ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

I miss Ernesto Mota and his color commentator in WADO in the old days. Man, so much potential was lost with those guys.

Bklynfootballer

Bklynfootballer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA
Aaron Long will be on Fox 5 Sports Xtra w/ Tina Cervasio tonight (10:30).

https://twitter.com/...V3CR8NurPIHem-w

wabbit67

wabbit67

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

I have listened to the first two games on Red Bulls Radio.  Virtually no play by play.  Just team chatter and a sudden yell of goal when one goes in.  That is a slight exaggeration but not much.  It's brutal but it's what I have for now.  The funny thing is the Red Bulls Radio crew was in San Jose and Toronto for both games.  Curious if the MSG crew was actually in the stadium or if they were still in studio.  Why would they fly the radio guy(s) to these places?  How many people are actually listening to these broadcasts?  As I sit listening, I think I have to be the only one.  The announcer asked people to contact him on social media.  Said he would give a shout out on air.  Never heard a single shout out after that.  It's very annoying that the Union can broadcast their games to their local market on their website, beating the ESPN+ blackout, but Red Bull doesn't or can't do the same.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Red Bulls Radio crew was in San Jose and Toronto for both games. 

Did they say that? Or infer it?

Curious if the MSG crew was actually in the stadium or if they were still in studio. 

They do the pre-game show from The MSG Studio,
so you can surmise.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro

so you can surmise.

Red Bull radio travels to all games msg does not travel to any games

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I have listened to the first two games on Red Bulls Radio.  Virtually no play by play.  Just team chatter and a sudden yell of goal when one goes in.  That is a slight exaggeration but not much.  It's brutal but it's what I have for now.  The funny thing is the Red Bulls Radio crew was in San Jose and Toronto for both games.  Curious if the MSG crew was actually in the stadium or if they were still in studio.  Why would they fly the radio guy(s) to these places?  How many people are actually listening to these broadcasts?  As I sit listening, I think I have to be the only one.  The announcer asked people to contact him on social media.  Said he would give a shout out on air.  Never heard a single shout out after that.  It's very annoying that the Union can broadcast their games to their local market on their website, beating the ESPN+ blackout, but Red Bull doesn't or can't do the same.

Red Bull Radio is owned by the team, right? So the radio guys probably travel with the team staff. MSG doesnt want to pay for Steve & Shep to travel anywhere.

As for the games not being streamed on the RBNY website, Id guess they cant be per their contract with MSG.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
Given MSGs apparent limited availability RBNY needs to rethink their broadcast partner, assuming it doesnt all go national with ESPN+.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Given MSGs apparent limited availability RBNY needs to rethink their broadcast partner, assuming it doesnt all go national with ESPN+.

I think they take what they can get

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Plus, the options are obviously finite from a Regional Sports Network perspective. 

YES has NYCFC already, plus is that network any more accessible than MSG? 

I suppose SNY is an option, but they seem to have the smallest footprint of the three networks.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts

Plus, the options are obviously finite from a Regional Sports Network perspective. 

YES has NYCFC already, plus is that network any more accessible than MSG? 

I suppose SNY is an option, but they seem to have the smallest footprint of the three networks.

How much can they be getting from MSG? Maybe dont have a local broadcast at all and therefore no blackouts on ESPN+. I have MSG so its not an issue for me, but the team needs to figure out a way to at least get the away games to people that dont.

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

How much can they be getting from MSG? Maybe dont have a local broadcast at all and therefore no blackouts on ESPN+. I have MSG so its not an issue for me, but the team needs to figure out a way to at least get the away games to people that dont.

I don't think that's a wise move. All teams need local broadcast partner. But the new media rights deal the league signs will have a huge impact. That's what I'm very curious to see what happens.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Seems almost like MSG is doing it for free because no one else will.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts

I don't think that's a wise move. All teams need local broadcast partner.

Do they? Why?

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts

Seems almost like MSG is doing it for free because no one else will.

So then why have them do it all? Have the radio guys call the game for a tv broadcast and let ESPN show all the games, no blackouts. This team does not have enough fans to have some not be able to get the games on tv.

wabbit67

wabbit67

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

so you can surmise.

They actually said that they were in the cities.  In the first game, Jolley and the play by play by play guy talked about finding coffee shops and restaurants in San Jose on that visit.  They made a big deal about being back on the road.  Maybe I am less clear on the second broadcast in hindsight but I thought that the announcer discussed where his booth was located in the stadium.  He also mentioned trying to catch a replay on the TSN feed being broadcast inside the stadium.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users