36 replies to this topic

metros11

metros11

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Only fair to have this thread, especially with tomorrow's announcement.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

The Metrologist

The Metrologist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • Supports:Metro
This thread kicks.
No one makes TV commercials to get people to look at their billboards.

vflkirwan

vflkirwan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Supports:Metro/VfL Wolfsburg und die US Boys
I went to Long Island once for a Open Cup game. Took a really long time to get out there.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense
I saw the Confederate States of America movie last night and they said that Long Island is a reservation for Jews. Is that true? :unsure:

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

I went to Long Island once for a Open Cup game. Took a really long time to get out there.

Never been to any of the Eggs... and have no desire to.

Accents suck, beaches are worse than Jersey.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

gprime85

gprime85

The Hooligan Reverend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts
  • Interests:beer.
  • Supports:RBNY CELTIC USA West Ham

I saw the Confederate States of America movie last night and they said that Long Island is a reservation for Jews. Is that true? :unsure:

best mock-umentary ever...but you do know it was a mock-umentary, right?
{GSS}
"So wait, a brace is when someone scores 2 goals." "Yep." "...and a hat trick is 3 goals." "Right." "So than what's 5 goals? Is there a name for that?" "A Mathis."
In Soler/Backe We Trust.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

best mock-umentary ever...but you do know it was a mock-umentary, right?

I do, but please don't tell any of my slaves that, OK?

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

gprime85

gprime85

The Hooligan Reverend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts
  • Interests:beer.
  • Supports:RBNY CELTIC USA West Ham

I do, but please don't tell any of my slaves that, OK?

haha fair enough...idk if that was a serious comment about the jewish ghetto or not...it's possible you didn't know your civil war history and turned off the movie before it was over :unsure:
{GSS}
"So wait, a brace is when someone scores 2 goals." "Yep." "...and a hat trick is 3 goals." "Right." "So than what's 5 goals? Is there a name for that?" "A Mathis."
In Soler/Backe We Trust.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
Just took a look at the trailer for the movie. May have to check this one out.

I prefer the news style mocumentaries. Menace got me into watching those... too bad there are only a few, but they are all excellent.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
Gentlemen, please stay on topic.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

HoosMetros

HoosMetros

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, UVa
They best not name this team the rough riders!

It took me a solid 6-7 years to convert to the mls game after originally jumping on board the rogh rider bandwagon in '95- tony meola, chris armas, geovanny savarese (names sound familiar, dont they?)- yeah I was bitter for a bit that mls just came and grabbed my team away- made that friendly win at hofstra in 97 a really fun day.. it really wasn't until the usa-jamaica warmup in '02 that i even thought about supporting metro, seeing the passion you guys had versus the 1500 soccer moms that would show up at mitchell field- that heart, that passion is what got me to convert and now stay a full-time metro fan...

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts

It took me a solid 6-7 years to convert to the mls game after originally jumping on board the rogh rider bandwagon in '95- tony meola, chris armas, geovanny savarese (names sound familiar, dont they?)- yeah I was bitter for a bit that mls just came and grabbed my team away- made that friendly win at hofstra in 97 a really fun day.. it really wasn't until the usa-jamaica warmup in '02 that i even thought about supporting metro, seeing the passion you guys had versus the 1500 soccer moms that would show up at mitchell field- that heart, that passion is what got me to convert and now stay a full-time metro fan...

I think you're safe. The team is going to be called FC New York or something like that. I do believe though that they'll be playing at Hofstra.

MetroStone

MetroStone

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Metro

I think you're safe. The team is going to be called FC New York or something like that. I do believe though that they'll be playing at Hofstra.

It's called SOCCER! In America we play SOCCER! Pretentious bastards!
Some people are like slinkeys. They are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

5 You got REAMed 5

wgoood2

wgoood2

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Supports:METROSTARS!!

I remember that freindly, that was my first metro game. Hofstra stadium was sold out 15K +.

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
So Michael K, was there an announcement or was it all just a sick April Fool's joke by Ives?

Nevermind, here it is. Like I said, Hofstra it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users