Chicago4ever

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, beer, games, ... , ... ,
  • Supports:UIC, FIRE, RAMPAGE

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:50 PM

Hello Chicagoian person. I always love how NYRB people and Chicago people come and post on our boards yet your admins delete our posts.

well, i can't explain why your posts get taken off, but NYRB people are pretty retarded and their posts are even more so.

Last one I played was 06, so I may be a bit behind here, but rather than updating players based on week-to-week performances, I would rather have player attributes change from season to season in Manager Mode.

I don't really play the 1v1 form, so I could care less if Carlos Vela suddenly becomes a hot-shot. I can wait for FIFA'10. But if I'm in manager mode, I don't want to see Lionel Messi be at level 99.99999999 until he's 39. I'd rather see players get life cycles. Also with young players that you sign at 17 at a 71 level, I'd like to see them make strides or drop off or something.

Yeah, all this stuff was probably implemented into 07 and 08 wasn't it?

don't know about 07, but it was in 08 already. You can still prevent the tapering off of attributes by training. I got Buffon up to a 94 in my 3rd season and no one gets up really high as a near 100....atleast I haven't.

I do wanna know how the hell Edu got on the NA cover(screw that he worked with EA on the game) with Ochoa and Ronaldiho(again)....can't we have like Beckham or Landy, then maybe Messi or Pato...then for Mexico you could put like...i mean even Blanco (even though we hate him here in Chi-town now) TFC doesn't deserve a player on the cover let alone he ain't there no more.
DJ

The KNIGHTS are coming!

#17 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:33 PM

Hello Chicagoian person. I always love how NYRB people and Chicago people come and post on our boards yet your admins delete our posts.

They just delete your posts.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#18 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:22 AM

maybe I'll delete your face! ...I don't know what that means...I'm sleepy
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#19 Deeve

Deeve

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:21 AM

anybody with me when i say that the player upgrade system for '08 on PS3, blows? Its cool to be able to add your own attributes based on experience, but you would have to throw all your points into one specific category for it to even matter.

on a side note: im stoked to hear that they improved the first touches and one time passing in '09. nothing gets me more than thinking you're setting yourself up for a sick volley and then have the player take a touch right into a defender. that shits weak.

#20 galaxyforever13

galaxyforever13

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:LA GALAXY<br />LA LAKERS<br />UCLA BRUINS<br />LONG BEACH STATE 49ERS<br />MAN CITY
  • Supports:LA GALAXY, Man City, USMNT

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:57 PM

anybody with me when i say that the player upgrade system for '08 on PS3, blows? Its cool to be able to add your own attributes based on experience, but you would have to throw all your points into one specific category for it to even matter.

on a side note: im stoked to hear that they improved the first touches and one time passing in '09. nothing gets me more than thinking you're setting yourself up for a sick volley and then have the player take a touch right into a defender. that shits weak.

it sucks if you created a player because they start from such shitty ranks. it does take some time to see the progress for your players. it helps if you use the points for the right stuff, based on a player's position. it does suck to a degree though for sure.
"If you go out with a girl and they say she has a great personality, she's ugly. If they tell you a guy works hard, he can't play a lick. Same thing."---Charles Barkley

#21 Ben7

Ben7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, MLS & USMNT

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:10 AM

I hope that the HDC will be included on ALL platforms this year (I had it on PC in 08), Graphics are better and that there are more specific MLS things (stadiums, competitions, adboards, pop ups)

btw if anyone has “complaints” about the G’s data in FIFA (not the appereance or line up) blame me among others, I’m a data reviewer/researcher exclusivly for the G’s…

I know they are probably "worked before published" with images and are only about Becks, but hey its MLS/Gs and Toronto in PC Fifa09...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#22 Ben7

Ben7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:51 AM

I know it's slightly off topic, but since I'm over in the US soon I was thinking of buying me a PS3 and then taking it back home to Europe...

Anyone done a similiar thing before ? ie tips for avoiding shipping, custom fees? transport advice?

the Reason's are the PS3 is about 150-200 $ cheaper on your side of the pond + the BluerayDVD would be already in Region 1, since I usually only buy Code 1 DVDs anyway...

#23 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:36 PM

btw if anyone has “complaints” about the G’s data in FIFA (not the appereance or line up) blame me among others, I’m a data reviewer/researcher exclusivly for the G’s…

Funny.

EA wants supporters or those with an intense knowledge of each club and LA gets stuck with a Euro doing R&R. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Cheers to you, Ben.

#24 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:12 PM

Anyone done a similiar thing before ? ie tips for avoiding shipping, custom fees? transport advice?

Not me personally but my wife's aunt lives in Australia. When she comes over for a visit, she has tons (or do you prefer "tonnes") of people asking her to bring this or that back with her.

Usually, she and her friends will buy stuff online and have it shipped to our place ahead of her arrival and then she brings one suitcase just to transport all the stuff. She'll unwrap and unbox everything and say it's stuff she had in storage at her "home" here even though she hasn't owned a house here for 10 years.

I'd guess, if you bought it, make sure it works and then just toss all the packaging material and throw it in a suitcase or backpack and out a Grateful Dead sticker on it, it'll look like something you brought with you and it wouldn't get a second look.

#25 AboutaSith

AboutaSith

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Interests:Football, Football, Football! Film, Music - listening and concert going, Baseball, Ice Hockey.
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Liverpool, St Mirren

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:57 PM

That's the way to do it, unwrap it all chuck the receipts and shit in the mail to yourself then just say you took it out there with you to play in the hotel room.

Cant wait for FIFA'09. After Footie Manager this is me fav footie game!
You have the capacity to learn from your mistakes. You will learn a lot today.
C'mon the Galaxy!
Liverpool for the Premier League,FA Cup & League Cup!
St Mirren for a top half finish in the SPL!
C'mon Angels!
Google+

#26 El_Dude

El_Dude

Steve Sampson Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Pizza and Boyzzzz! And Galaxy! And BEER!
  • Supports:no one...they support me!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:34 PM

Last one I played was 06, so I may be a bit behind here, but rather than updating players based on week-to-week performances, I would rather have player attributes change from season to season in Manager Mode.

I don't really play the 1v1 form, so I could care less if Carlos Vela suddenly becomes a hot-shot. I can wait for FIFA'10. But if I'm in manager mode, I don't want to see Lionel Messi be at level 99.99999999 until he's 39. I'd rather see players get life cycles. Also with young players that you sign at 17 at a 71 level, I'd like to see them make strides or drop off or something.

Yeah, all this stuff was probably implemented into 07 and 08 wasn't it?

they do...this is one way to find out who is going to be good talent in a few years...heard of this Nasri dude? I was playing with him three years ago on one of my squads...
STEVE SAMPSON; STILL THE GREATEST COACH OF THE LA GALAXY. EVER. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT. NUF SAID. JAJAJA!

#27 31Charlie

31Charlie

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Supports:L.A. Galaxy

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:08 PM

I know it's slightly off topic, but since I'm over in the US soon I was thinking of buying me a PS3 and then taking it back home to Europe...

the Reason's are the PS3 is about 150-200 $ cheaper on your side of the pond + the BluerayDVD would be already in Region 1, since I usually only buy Code 1 DVDs anyway...

Can't really help you with customs but as far as shipping a whole bunch of us did this when we got back from Iraq. I mailed both a X360 and a Wii home and they made it "fine". As in they still worked when they got back. I would just recommend a lot of padding and getting the insurance on it from the USPS.

#28 anarchie75

anarchie75

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US Nats

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:19 PM

On a side note I got Fifa Manager 08 recently and if you're into the manager mode aspect of the Fifa series it is great. Loads of detail.

I'll probably get Fifa 09 eventually but just got Fifa 08 a couple months ago for $9.99. Will suffice for now.

#29 Ben7

Ben7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 02:29 AM

Thanks for the help :)

the PS3 price in the US is 400$ currently as far as I have found (checked bestbuy and walmart online shops, sadly US-amazon doesn't ship the PS3 to Switzerland).

I mostly want the PS3 for the "next gen" FIFA, BluerayDVD (code 1) and some racing games.

by the way, my "reviewer/research" work just started about 2 months ago, but rest easy there are other US based guys doing the big part of the changes (line up, tactits, faces and other appereances, stats etc) I mainly just provide them with player pics, transfer infos or generals stuff like player not being injury prone (Klein) since he had more than 100 games after each other.

#30 galaxyforever13

galaxyforever13

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:LA GALAXY<br />LA LAKERS<br />UCLA BRUINS<br />LONG BEACH STATE 49ERS<br />MAN CITY
  • Supports:LA GALAXY, Man City, USMNT

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:58 PM

I have 08' for my ps3 and im not someone who'll buy games every year, i usually buy the fifa every other year. so, other than updating the team's attributes like the real team are there any great improvements that persuade to to get 09?
"If you go out with a girl and they say she has a great personality, she's ugly. If they tell you a guy works hard, he can't play a lick. Same thing."---Charles Barkley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users