Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars
I smell another ass-whipping! :D

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

FC Red Bulls

FC Red Bulls

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
3-0 Red Bulls

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
I just hope the RBNY doesn't get cocky. They need to play with the same intensity they showed tonight. They need to fight from the first second of the first half to the last second of second half stoppage.

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
This is the beginning of a pretty easy stretch for us. Until May, the toughest team we have to play is San Jose. Would be pretty nice to go undefeated, or close to it, until then.

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts
  • Supports:Metros
Don't expect the same amount of space that Colorado gave up. Marsch is building his team in the Houston mold - solid, compact, unspectacular. And they'll be pretty good on free kicks if they get enough of the ball to win one or two.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Don't expect the same amount of space that Colorado gave up. Marsch is building his team in the Houston mold - solid, compact, unspectacular. And they'll be pretty good on free kicks if they get enough of the ball to win one or two.

Also, Braun and Nyassi have a history of always giving RBNY trouble. This could be a high scoring game.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Also, Braun and Nyassi have a history of always giving RBNY trouble. This could be a high scoring game.

Both got hat-tricks against us last year, right?

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT
I really hope Hans trots out the same lineup, even if Tainio is healthy. Dax may not be the passer or tackler that Teemu is, but his work rate, the way he moves into space and shows for the ball, is a real plus that people don't seem to appreciate. (I'm sure I'm in the minority on this one.)

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal
Meara, Miller, Conde, Keel, Solli, Ballouchy, Marquez, McCarty, Richards, Henry, Cooper.

Holgersson still scares me to death, Lindpere looks exhausted/injured, and McCarty played well enough today to stay in the lineup. Also, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Lade or some other youngsters get time in this game, given that it is an expansion team that has not been playing well.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
I wouldn't muck with it, but if this is the team until Ireland gets here and replaces McCarty i'd consider trying Tainio at RB, where he played in EPL. Solli spoiled some chances today, and I think he'll get back to form, but maybe Teemu could do with a shot.
"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

I really hope Hans trots out the same lineup, even if Tainio is healthy. Dax may not be the passer or tackler that Teemu is, but his work rate, the way he moves into space and shows for the ball, is a real plus that people don't seem to appreciate. (I'm sure I'm in the minority on this one.)

Agree. Same lineup. Don't love Dax but keep him over Tainio even if he's healthy. I think Daxs work rate is a plus paired with Marquez. He needs to do better with his passing.

I hope the team goes out there with killer instinct to make a statement.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

simont

simont

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls USMNT Tottenham Hotspur
Don’t think this is going to be as easy as people may think I can see us wining but I don’t see us let’s say wining by 3 goals I say 2-1 RB.

T.M. Anthony

T.M. Anthony

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
This is the first eastern conference team we're facing this year isn't it?

The east is on an entirely different wavelength than the west, one we might be succesful in. We can kick the easts ass this year!

I'm suddenly feeling more confident about this season. We're in the east we have a chance. :cool:

(,,,,,,,,,)    

\--|-- /   
/ |oo|   \  
#aslongaswerebreathing

2013 supporters shield champions.

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

I wouldn't muck with it, but if this is the team until Ireland gets here and replaces McCarty i'd consider trying Tainio at RB, where he played in EPL. Solli spoiled some chances today, and I think he'll get back to form, but maybe Teemu could do with a shot.

Tainio has aged 20 years since he got here. If you thought Solli was slow at RB, Tainio would be infinite amounts of slowness

Lade or Borrajo

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Montreal has some good pieces and is decent defensively, but is still lacking in midfield where RBNY has a significant advantage.

As long as the team doesn't get complacent, should be 2-2 heading into the game at Columbus.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users