I am surprised by some of the apathetic comments on the previous page. I just have to think back to how distraught I was when Red Bull bought my beloved Metro. That is a tragic feeling that most sports fans never experience. The pain has dulled over the years, but its still a thorn in my side.

All of this makes it easy for me to relate to those who have had Red Bull come in and change their world. 

ig101

ig101

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Fuck Red Bull

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

I'll pull for RB Leipzig. I hate Bayern Munich and have never been much of a fan of the Bundisliga. Liking the team here makes it okay to like the team there.

Or is that like Boy City fans becoming fans of Man City? Is that okay? Who knows. 

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

I'll pull for RB Leipzig. I hate Bayern Munich and have never been much of a fan of the Bundisliga. Liking the team here makes it okay to like the team there.

Or is that like Boy City fans becoming fans of Man City? Is that okay? Who knows. 

Of course it's ok and of course it's the same as nycfc/man city, everything from colors to name to the crest is shared among both sets of teams. Basically it's exactly what the Austrian overlords are hoping for when they name and dress all of their teams the same and you and many others are following right along. I support this team because it is my local team and despite the rb ownership/name. It's curious how for you it comes down to Bayern Munich or rb in a country with a rich and strong soccer history and even though you are not a fan of the league you find yourself pulling for a brand in that league just because it's the same brand you cheer for here.

I don't know how it is for anyone else but I never choose a team to root for, it chooses me and it is based on proximity not colors/names/players.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
I've become a huge fan of Leipzig.
Mainly because I made some connections with their fans during the #RedBullOut campaign. They were in a similar spot and as much as they hated Red Bull, they were doing well in 2.Bundesliga at the time.

I felt a Fraternity with their fans then started following the team and rooting for their players. I wanted them to get into the Bundesliga and then Red Bull to sell off New York to focus on their Bundesliga team. Now that they are in the tope flight and Red Bull still hasn't left here, I feel invested in the Leipzig team and enjoy them doing well much to the disgust of every other team.

Here is what scares me about them being in first (until they lost to last place team today): Red Bull overlords can argue their methods of not having a superstar player doesn't matter and its the style of play that works. "If it's good enough for the Bundesliga, its good enough for MLS".
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Leipzig ... lost to last place team today

Surprising loss to Ingolstadt, after being undefeated to this point.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

11Redknapp15

11Redknapp15

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Supports:Metro Liverpool Lokomotiv Sounders

The RB into Champs League is great for their bottom lines but doesn't help to promote the brand as much as it's being made out to. UEFA will not allow their corporate name to be used in any official matter.... They are referred to as Salzburg FC or Leipzig FC, Red Bull logo's and the name is rarely seen....aside from their on field kits.

Metrostars FC -- "The hardest FC in the world"
Метро Красное Общество Звезды

If only all footballers were like David Bentley

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

UEFA will not allow their corporate name to be used in any official matter.... They are referred to as Salzburg FC or Leipzig FC, Red Bull logo's and the name is rarely seen

There is still prestige in the CL, and AFAIK, media use RB's name when reporting on the competition. Corporate may not get all the free exposure that it wants, but still gets more than if teams don't qualify at all. Germany's top 3 go straight to the group stages, while Austria's champ will always have to play 2 or 3 qualifying rounds.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Red Bull logo's and the name is rarely seen....aside from their on field kits.

The club crest has the bulls on it, even though they use the names FC Salzburg and FC Liepzig, they still get their logo out there. It's on the UEFA.com site right now.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

The club crest has the bulls on it, even though they use the names FC Salzburg and FC Liepzig, they still get their logo out there. It's on the UEFA.com site right now.

I find that weird... uefa allows bayern to have their name posted.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

1320469_3_Unbenannt-3.jpg?version=146840

The remove the words Red Bull, but they keep it RB, not FC

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

RedBullsFC

RedBullsFC

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Supports:club: NYRB/////country: USA

RB = rasenballsport

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

big game today 2pm FS1

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Regardless of what the team is officially called during the Champions League, people will talk about Red Bull and recognize the logo.  That is all that really matters to Red Bull.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users